Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What are your interests for Japan ?

Voters
846. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manga & Anime

487 57.57%
  • Video games

335 39.60%
  • Martial Arts

269 31.80%
  • Culture in general

602 71.16%
  • J-pop

330 39.01%
  • Japanese people (friendship or more)

596 70.45%
  • Japanese language

613 72.46%
  • Japanese food

477 56.38%
  • Traditional Japan (tea ceremony, geisha, kabuki, noh, ikebana, ...)

403 47.64%
  • Religion (shinto, buddhism, zen...)

196 23.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your interests for Japan ?

Like Anime? Avoid UK! kai_sethoris's Avatar

Talking Yeh i agree...

Yeh i agree the lot is great!

technolgy should be the greatest in japan for me

Right now, looking at the poll, it seems that their isn't a clear reason of interest for Japan. From how I see it, Japan is multi-dimensional, in that it has a little something for everybody.

WROOOOM! love it how this went offtopic in such stylish manner as cars and castles!
    ^_^

i say mailny culture and people though i like most of the other stuff aswell ^_^

- new guy
    –é˜IŽ€‹ê!

www.orz.eu
    I find affence at your post as I ware eyeglass and have lmited site.
    Sankyuu~!
    http://japan.orz.eu - A site for my trip to Japan.

The wandering poster... Samurai Sicari's Avatar
    Mostly: Manga, anime, martial arts, video games and the culture in general.

Wink

undefinedundefinedlanguage,manga,anime,and yukata (culture) !

Past the second star to the left and straight on 'til morning
    The culture!!!! And I hope to spread my spanish love in Japan...if you know what I mean ^_~ ha ha ha
    if strawberries were people....
    I'd still eat them.

Japan always interested me. I like particularly that humans am so polite contrary to German .I like the japanese food very much .

Quote Originally Posted by silver angel
    The culture!!!! And I hope to spread my spanish love in Japan...if you know what I mean ^_~ ha ha ha
    You can start here in LA, if you know what I mean.

You're a girl, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ines
    Japan always interested me. I like particularly that humans am so polite contrary to German.
    Exactly why many Japanese I know are so attracted to German culture -- because you don't have to be so polite all the time.

I like the fact that the japanese people seem to be able to be so polite and that they keep everything so clean. Ever since I came back from a two week trip to Japan the filth around me disgusts me!

To stay ontopic... I love the language. It sounds so friendly and the complexity is intruiging.
    Japan's culture is interesting too. I think it's a typical island-country history.
    And the relegion (combination Buddhism and Shinto) is still something I don't really understand...

I like their TV mystery dramas.

Most have very intriguing storylines without any gratuitous sex or violence like on U.S. TV. Also good theme musics

Where I'm Supposed to Be kirei_na_me's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth
    Exactly why many Japanese I know are so attracted to German culture -- because you don't have to be so polite all the time.
    Yep. I think a lot of them appreciate that in other countries. Pressure is off.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

You SPAM/We BAN !

Having A Rather Strong Fetish For...

LONG, SILKY, STRIGHT BLACK HAIR & JAPANESE WOMEN; I probably would have to go to the small towns now to see it!

Frank
    TAKE WHAT I SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SUGAR !!
    I USED TO BE FUNNY, BUT MY WIFE HAD ME NEUTERED!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D. White
    LONG, SILKY, STRIGHT BLACK HAIR & JAPANESE WOMEN; I probably would have to go to the small towns now to see it!

Frank
    Women with black hair in Japan? Are you kidding?

Only grade school age girls have black hair.

This hair-dying business in Japan is so sad and shameful.

I once read abook by Den Fujita, the founder of McDonald's Japan. It was written in Japanese--"Yudaya no Shouhou." He claimed if the Japanese ate a Western diet of meat and bread for the ext few thousand years, the Japanese will become blond and blue-eyed like white people. At that point
    I decided this man was a fool. If he's still alive and kickin', I bet he has dyed blond hair . . . at the age of about 90.

It's a good thing they're not interested in French culture. One thing to not be polite all the time, but to be rude all the time . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Golgo_13
    Women with black hair in Japan? Are you kidding?

Only grade school age girls have black hair.

