Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Would you stay with someone you (really) love if (you knew that)...

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • he/she cheated on you

12 15.38%
  • he/she loved someone else (but didn't do anything) and not you

4 5.13%
  • he/she loved both you and someone else

13 16.67%
  • he/she loved someone else of the same sex (homosexual love) in addition to you [or opposite sex for those already in homosexual relationship]

18 23.08%
  • he/she didn't love you (but not anybody else either), but liked you

26 33.33%
  • he/she had sex with someone else, but continued to love you at the same time

16 20.51%
  • he/she really didn't love or like you, but without hating you (just no feeling at all)

5 6.41%
  • he/she hated you

5 6.41%
  • Really can't make up my mind - case by case depending on the person and situation

39 50.00%
  • Other (please specify)

10 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you stay with such a lover ?

didn't know there was multichoice polls now. i've been away too long.

Ooh, just found this one....
    Well I dont mind being cheated on, as long as they dont love the other person, and they arent in the same country as me. I think that if my partner would want to have sex with someone else then it should only happen when im not there to provide.
    Which is kind of similar to the 'he/she had sex with somebody else but continued to love you'. As long as im the only one being loved, thats fine, and visa versa. However if/when I get married and have children, it would HAVE to be a monogamous relationship for the sake of the children, and to stay true to the meaning of marriage. Until then... im a little more open minded.

Kara-Nari Smarty-Pants Wiz-Girl of the Southern Pacific Queen of Communication and International Arbitration and Diplomatic Solutions to Hairy Territorial Issues Her Majesty the Empress コクネ・ you quite rightly deserve the title for your individuality !

I chose 'case by case'. A really strong relationship can survive almost anything, as long as there is determination from both parties to make it work.
    "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
    merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

Currently playing: Agarest on PS3
    Currently reading: The Devil Rides Out by Dennis Wheatley

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    As long as i am loved and not cheated on, i am fine, and can forgive most things.

However not being loved isnt cool so, i would probably lean towards a break-up, though i would hate having to initiate it, and if she cheated on me then, whoa, she better pack her bags.

I guess some people are strong enough to survive an affair in the relationship, but, it ussually has a habit of dirtying it, of defiling it if you will, like corrupting holy water once its done its kinda considored different from then on, like crunching up a clean new peice of paper.

Most people strong enough to survive it are the ones who wouldnt ever let it happen so, i admire more a couple who love each other more then the motives behind an affair or whatever.

if she was to cheat on me, twould be over for good, no matter luv or not.

i chose

he/she loved someone else of the same sex (homosexual love) in addition to you [or opposite sex for those already in homosexual relationship]

i don't mind this in fact, i'll love him even more

he/she had sex with someone else, but continued to love you at the same time

as someone had already said... i'd rather he sleep with her and thinking of me, than with me but thinking of her.

Quite a difficult question... I choose the can't make up my mind option, since it would really depend on the person and situation I guess... and because I can't possibly say now what I would actually do in such a situation.
    Looking for an internship in Japan!
    日本でインターンシップを探す!

It really depends on the situation and the person your with. But anyway that's my opinion.

he/she cheated on you
    Probably. Cheating always kind of continous, it's better to leave him... people mostly cheat on their partners, because they are not satisficed with something. May it be sex, thier personality, apearence or something smiliar.

he/she loved someone else (but didn't do anything) and not you
    I would leave him. If you love a person deeply and with your heart and soul, his/her happiness is in the first place.

he/she loved both you and someone else
    You can love just one person.

he/she loved someone else of the same sex (homosexual love) in addition to
    I would. He loves another one. And by the way have nothing about same sex partners

he/she didn't love you (but not anybody else either), but liked you

Yeah. You can't be with someone who likes you only as a friend.

Sex is conected with love. And sex with another person while he's with you is cheating.

he/she really didn't love or like you, but without hating you (just no feeling at all)
    Yes.

he/she hated you
    You can't be with someone in relations ship if he/she hates you.

Really can't make up my mind - case by case depending on the person and situation
    Other (please specify)

Quote Originally Posted by Kara_Nari
    Ooh, just found this one....
    Well I dont mind being cheated on, as long as they dont love the other person, and they arent in the same country as me. I think that if my partner would want to have sex with someone else then it should only happen when im not there to provide.
    Which is kind of similar to the 'he/she had sex with somebody else but continued to love you'. As long as im the only one being loved, thats fine, and visa versa. However if/when I get married and have children, it would HAVE to be a monogamous relationship for the sake of the children, and to stay true to the meaning of marriage. Until then... im a little more open minded.

