Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What's the origin of the Japanese people ?

And after centuries of animosity, Koreans and Japanese emigrants who toiled to relocate around the world in countries spread over 4 million sq miles each, decide to set up shop no more than 5 miles of each other. As shown by Japantowns and Koreatowns in San Francisco, Sydney, Brazil and many other cities, it's clear that we can't live without each other. Biggie And Tupac, the Workers Party Sinn Fein vs the Provisional Sin Fein, the Yanks vs Sox: Just another feud in the bucket of Freud's "Narcissism of the minute" (der Narzißmus der kleinen Differenzen) "the phenomenon where adjacent territories, with more in common than not, engage in constant feuds, i.e. in the minute differences of details). Most likely however, whether Korean or Japanese, one of their ancestors bred with the enemy.
    Koreans residing on one of hundreds of micro islands around the peninsula, speak a dialect almost indistinguishable from Japanese called Zainichi.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2615218/

Now I can't remember who was it, maybe there were more because this has been years ago some people in here try to say that Japanese were Koreans. And they are North East Asian stock, where as Chinese are related to Vietnamese ( well, ancient Vietnam was under Chinese control) I won't be too surprised if there are links in blood, but apparently according to this study Koreans have 83% South East Asian Origins.

I found one:
    Quote Originally Posted by allq View Post
    ^^^It's quite pathetic that you post pics of actresses to prove your idiotic case. Also, aren't you the one who provided that phony link hanbooks.com for your flimsy case that Koreans originate from China? Please do not waste bandwith with your fake and misleading posts to spread your sinocentric propanda which proves nothing.

Also, every researcher knows that you need DNA to prove for any case concerning origins. DNA studies all confirm that Korean and Chinese have different origins and Koreans are NOT related to Chinese.

There is solid DNA evidence that Chinese have origins in SE asia. Also, many Chinese I've seen do look amazingly like Vietnamese. I can't tell them apart most of the time. In fact, Chinese and Vietnamese and Thai languages sound extremely similar, all being tonal languages. Thai language supposedly originated in China.
    We may have link with South East Asians because we are all over the place in South East Asia, and Chinese men who intermarry South East Asian women are common, but according to this research Koreans have high percentage of South East Asian origins!

Another one:
    Quote Originally Posted by caster51 View Post
    And another:
    You actually have ZERO knowledge of genetics as proven by your posts. Are you like 14? Japanese most certainly do not have European or Middle Eastern roots. Maybe they WISH to have those roots--but all you have to walk around the streets of Tokyo to notice that Japanese look and are 100% asian.

As to Japanese having Ainu roots, maybe like 5%; they certainly do not comprise a significant portion of the population and their contribution to the Japanese gene pool is certainly overplayed by the Japanese to obscure the "asianess" of their background to tie them in somehow with European. Their contribution to the culture and genepool of Japan is minimal at best. And even any caucasian would laugh at the notion that Japanese are somehow a hebrew tribe like the 12 tribes of Israel or some such nonsense.

Japanese are genetically a mix of Korean, Malay/Polynesian and Ainu.

Many Japanese however like to obscure their background by coming up with ridiculous unsupportable theory such as they have austronesian roots or their ancestors are from South America or some such nonsense, anything but to admit the most plainly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    From what I read, the only Ainu still living in Japan are restricted to Hokkaido. They used to occupy all the north of Japan (Tohoku) till a few centuries ago, then were pushed to Hokkaido (but maybe in the Edo period, not Jomon or Yayoi). People from Okinawa don't look Ainu at all. Their language is related to some native languages of Taiwan (i.e. not Mandarin Chinese), not to the Ainu language, nor Japanese. Besides, it would suprise me that Ainu would have ventured at sea to reach small islands hundreds of km off the coast of Kyushu which they might not have known of. From what I've read, Japanese already lived in Western Japan in Jomon and Ainu in the North-East. Not sure when Japanese arrived in Japan (and from where ? probably Korea, but they also seem to be related to Indonesians ?).
    The Japanese originated from Korea. This is borne by western research studies on genetics, cultural and linguistics which all agree on the Korean origination hypothesis, although Japanese and Chinese researchers themselves have a personal bias and hidden agenda and would rather obscure this tie with Korea. But the relationship is obvious first from the similarity of the language---as someone pointed out earlier, Korean sounds like another dialect of Japnese---to even anyone who is unfamiliar with any studies. Here are some more facts: 1) The first horses that appeared on Japanese islands came from Korea 2000 years ago. 2) Korea and Japanese grammar is nearly identical. 3) Kyushu which is closest to the Southern tip of Korea is hypothesized as the place as where Japanese cultural bloom began because it is the area in which you will find the oldest and culturally significant early Japanese artifacts. As mentioned, Kyushu is closest to the Southern tip of Korean. The early Japanese artifacts unearthed are identical to artifacts unearthed in the area of Southern Korea in the same time period

