wow,I thought our school system was bad.

I went kindergarden-12th grade in the united states,the southeast of the united states to be exact, and it sounds like yall have it easy. Elementary school started at 8am and went to 1am for k-3rd,8am-3pm for 4th-6th. Junior high started at 7:30am and lasted to 3:15 for grades 7-8th.Highschool start at 7:15am and lasted to 2:15pm. If you failed any subject(less than 70% mastery) you failed the whole grade and could go to summer school or repeat that grade next year. We had advanced classes starting in 7th grade for those students that had the grades for it.

In highschool,you could pick if you wanted a university path(all advanced classes,junior and senior years[11-12] you could take college classes in highschool),a technical path(autoshop,more art and computing based classes)or a dual path. Now, my parents picked my classes for me(yay) and had me in all honors and AP(standard=regular difficulty classes,honors=hard classes,AP=advanced placement,or college classes). School has never been hard for me,but I was bored out of my mind in all my classes,and then I had to go in a standard class to give a teacher a note...I found out all standard teachers did was pass out worksheets,and some kids still failed!!

we normally didnt have enough textbooks for everyone,and there is a set curriculum but most teachers taught what they thought was relevant,the few who went "by the book" normally had the lowest passing rates,because lets face it, you cant cram 1200 pages into a kid every 3 weeks and expect them to do too well on a test.oh,each school decided on what textbooks they would use.

You could choose what maths/sciences/foreign languages/histories you wanted,but you had to take a certain amount of each and you had to take algebraI & II,geometry,US history,biology,IPS,english 1-4,keyboarding(like people dont get enough practice >_<) and you had to have 2 years of PE.

sorry about length of post,didnt expect to write this much,but after reading what you all said,I'm kinda glad I went to school where I did.