Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: what programs do you like on Japanese TV (choose all applicable)

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • News

27 23.08%
  • Dramas

41 35.04%
  • Jidai-geki (Japanese historical movies)

19 16.24%
  • Modern Japanese movies

32 27.35%
  • Western movies

12 10.26%
  • Variety

32 27.35%
  • Celebrity quizzes

28 23.93%
  • Travel

24 20.51%
  • Restaurant & food reviews

25 21.37%
  • Cooking classes

18 15.38%
  • Money-related programs checking how much people earn and spend (Bari-bari value, etc.)

4 3.42%
  • Anime

50 42.74%
  • Documentaries (history...)

25 21.37%
  • Commercials !

36 30.77%
  • Sumo

22 18.80%
  • Other sports

19 16.24%
  • Other (specify)

11 9.40%
  • I have never watched Japanese TV

16 13.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What programmes do you like on Japanese TV ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow What programmes do you like on Japanese TV ?

"Japanese TV is regarded as no more than charmingly ridiculous", as Giles Murray, author of the Kodansha bilingual book "All you wanted to know about the UK", puts it - and I concur completely with him.

One of the best and most annoying thing at the same time on Japanese TV are the commercials. They are quite nice or funny, which makes you want to watch them more than the programmes themselves, but they are so frequent (every 2 to 5min) that it becomes irritating once you are watching something more or less interesting.

I'd like, however, to know what those of you who have watched Japanese TV think of it, so as to divide the good from the less good.

Please vote for all the kinds of program(me)s you like on Japanese TV.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Comedy shows, which are known as variety. I LOVE the show with the guys who dress like 80's punks with the big hair and the long black clothing and ride the bikes doing some kind of counting game. Loser fights a sumo! hehe

I'm living in Belgium....If there would be only 1 freakin Japanese channel on my tv it would be a MIRACLE
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

Finally Enlighted One Buddha Smoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewok85
    Comedy shows, which are known as variety. I LOVE the show with the guys who dress like 80's punks with the big hair and the long black clothing and ride the bikes doing some kind of counting game. Loser fights a sumo! hehe
    It's called Mecha Mecha Ike and has one of my favorite Japanese actors Okamura from 99. That show is on Saturday Nights at 8pm on Fuji TV (usually channel 8). It's a counting game....I can explain it but I'm lazy. I love when the sumo come out. Funny stuff.

Another of my favorite shows in ONE NIGHT ROCK N ROLL on Wednesdays at 10pm on Fuji TV. Lots of good stuff..this is my favorite show in Japan.

Somebody should just merge my original posts from the TV/Show thread about this and Japanese TV.

Does anybody else watch those?

I like everything with Bob Sapp... isn't it great how Bob Sapp is in everything!?
    "Am I a Rastafarian by any chance? Yes. I don't know if I like it...I listen to a lot of Dancehall"-- J-Bot

"Yes I like to inhale occasionally."-- J-Bot

"Dude, I can't tell if JREF smoke weed. I think JREF smoke weed for medicinal purposes"-- J-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by chiquiliquis
    I like everything with Bob Sapp... isn't it great how Bob Sapp is in everything!?
    I don't know how that fool got to be so famous in the Japan. I met him in person a couple times. Nothing special in my opinion and he was just like an average guy with some rudeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Smoker
    I don't know how that fool got to be so famous in the Japan. I met him in person a couple times. Nothing special in my opinion and he was just like an average guy with some rudeness.
    He is a really big guy... that seems to be a rarity here... aside from that, I am equally dumbfounded!?! 

i love that show too
    its really hard though!
    i mean the terminator.... everyone would make a mistake on that one

I guess not too many people have heard about the shows I watch? Any comments?

"Still he annoys"
    now there's a surprise [sarcasm]
    baby adolf (i've read that hate-based tripe he calls a journal -- well, to be honest, couldn't get past the first page -- had to turn off the computer and go lie down to chill out) doesn't like a person of color being famous in japan...
    maybe bob should wear nothing but a pair of overalls and pull a plow for viewers like him to get on board
    i don't care for k1 either way, but i would like for more minorities in general to be able to represent on TV in ANY fashion!
    there's a whole big wide world out there, full of people of MANY races.
    the economy won't get better until we learn to treat each other better
    ttp://www.tcvb.or.jp/

I know I'm quoting a post 2 years old, but this was one of my favorite shows too. I never figured out the name, but it was absolutely hysterical watching 5'6" 120lb guys fight sumos for screwing up a counter.