This hair-dying business in Japan is so sad and shameful.
    I recently tried to explain to someone why, from what I'd read, Western men would be attracted to Touhoku women in particular -- streaming, luxuriant black locks, slightly paler skin and more rounded eyes, short legs so fitting to yukatas and kimonos -- and all she could manage was shock at how out of date my stereotypes were.....

一般的に東北に限らず田舎に行くと都会の人より背が低いの正しいと思います。食生活の違いか生活様式の違い かわかりませんがこれも最近ほとんど違いがなくなっていると思います。髪の毛の色は今は毛染めがはやってい るので地方でも黒髪の人は前に比べて少なくなっています。ただ昔から「東北美人」と言う表現があって確かに 東北に女性は色が白く日本的な美人が多いと言われています。色が白いのは気候のせいでしょう。

Quote Originally Posted by kirei_na_me
    Yep. I think a lot of them appreciate that in other countries. Pressure is off.
    Probably a prime reason they have one of the highest rates of students studying abroad of any country in the world, not to mention the Japanese addiction to world wide packaged tour travel. I'd never really thought of it in those terms before.

I recently tried to explain to someone why, from what I'd read, Western men would be attracted to Touhoku women in particular -- streaming, luxuriant black locks, slightly paler skin and more rounded eyes, short legs so fitting to yukatas and kimonos -- and all she could manage was shock at how out of date my stereotypes were.....

一般的に東北に限らず田舎に行くと都会の人より背が低いの正しいと思います。食生活の違いか生活様式の違い かわかりませんがこれも最近ほとんど違いがなくなっていると思います。髪の毛の色は今は毛染めがはやってい るので地方でも黒髪の人は前に比べて少なくなっています。ただ昔から「東北美人」と言う表現があって確かに 東北に女性は色が白く日本的な美人が多いと言われています。色が白いのは気候のせいでしょう。
    I agree about the climate.

Also, because as you go further north, you find more people with traces of Ainu blood. The Ainus had facial features that more resembled those of caucasoids. My paternal grandfather was from Aomori, and I once showed an old B&W pix of him to a friend and he said "Hey, your grandfather looks Jewish!"

There are 2 basic facial types in Japan: Joumon-kei and Yayoi-kei. Joumon-type is characterized by rounder, deeper-set eyes and narrower, higher noses, from the Ainu and aboriginal influences.

Yayoi-type is the rounder, flatter faces with the thinner eyes, more typical of Koreans and Mongolians, no doubt influenced by the migrants from the Asian continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Golgo_13
    I agree about the climate.

Also, because as you go further north, you find more people with traces of Ainu blood. The Ainus had facial features that more resembled those of caucasoids. My paternal grandfather was from Aomori, and I once showed an old B&W pix of him to a friend and he said "Hey, your grandfather looks Jewish!"
    That was my first reaction to pictures of them as well. That and Christ's so called crucifixion in Japan.

There are 2 basic facial types in Japan: Joumon-kei and Yayoi-kei. Joumon-type is characterized by rounder, deeper-set eyes and narrower, higher noses, from the Ainu and aboriginal influences.

Yayoi-type is the rounder, flatter faces with the thinner eyes, more typical of Koreans and Mongolians, no doubt influenced by the migrants from the Asian continent.
    Although by now most Japanese seem to be largely a hybrid of these two strains. The historically older, Ainu-like high foreheads & noses, pronounced cheekbones, with skulls larger proportionally to overall body size than you find in Chinese combined with rounder faces and thinner eyes. Just not as straight as Chinese, and without that fold of skin under their eyes (?).

That was my first reaction to pictures of them as well. That and Christ's so called crucifixion in Japan.
    According to legend, Christ wasn't crucified in Japan, but died there peacefully at the age of 106.

More info: Herai thread

i like the culture,people, and the country.

I like the people the most. How polite and quiet some of them are i can relate with very much.

I like the whole culture and the people too, espacially the girls....they seem much more nicer then those Biatches here in Belgium....one of my main reasons I want to go live in JP... I don't want to spend my whole live living in this shithole :s...
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

Hum...I'd say animes, mangas, video games, the people and especially the food...
    One of the most adventurous things left for us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams....

Movies like Shogun are what got me really interested in Japan. I think I was around 13 or 14 when they re-ran the TV series.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast