Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: promiscous youth and AIDS

Oh, btw, is it true that J-cops don't wear name tags?

@
    J-cops don't wear name tags?
    . Do they wear a serial number on thier shoulder or jacket ect? There should be away to identify an individual cop (I would like to think so anyway)
    Debs

I haven't seen any yet, and they get pissed when you demand to see some type of identification.
    crazy gonna crazy

lolol well I'd feel at home there then ooppps off the thread again,hehe

Took me a second but I get it now. At least with the cops they'd get pissed but at least cough up their information.

I think all cops are reluctant to give out information, and serial numbers ect on jackets are a great way of finding the cop if there is a reason to do so,I mean if they have got nasty or down right sarcastic, just memorise the number and place a complaint at the nearest station, but all cops should have some kind of ID on sight, be it a name tag or number, if not for our safety then for thier own, I'm sure its not a nice job, and I suppose somebody has to do it

Yeah, it has to be a ****** job. Everybody hates you.

I agree that since they are in a position of power that they should have their ID in sight.

Sorry to drag this thread back up, but i was just chatting with a japanese female friend about a statistic i just read in a Japanese magazine called Glitter:

nariko: if i was a guy, i affraid about HIV ahaha
    nariko: they need check
    sixshot8: seriously
    sixshot8: i just read that 1 in 10 japanese girls younger than 25 has an STD
    sixshot8: it's pretty crazy
    nariko: soory what is std
    nariko: sorry
    sixshot8: sexually transmitted disease
    nariko: oh ok
    sixshot8: like HIV, gonnorhea, syphilis
    nariko: specially young people in japan, they have relationships with many guys. so... no more yamatonadeshiko in japan. so you could know about it good
    sixshot8: what is yamatonadeshiko?
    nariko: many american guys misunderstand about japanese girls.
    nariko: not like a girl from philipin of taiwan
    sixshot8: yes i know
    nariko: or
    nariko: quite different now
    nariko: im so sorry for american guys
    nariko: ahaha
    sixshot8: it sucks
    nariko: so.... its very difficult to find yamatonadeshiko in japan
    sixshot8: but what is that?
    nariko: its very difficult to exprain. what do you think japanese girl? what are you expect tham?
    nariko: them\
    sixshot8: i will ask my friend to translate that
    sixshot8: no ... i know they are more "american" than american girls now hahaha
    nariko: yes they like imitate american women.
    sixshot8: but most american women are not like that
    nariko: and in korea, they imitate japanese
    sixshot8: well, some americans are
    nariko: yes i know, maybe they misunderstand
    sixshot8: but i havent run into this here, nearly as much as with japanese girls
    nariko: thailand or philipins girl is better
    nariko: japanese..... i dont want to recommend
    nariko: sorry im japanese but...
    sixshot8: yeah , i learned this the hard way

Now, the last thing I want to do is paint Japanese girls with a broad brush (I'll leave that to my Japanese friends). I have of course met exceptions to this rule. But this is a phenomenon that i've run into like a brick wall in the past.

Can anyone translate yamatonadeshiko?

Quote Originally Posted by cicatriz esp
    Can anyone translate yamatonadeshiko?
    Apparently, Yamato Nadeshiko (Perfect Woman) is the name of a Japanese "dorama" (TV series).

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    My girlfriend wouldnt want to have sex with me without a condom (keeps thinking of her cute replacement words for these things, nearly gets confused) so its amazing that between her time at highschool and now has changed so quickly...she's only 20 O_o.

I think the problem is many guys may think condoms numb the feeling, dull the sense down there, and then theres the problem of wipping a "jonny" out durring a pretty hot make-out session and the hassle of using it.

They need to teach girls to be more serious, to learn to say no without protection if she doesnt want it, and dudes need to be taught that condoms dont need to interfere with the feelgoods.

Secondly, this 5 sex buddies at a time thing is kinda creepy, i mean ive heard of people getting about but, when everyones sleeping with everyone else and its all casual and meaningless, its just inviting transmission of disease, not to mention teenage pregnancy (ive not really heard of this in japan, do japanese girls feel more easily capable of abortion without any emotional trouble?).

Japan has had issues with sexuality for a while though, ive never really understood the reason for violent rape like media and what-not, and in general, japan seems really big on erotic entertainment.

They should start showing movies of AIDS victims in schools, really send the message home to the japanese of what they can look forward to if these teenagers keep sleeping about, im sure in such a ussually comfy society of japan, this knida shock lessons will have some effect.

Scary stuff. I'll be sure to educate my son well on the dangers of unprotected sex, or even just sex, as some STDs can be transmitted through oral sex, or just through genital skin contact (a reason some prostitutes use a large plastic ring so there is no contact between the area surrounding the genitals). Google some pics on venereal warts, or syphilis. It'll make anyone more cautious methinks.

My wife told me (she is Japanese) that some HIV positive people start sleeping around as much as possible, cause they don't want to die alone.

Yamato Nadeshiko is a TV drama (one that had me cringing after ten minutes), wherein the heroine of the story has the attitude of a traditional ideal woman. YNs were what most Japanese woman tried to be a long time ago. In the west, we still have an image of a submissive Japanese woman, who pours sake, and is ever cheerful. That is a YN.

No wonder AIDS is a huge problem here when I first visited Japan in about '91 Japanese politicians were saying that Japanese can't get AIDS. How's that for total ignorance.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    Sad thing is it isnt the worse thing japanese leaders have told their people in ignorance.

The japanese are superior and the emperor is a god for one.

Heh, but yeah, AIDS is something to be tackled, hopefully the japanese will take it seriously.

Japanese Modernist Hyde_is_my_anti-drug's Avatar
    The sad thing is that a lot of teens just think condoms prevent pregnancy so girls think if they're on the pill then there's no reason to use a condom. Which is of course a big load of BS. And it's not as if guys are gonna tell 'em different.
    Most teens, actually most PEOPLE, don't realize how easy it is to get an STD and to spread them as well. Like in my friend's Health Class all they said about a condom was that it prevented pregnancy, not a word about STDs.
    It also doesn't help that teens by nature are not the most responsible of creatures on our planet. Therefor 'causing the 'sleep around' problem. I, frankly, don't see how or why they think sleeping around is a good idea. I know I couldn't do it. I can't even serial date. It just feels odd and unnatural to me. But I know a lot of young people do it and therefor STDs are spreading like wild fire. If you have an STD but don't sleep around and are smart enough to get testing and so know about it then a big part of this problem would go away. But again teens are not so great at using their brains for this kinda stuff it's all raging emotions. And also to get tested they'd have to tell their parents that they've not only been having sex but have good reason to think they might be sick (and NO teen wants to have that convo with dear mommy and daddy). That's ANOTHER problem! Most Hospitals and clinics won't even give you an STD test if you don't think you're sick. A lot of STDs don't have obvious signs and so people wouldn't even know. Also HIV and STD tests cost money and inserence won't cover it unless, again, you have reason to think you're sick. NO WONDER STDs are flying around all over the place. Most people who have them don't even know and so therefor won't go get tested because of the money issue or they're just stupid enough to think it couldn't happen to them.
    So you take ignorence put it together with carelessness and you get this mess. I have friends who know girls at their schools who aren't even SIXTEEN yet but have already had multiple abortions. That is not cool AT ALL. Teens need to be educated better and hopefully through knowing get smarter.
    You say "Haido fangirl" like it's a bad thing.

its kinda scary thing... me being a young miltary man in japan.. and the kind of guy i am.. some of my supervisors keep telling me about a troop they had before who was much like me and ended up geting AIDS from some girl in Tokyo.
    => picturetokyo.com
    => picturetokyo.com/gallery
    Courage
    *Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down.
    *Is often lack of insight, whereas cowardice in many cases is based on good information.

A link to a somewhat frightening article. People infected with another STD such as chlamydia (very common and commonly without symptoms) are two to five times more likely to contract HIV from an infected person. Couple that with the young Japanese attitudes and ignorance to sex, and it paints an extremely scary picture.

here's another article about the aids problem that Japan is not really tackling at the moment.

While the rest of the world may be well aware of the crisis being faced because of the explosive spread of AIDS, the same can't be said for Japan, where the relaxed attitude to the scourge causes me concern.

When an announcement came at the end of 2004 that the number of AIDS patients and HIV carriers in Japan had topped 10,000 there was a terrible hullabaloo. By April 28, 2006, the number of patients had risen to 11,251, according to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. In Tokyo alone, for example, there were a record 417 patients. AIDS is increasing in Tokyo at a rate of more than one case a day. I often wonder if I'm the only person who realizes what dangers we're facing. These figures aren't some sort of estimate -- they're the real thing. And in Japan, where the public is not supportive toward AIDS testing, it's not hard to imagine that there are many people who aren't even aware that they have been infected. If people aren't taking precautions, the disease could be spreading.

Based on a report by the Japanese Society for AIDS Research, Komagome Hospital, probably an institution at the forefront of Japan's fight against AIDS, found out that only 9.3 percent of HIV carriers learned from a public health facility or AIDS testing organization they had contracted the disease compared to the 75 percent who first learned through a medical facility. What this means is that many people have no idea they've contracted HIV until it develops into full-blown AIDS. It is said the AIDS virus is dormant for anywhere from a few years to about a decade; but without testing, people are missing out on the chance of early detection.

You can read the rest here.
    pa Republic of Taiwan.
    Freedom for Taiwan.

Veni, vidi... vicodin? GodEmperorLeto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant
    Yamato Nadeshiko is a TV drama (one that had me cringing after ten minutes), wherein the heroine of the story has the attitude of a traditional ideal woman. YNs were what most Japanese woman tried to be a long time ago. In the west, we still have an image of a submissive Japanese woman, who pours sake, and is ever cheerful.
    Actually, plenty of young American guys have a much different (but equally skewed) picture of modern Japanese women. Anyway, I find submissive women to be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by nurizeko
    The japanese are superior and the emperor is a god for one.
    Tell that to Mishima Yukio.

My girlfriend wouldnt want to have sex with me without a condom (keeps thinking of her cute replacement words for these things, nearly gets confused)
    Rubber, jimmy-hat, raincoat, cocksock, Coney Island flat fish, wiener hood...

Quote Originally Posted by moyashi
    hmmm, attempted murder would be good but the cops wouldn't prosecute since their too busy slurping their ramen ;)
    Ramen instead of donuts? Only in Japan, folks!

re:HIV/AIDS
    I've actually heard instances of AIDS are rare in Japan, but other (curable) STDs are very common, amongst everyone. As for education, in the U.S., we have all sorts of STD-prevention information pounded into our brains from age 12 onward. Still, plenty of kids fail to take safety precautions on a common enough basis.

Heart

Great article. I wouldn't doudt it and if there was no risk for disease I wouldn't go to Japan because I can't imagine how crazy that (Japan) would be. Like if Japan is already this sexually charged --- then like, without risk of disease? People's heads would be exploding! (No pun intended.)
    Not to sound crude but I say bring on the crabs and everything, it'll knock the infected out of circulation and as a result it will make my job as a videographer that much more worry-free.
    Josh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12