I also like Docchi no Ryouri, a show with the title meaning "Wisdom of a monkey" or something to that effect, and almost anything with Downtown.
    Go Trojans! Fight On!

If anyone knows, is there some kind of comedy show with skit that runs every Friday night Japanese TV with the word 'golden' in it?
    K1

I jump to conclusions mad pierrot's Avatar

I don't care about most sports

But I find myself always watching Sumo. Aside from Sumo, the only other thing I regularly watch are k-1 fights and the news. I used to watch "Young Superman" but they cancelled it.

Japanese variety shows drive me nuts.

Tuesday/Wednesday nights about 11:30 on Channel 8/10 (in tokyo).
    Funny stuff

At home dad

Have I mentioned Sasuke? I think thats what its called... its this 'obstacle course' type contest show with 4 or 5 levels. Basically theres 100 big buff vert fit guys who go through the course, first level is timed. Run out of time or falloff and your out. Only about 15 make it to level 2. http://www.tbs.co.jp/g-muscle/corner/sasuke/index-j.htm (found something about it! )

Also Uchimura Purodusu (Produced)... omg that show... just leaves me in hysterics. Anything to do with o-furo is worth watching on that show

Back to my educational documentary on strippers

I'm Fabulous!
    I love the varieties too. My favourite is SmapxSmap (which I know I might catch some flak for). It never fails to crack me up.

Nah SmapxSmap is ok, but i prefer SmapBistro more. Man Shingo is one crazy guy

I'm Fabulous!
    Nah SmapxSmap is ok, but i prefer SmapBistro more. Man Shingo is one crazy guy

Wait. . .aren't SmapxSmap and BistroSmap the same show ?? And yeah, shingo is fabulous!

I enjoy watching the show on Sunday nights talking about all of the animals. Pretty good information. It is an hour long and shows all types of animals, and then quizzes the panel as to what is about to happen or what the animal will do next. My kids and I watch "One Piece" at 7:30, and then that show from 8 to 9. The only other things that I watch is K-1, Sumo, or Soccer.

Buddha, one reason Sapp became so big here, is his freakin' size!

I mean even in the K-1 ring he usually dwarfs the other fighters, just too bad that he is so slow! I have to admit that I bought into the whole Sapp vs. Akebono fight scene! I don't have anything against the guy, but he does get a little annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by CC1
    Buddha, one reason Sapp became so big here, is his freakin' size!

I mean even in the K-1 ring he usually dwarfs the other fighters, just too bad that he is so slow! I have to admit that I bought into the whole Sapp vs. Akebono fight scene! I don't have anything against the guy, but he does get a little annoying.

Yeah, I knew that but I figured his popularity would die down by now.

The only show that i watch is Japonese animation, like Naruto or Full Metal alchemist. Because i m portuguese, i dont have any japonese tv channel .

But I m a big fan of any Japonese Movie like Seven Samurai from the great master Akira Kurosawa.

p.s. It's my first post here. and i apolagize for my english. Arigato ! =D

No Japanese TV in London, unless you're rich and can afford the satellite subscription.
    When i'm in HK i watch Japanese dramas, variety shows, or anime.
    I Live In Your Toilet, Smells Bad In Here...

My Comic Strip Blog: http://www.kuso4649gaki.co.uk

Where I'm Supposed to Be kirei_na_me's Avatar
    I like watching the news for a different perspective. I like watching shows like NHK Special and Project X. I sometimes like watching TV Champion, and I like watching that show with Tsurube in it. That's about as far as it goes with me. Kids' shows like Inai Inai Baa and Okaasan to Issho are good if you want to learn a little Japanese.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Quote Originally Posted by kirei_na_me
    I like watching the news for a different perspective. I like watching shows like NHK Special and Project X. I sometimes like watching TV Champion, and I like watching that show with Tsurube in it. That's about as far as it goes with me. Kids' shows like Inai Inai Baa and Okaasan to Issho are good if you want to learn a little Japanese.
    TV Champion has some awesome programs sometimes...really depends on the competition. I saw the chocolate design ones and it rocked.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast