Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What are your interests for Japan ?

Voters
846. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manga & Anime

487 57.57%
  • Video games

335 39.60%
  • Martial Arts

269 31.80%
  • Culture in general

602 71.16%
  • J-pop

330 39.01%
  • Japanese people (friendship or more)

596 70.45%
  • Japanese language

613 72.46%
  • Japanese food

477 56.38%
  • Traditional Japan (tea ceremony, geisha, kabuki, noh, ikebana, ...)

403 47.64%
  • Religion (shinto, buddhism, zen...)

196 23.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your interests for Japan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Wang
    And when I lived in Iowa, I always got the best grades and schooling.
    I'm a graduate of Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa.

Awesome! I remember playing Grinnell in soccer when I was in High School, and my best friend broke his leg on our senior year against them. Of course this has nothing to do with the college there, but I came from Winterset, which is about 30 min. south of Des Moines. Ah, good times. And we won that game too! So, what year did you graduate and hopefully you partied?

I went to Iowa State University, and had a great time there. I've always loved Iowa, but yet I like to travel the world.

Small world after all!
    Like I said, yeah yeah, you really are fit but my gosh don't you just know it? ~ Fit But You Know It/ Mike Skinner aka 'The Streets'

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Wang
    Awesome! I remember playing Grinnell in soccer when I was in High School, and my best friend broke his leg on our senior year against them. Of course this has nothing to do with the college there, but I came from Winterset, which is about 30 min. south of Des Moines. Ah, good times. And we won that game too! So, what year did you graduate and hopefully you partied?

I went to Iowa State University, and had a great time there. I've always loved Iowa, but yet I like to travel the world.

Small world after all!

There was no partying at Grinnell College. I hardly ever studied in high school and got all A's but at Grinnell I struggled to get B's and C's. It was a tough school. I graduated in '83. LOL! Yes, I'm old. . . . A teammate of mine from high school track team went to Iowa State in Ames for the veterinary science program so I went and visited him there once. Even worked out in the college weight room before hitting the bars.

If you lived close to Des Moines, which mall did you go to the most?

Merle Hay, Valley West, or South Ridge? LOL!

hey

i love everything!

I like allthing in that list...And Someday I will visit in Japan And I hope that I get emailing friend from Japan....But anyway...

Manga & Anime, Video games, Traditional Japan, Martial Arts, but most of all Zen.

I just want to go out to the quieter areas of japan and try to get away from everything here in america

I have to say that I love all from Japan, all. The first thing I knew was the manga and anime but after that I have been knowing more and more things about that great country. The music, culture, the people, the beautiful places,....
    I hope someday I will go there
    I was unfulfilled by the constantly overflowing passions
    If only just for a little while... I want to return to human form
    ... just for you.

You can visit my lj, my DA, my Flickr or my myspace!!!!

i love everything to do with japan

I like japan cause their so many new things that i acn do their and not where i am now.

Mr. Just-A-Guy
    Manga & Anime, Video games, Culture in general, J-pop, Japanese people, Japanese language, Japanese food and Traditional Japan (tea ceremony, geisha, kabuki, noh, ikebana, ...).

Isn´t that perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by Golgo_13
    There was no partying at Grinnell College. I hardly ever studied in high school and got all A's but at Grinnell I struggled to get B's and C's. It was a tough school. I graduated in '83. LOL! Yes, I'm old. . . . A teammate of mine from high school track team went to Iowa State in Ames for the veterinary science program so I went and visited him there once. Even worked out in the college weight room before hitting the bars.

If you lived close to Des Moines, which mall did you go to the most?

Merle Hay, Valley West, or South Ridge? LOL!
    Sorry I haven't replied in awhile, but yeah I used to go to Valley West because it was closest, and South Ridge for the Carmike Cinema. Did you know that they have a new mall that is going to be in Des Moines? It will have over 70 stores, hotels, large sit-down restauraunts, and a Century Cineplex with 20 theatres! IT'S ENORMOUS! Which did you go to?

I love Japan for the amount of effort Japanese put into the things they do...and going into great details to make it right..

The beautiful bento at train stations, flower arrangment, home improvement ideas, the much work going inside the kitchen just to provide a simple bowl of soba.. and the country side life..

simply awesome country (but i didn't like crowded tokyo...)
    The China Travel and Photography Forum
    www.MyChinaTrips.com

I agree with you. They do put a lot of effort in doing things. Sometimes it gets annoying like putting out the futon or cooking. Simplicity is not always the best policy but I do appreciate the effort.

I also wanted to add that i love sumo.
    shoganai ne

The Funky Homosapien. King of Tokyo's Avatar
    I checked everything but religion.. not like I am anti-japanese religion.. but I really at this point haven't really learned anything nor felt like learning anything about japanese religion..

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Touch
    I checked everything but religion.. not like I am anti-japanese religion.. but I really at this point haven't really learned anything nor felt like learning anything about japanese religion..
    Most Japanese consider themselves secular.
    Religion, in the western sense, is not a big part of their lives.

Anime,Culture,People,Food, yeah alot....I will travel there soon (hehe, 2 years), so I will see how it is^^

what is that pic called and i am very into japan i want to know a lot about japan?

Castle discussion

There are HUNDREDS of castles in the UK...also probably the most famous castle in the world...Windsor Castle

Most famous? On this site it says Neuschwanstein is the most famous. I don't know which is, but Neuschwanstein surely looks better.

i had never heard of neushwanstein before O_o windsor i have heard of tones of times...

what about camelot XD
    –é˜IŽ€‹ê!

www.orz.eu
    I find affence at your post as I ware eyeglass and have lmited site.
    Sankyuu~!
    http://japan.orz.eu - A site for my trip to Japan.

Hmm, in Japan Neuschwanstein seems to be very famous. Hordes of Japanese tourists invade the place every year.

But not to get too much off topic: I wonder if there is the same differentiation regarding castles in Japan as there is in Germany. English castle translates into German Burg or Schloss. A Burg has mainly defensive purposes, it's more of a bastion or fortress, but also a residence. A Schloss has more representative residential purposes almost without defences, more like a palace but not quite a palace.

When I looked at a German-Japanese dictionary I got 城 (じょう) for both Burg & Schloss. But for Schloss I also found 宮殿 (きゅうでん). Which doesn't help me much, since I cannot read Japanese.
    As it seems the latter represents more the meaning of palace. Looking at pictures (BTW, nice site) of Japanese castles, though, most of them look neither like a palace nor like a fortress, more like (well, "like"? the style is totally different) a German Schloss built on the remains of a Burg. Lots of stones at the basis, but rarely with defensive installations (e.g. embrasures).

Dir en Grey, manga, anime oh and Diru boys and just japanese boys. deam hot they are.^^

I'm a People/Language boy.

I'm also from Iowa! I used to hang out at Valley West Mall! I used to live in West Des Moines! Rock on!

That R34 GTR is just awesome.
    Japan is just awesome, I did say before that i will be come a permanent resident
    in japan.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast