Do you think that love and money are related, or completely different things ?

Personally, I can't see any connection. I can't understand how so many girls think that a man can show them that they love them by buying them clothes, jewelry, paying for restaurants or whatever. I only have one word for girls who value material possessions and money, and cannot stay with a boyfiend/husband if they don't follow financially : "prostitute" (even dedicated to only one man - just career instead of freelance ).

A female problem ?

Interestingly, it is normally women who expect men to give them presents, rather than the opposite. I can't think of many men who would complain or feel "unloved" for never receiving presents. Affection, trust, emotions, good relationship or mutual attraction is what really defines "love". If all of these are present, people can be said to "love" each other. Money cannot buy "love". This would just be a superficial feeling ("fake love") that would disappear when there is no more money.

Presents can make someone happy, but there is no need to be in an exclusive, "love" relationship for that. Parents give children presents, and so do friends or other family members. Presents (or omiyage ) are give to colleagues, and business people invite their customers to restaurants. Money can help build first contact, or show one's favour, but cannot buy or sustain love.

Love & friendship

I also don't think that personality, culture or personal interests have anything to do with love. It can help building a first contact, but does not define love itself. I mean, as long as their is a mutual attraction, affection, trust, etc., love exist, even if the couple has nothing else in common.

Personality and interests are good to make and keep friends, but love and friendship are just as different as chalk and cheese.