I would recommend the book Korean Impact on Japanese Culture: Japan's Hidden History by Jon Covell and Alan Covell for those interested in this topic.
    Also, with regard to Southern Chinese contributing to Yayoi. I doubt that. Both Koreans and Japanese do not share DNA with Southern Chinese. In fact, Japanese and Southern Chinese DNA differ extremely. Hence, there is no genetic evidence and the exact opposite can be inferred: Southern Chinese had little contribution to the peopling of Japan, if any. I will link the genetic study on this upon request.
    https://heritageofjapan.wordpress.co...-the-japanese/

According to this study, 'surprisingly, Japanese also display the highest frequency of haplogroup O3a5, which is a Han Chinese and Sino-Tibetan specific O3 branch."

This frequency is about 5% higher than the frequency of O3a5 among Manchus, Koreans and other Northeast Asians.

The study concludes with the following statement" in a nutshell, what we can evince and conclude from all the DNA data that has been presented is that the Japanese people are a people with mixed diverse origins, formed from many waves of migrations from various locations in the remote past as well as in the more recent past.'

Quote Originally Posted by konnyaku View Post
    ...or is there something else that hinders her power of discernment?

I'm a white American guy, and even I can tell Japanese people apart from other Asians. To put it bluntly, most Japanese persons look like the hybrid offspring of a pair consisting of an East Asian and a southern European (Greek or Jew?). That's not to say that the Japanese are closely related to any extant European population; in fact, I am almost certain that they are very distant from each other in terms of line of descent. The fact remains, however, that morphologically at least, Japanese people have a relatively high incidence of certain physical traits that are extremely rare among other East Asian populations. I think this is likely to be due to "shared retention" by the ancestors of the Europeans and the Japanese aborigines of a certain suite of physical traits that was typical of the original Eurasians, while the ancestors of continental East Asians underwent several severe changes to their skeletal (and especially facial) morphology during their most recent stage of evolution. This scenario seems to be supported by the fact that ancient skeletons of modern humans found anywhere in Eurasia, and even the oldest human skeletons found in the Americas, all appear to possess rather Caucasoid morphology, and skeletons that exhibit the prototypical features of the Mongoloid race appear only later in the archaeological record.

I rarely have any difficulty distinguishing Japanese from Chinese or Koreans, but the continentals can be a troublesome bunch.

The unusual features of the Japanese that set them apart clearly in most cases from any of the continental East Asians are:

1) Japanese tend to have a more pronounced facial topography (i.e., a rather "bumpy" or "projecting" look to the face, such as around the eyebrows, rather than the smooth and flat contours of Chinese or Koreans)

2) Japanese tend to have a more perceptually salient nose. This can be either more salient in simply the degree of projection from the surface of the face, or more salient in terms of the total volume of the nose (i.e., including the width). In general, Japanese seem to exhibit a much greater variety of nose sizes and shapes than do continental East Asians, and I have met many Japanese who even have "bumpy" noses with several bulges and constrictions in the contour of the nose, as I have otherwise only observed in Europeans. Chinese and Koreans appear to have only smooth-contoured noses, regardless of whether they are flat and broad (as is common in southern Chinese, Vietnamese, etc.) or narrow and slightly projecting. This feature is particularly relevant for distinguishing Japanese men from Chinese or Korean men, because women of every nationality tend to be rather paedomorphic when it comes to their noses.

3) Japanese people tend to have a diminutive lower facial region. They often have small jaws, which may be the direct cause of their propensity for having poor alignment of the teeth. Continental East Asians, on the other hand, seem to have huge jaws, flaring malars (cheekbones), and a generally large and imposing lower face when viewed from a Caucasian perspective.