In this day and age with HIV and other STDs, it is foolish to put up with a cheating lover, male or female. You don't know what they might bring home to you.

Armand's Rancho del Cielo

Let me air my thoughts ELECTRIC JAPAN's Avatar
    Do not play with my sweet affection,my darlings of Japan.
    I have a heart of a rose but if you betray me my high heel
    will stomp you in the heart.
    S P L A T!.
    I will be alive in your living nightmares.
    Never break a heart.
    The neon light hurts my red as the sun eyeballs.

Heart Be careful with my heart

Quote Originally Posted by ELECTRIC JAPAN
    Do not play with my sweet affection,my darlings of Japan.
    I have a heart of a rose but if you betray me my high heel
    will stomp you in the heart.
    S P L A T!.
    I will be alive in your living nightmares.
    Never break a heart.

I can tolerate/ understand infidelity in some cases, but it has to be a mutual understanding between the people that it is an 'open' relationship.

However, if one person thinks it is 'true love' and the other doesn't it can be damaging. It is wrong to tell someone you love them if you do not.
    If I am giving someone all my attention and love, I expect the same. Once cheating has occured it is hard to regain the trust.

I'm an old romantic
    Vinyl rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Anchyyy
    Sex is conected with love. And sex with another person while he's with you is cheating.
    I wouldn't say sex is connected with love Anchyyy You can have sex with somebody just for fun, but not love that person.
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

Quote Originally Posted by RockLee
    I wouldn't say sex is connected with love Anchyyy You can have sex with somebody just for fun, but not love that person.
    Depends on a person. I don't think i could have sex with someone just for fun

I have to agree with Anchyyy on that, I couldn't do that. But RockLee's remark also makes some sense, even though I wouldn't do it... cause I guess there's a lot of people who do have sex just for fun.

Ground Oddity

Heart

he/she cheated on you-
    Then she would not be able to walk straight anymore.
    he/she loved someone else (but didn't do anything) and not you
    I’ll leave her
    he/she loved both you and someone else
    I’m not sharing… she better go on her way.
    he/she loved someone else of the same sex (homosexual love) in addition to you [or opposite sex for those already in homosexual relationship]
    I cannot answer this one…
    he/she didn't love you (but not anybody else either), but liked you
    I’m not wasting my time I’ll see her just for bed and fun stuff
    See answer one
    he/she really didn't love or like you, but without hating you (just no feeling at all)
    And what the hell is she doing with me?
    he/she hated you
    I can take that, it is another form of love
    Really can't make up my mind - case by case depending on the person and situation
    Other (please specify)

That is true enough let not being a superficial jealous Italian like me

Planet Scotland is Blue and there's nothing I can do!!!

No. I won't stay but would make sure our break-up is graceful and not dramatic.

1) he/she cheated on you-
    If that ever happened I'd be pretty pissed off. Loyalty and trust is important to me.

2) he/she loved someone else (but didn't do anything) and not you
    If she doesn't love me then I shouldn't try to make her, I need to find someone who will

3) he/she loved both you and someone else
    She'll need to decide between me or the other. Trust and loyalty is important

4) he/she loved someone else of the same sex (homosexual love) in addition to you [or opposite sex for those already in homosexual relationship]
    No thanks. She can love another girl, but I have to be her main love.

5) he/she didn't love you (but not anybody else either), but liked you
    Then we'd just be good friends. Call it even

6) he/she had sex with someone else, but continued to love you at the same time
    I'd forgive her... but I'm going to have to talk to her about it. Seriously.

7) he/she really didn't love or like you, but without hating you (just no feeling at all)
    Then its not worth my time

8) he/she hated you
    LoL, I'll answer the same as curore: I can take that, it is another form of love

9) Other (please specify)
    If she broke up with me and wanted to come back again... I'd let her.

NECROMANCER!

yeah... why we must sleeping with woman/man, if we does not love each other.... its just give our energy unless..... is better if we know or love each other... so sex is become beautiful.........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123