Quote Originally Posted by Grimmo
By proto-caucasoid, there has to be one of the three conditions satisfied:
1) Ancestral to the modern caucasoid and mongoloid in central asia
Proto-caucasoid as I understand it would mean the population from which the caucasoids evolved. Any evidence that the Ainu actually are direct descendents of that population?

2) Split from both population 30-50k years ago
Do you mean that Ainu were actually predecessors of both caucasoid & mongoloid races? That would mean that they were proto-caucasoid/mongoloid.

3) Facial features common to other known proto-caucasoids (either north american or Australian Aborigine)
Aborigenes are proto-caucasoid, too? Amerindians, as well? Caucasoid ancestry must be very heterogenous, then.

2) This is rather lengthy to show, and still disputed widely. Possibly, another one whole page of this thread. Should I do it? Bossel?
If you think that anyone would read it. I suppose, a link to some peer-reviewed articles would suffice.

Jomon's morphology is the closest to Australian Aborigine. Ainu and Eskimo forms another cluster in comparison with other population,
Morphology, hmm? Not very convincing, esp. since Ainu are said to be derived from Jomon. Skulls give hints, but not more, IMO.