Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Japan and WWII : Asian hegemony

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This is a far-fetched dead propaganda
    Yeah link is dead...

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Sun_Yat_Sen's_speech_on_Pan-Asianism

Gentlemen: I highly appreciate this cordial reception with which you are honoring me today. The topic of the day is "Pan-Asianism," but before we touch upon the subject, we must first have a clear conception of Asia's place in the world. Asia, in my opinion, is the cradle of the world's oldest civilization. Several thousand years ago, its peoples had already attained an advanced civilization; even the ancient civilizations of the West, of Greece and Rome, had their origins on Asiatic soil. In Ancient Asia we had a philosophic, religious, logical and industrial civilization. The origins of the various civilizations of the modern world can be traced back to Asia's ancient civilization. It is only during the last few centuries that the countries and races of Asia have gradually degenerated and become weak, while the European countries have gradually developed their resources and become powerful. After the latter had fully developed their strength, they turned their attention to, and penetrated into, East Asia, where they either destroyed or pressed hard upon each and every one of the Asiatic nations, so that thirty years ago there existed, so to speak, no independent country in the whole of Asia. With this, we may say, the low water mark had been reached..........
    Last edited by caster51; Aug 19, 2006 at 15:30.