8) Fried fish yes
9) Whale no
10) Miso soup yes

Etiquette

Do you :

1) remove your shoes before entering your own house yes, see below
2) slurp your ramen yes
3) excuse yourself all the time even when you are not wrong yes
4) bow (even slightly) when greeting or seeing someone off (in formal situations) yes, i find myself bowing very slightly now strangely
5) bow when you talk on the phone no
6) buy omiyage for your colleagues, friends or family when you go somewhere (even for a few days) no
7) nod or make little sounds agreement showing that you are listenning to someone yes
8) avoid teling people directly what you think yes
9) avoid putting soap or foam in your bath no, but i haven't taken a "bath" in about 6 years though. I take showers every day.
10) refrain from eating in the street or while standing/walking. no. im a "eat on the go" person. I eat a bag of chips and and drink a soda while riding my bike sometimes

Cultural adaptation

Can you :

1) Sleep on a futon yes
2) bear Japanese TV programmes yes
3) ride a bicycle with an umbrella in one hand yes
4) sit in "seiza" yes

Do you :

5) like J-pop yes
6) like kabuki yes
7) read manga yes
8) like sumo yes
9) like everything that is cute only some stuff
10) like "onsen" (hot spring) yes

So I scored a 6-6-9 = 21. Not bad.

About the taking off the shoes thing. Im an ABSOLUTE NUT about this. I currently live in a dorm room by myself and I even take off my shoes before entering my room. When I go over to my cousin's house (where they don't take off their shoes in their house), I always take off my shoes, even when they tell me to leave them on, and sometimes we even get in dumb arguments about it. Its been standard practice in my household since i was born to take off my shoes. I can't walk in someone's house with my shoes on. Period. It just feels REALLY weird to do it