Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Comparing Japan and the world => tolerance & prejudices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by junjunforever View Post
    I think koreans and chinese are too proud of their cultures (claiming cultural superiority over other cultures) and this is one aspect japan has the best record in the region.
    What does this have to do with discrimination in Japan? Not all Koreans or Chinese think our culture is superior.

I think there's a difference in discrimination when it comes to discriminating for where you come from and discrimination when it comes to what you do. You can change what you do, but you can't change where you come from. Ethnicity is ascribed and job is given.

Wookies ftw
    im sorry to say this,but anyone from the US can't say anything about equal rights and discrimination because it's still as big(bigger in my honest opinion)than it was in the 50s.

If a white person calls a black person a nigger,there are litterally teams of lawyers who work for free to take every possession and cent the white person has.If a black person calls a white person a cracker or w/e,nothing happens,whitey has to suck it up and move on.

If a white person hits anyone other than a white person they can slap a hate crime sticker on it,but it rarely works in the opposite direction.

Hell,a sheriff got fired a few counties over from mine for deporting illegal aliens

Also,any and all ethnic people and women get considered for a job before a white person

I'm not a racist or bigot or anything,but before we can help other countries and preach to them on our soapbox we need to get our stuff straight.

Personally I think it's sad that we let other races climb higher than us,because that just tosses their favored "we want equal rights" yell right out the window,they don't want equal rights,they want to be superior.