4) Japanese people often have rather translucent skin, similar to that of Europeans, when they are not tanned. Therefore, Japanese people often have rosy cheeks and a generally healthy-looking complexion. When they do tan, they tend to take on a reddish-brown color. The Chinese and Koreans, on the other hand, are almost all cream- or beige-colored ("pasty") from the start, and they have completely opaque skin, so that it is impossible for them to have rosy cheeks and they always look sort of sickly unless they are tanned, in which case they take on a yellow-brown color.

As for distinguishing Chinese and Koreans by sight, I think it is quite difficult, but not impossible. They both have a propensity for big faces with a smoothly rounded outline, but Koreans tend to be more extreme in the width of their faces, so that they often have a nearly circular look, whereas Chinese tend to have more elliptical faces when viewed directly from the front. Chinese also more frequently have double eyelids and larger eyes that seem to bulge out of their (flat) sockets. Korean people tend to have very small eyes and no eyelid creases. Among East Asians, Chinese people also have a peculiar tendency towards prognathism, so that they often have bulging mouths that look somewhat reminiscent of black Africans. The big, bulgy eyes and mouth that appear so frequently among Chinese people seem to me to suggest some sort of affinity with populations of Southeast Asia. Also, I'm not totally sure about this, but I have a hunch that Koreans more frequently have a sort of oily shine to their skin, whereas Chinese people's skin tends to be more dull and dry-looking.
    ALL people suffer from poor eye sight according to your 'expert definitions' of what Chinese and Japanese supposed to look like, years later, until today I still get people thinking I am either Japanese or Korean and were shocked when I told them that I am Chinese. Take it from me, people can't tell the difference between the different Asian ethnics, except Indians vs a Chinese or Indians vs a Japanese, that they can tell. I think they failed to tell the difference between the East Asians, and that is that!!!

If there is anyone who is caucasian-like in appearance, it's probably Koreans bcause of all the asian ethnicities they probably the ones who can compete with caucasians in terms of height and build and not look misplaced. This is probably one of the reasons everyone is so fascinated with Korean dramas accross asia. People are probably not used to that kind of appearance. Moreover, many Koreans confuse themselves to be Mongolian because they believe that they look similar--and I find some of my Mongolian friends don't dispute this fact. Yet, I doubt any Korean would seriously suggest that they are part-caucasian or the like.
    I am seriously laughing out loud here, there are plenty of Chinese people from the north even taller than Koreans. I would never trust the appearance of celebrities, plastic surgeries for crying out loud here, you want to see what Koreans really look like take a good look at north Korea.

North Korea 165.6 cm (5 ft 5 in) 154.9 cm (5 ft 1 in) 20-39
    South Korea 170.7 cm (5 ft 7 in) 157.4 cm (5 ft 2 in) 20+

China, People's Republic of 167.1 cm (5 ft 6 in) 155.8 cm (5 ft 1 1/2 in) 18
    China, Mainland 172.1 cm (5 ft 8 in) 160.1 cm (5 ft 3 in) 19
    China, People's Republic of-Urban 170.2 cm (5 ft 7 in) 158.6 cm (5 ft 2 1/2 in) 17
    China, People's Republic of-Rural 166.3 cm (5 ft 5 1/2 in) 157.0 cm (5 ft 2 in) 17
    China, People's Republic of-Beijing 174.7 cm (5 ft 9 in) 161.3 cm (5 ft 3 1/2 in) 21
    China, People's Republic of-Sichuan 169.2 cm (5 ft 6 1/2 in) 158.2 cm (5 ft 2 1/2 in) 20-24

Due to the fact that Southern Chinese are small, so the average got pulled down when it is the entire China we are talking about, but if we are just considering the northerners they are taller than Koreans. Interestingly for the urban area Chinese women are slightly taller than the S Koreans and the men are slightly shorter.

You think Koreans look like Caucasion compare to the other Asians?!!!!! Hahaha http://www.konbini.com/fr/entertainm...at-sud-coreen/

Take a good look at this video, no wait, you probably don't understand it because it is in French. Yes if you look so much like white people, why would the poor korean lad have experienced racism in his attempt for a singing competition in France!!!

In Australia, we have a Korean lady who won the singing competition, who received racism remarks from white Australian because she is not born in Australia and English is not her first language. http://www.yomyomf.com/korean-austra...-song-contest/

Yeah, Koreans look "so much" like white people, they get racism attack from real white people!!! Hahaha....
    Last edited by Minty; Jun 30, 2016 at 09:35.

https://genographic.nationalgeograph...e-populations/

This website says both Japanese and Chinese have North and South East Asian genetics.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314