Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What are your interests for Japan ?

Voters
846. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manga & Anime

487 57.57%
  • Video games

335 39.60%
  • Martial Arts

269 31.80%
  • Culture in general

602 71.16%
  • J-pop

330 39.01%
  • Japanese people (friendship or more)

596 70.45%
  • Japanese language

613 72.46%
  • Japanese food

477 56.38%
  • Traditional Japan (tea ceremony, geisha, kabuki, noh, ikebana, ...)

403 47.64%
  • Religion (shinto, buddhism, zen...)

196 23.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your interests for Japan ?

I would not really do that. Before you can usually make an assumption, you should know the person first. I don't know Cities would really do that, and I for one, would not do that...It's all in a joking matter. Besides, I have my own house here.
    の軍のロッカー

Originally posted by Punk の軍のロッカー
    I would not really do that. Before you can usually make an assumption, you should know the person first. I don't know Cities would really do that, and I for one, would not do that...It's all in a joking matter. Besides, I have my own house here.
    Look at me like Rumplestilkskin, I say this, I say that, take a few first born babies but in the end i'm turning straw into gold while I pay the rising costs of internet hosting for the rest of the kingdom's viewing pleasure.

Peace to Asian Backpackers,

Josh

http://www.ghettocitiesclothing.com

I would love to experience Japanese life in Kyoto. If it turns out to meet my expectations, I'd even consider expatriating there myself. However, I cringe at the idea of selfishly indulging myself considering the population density in Japan. A home that I would take up there means potentially one home less for a native Japanese there. I would feel horrible whenever I pass a homeless person...

Past the second star to the left and straight on 'til morning
    I really just want to meet Japanese people. I respect them a lot so having a Japanese friend would be really cool.
    if strawberries were people....
    I'd still eat them.

I'm interested in japan for its rich culture, great food, music, kind people, video games, and very cute women! In other words, all of the choices on the poll.
    When you complain about the farmer try not to talk with your mouth full.

Being in Canada we dont have many asian woman around

and for me that is a problem because i personaly prefere them over the girls i have to choose from

nah that is only one reason lol

i am really into the whole drift racing scene

so i am curious to see that in person (initial D )

but the whole culture in general is wonderful, like nothing i have ever seen

and the language don't get me started- awsome (learning how to speak it curently)

but i would like to start that pen pal thing it sounds like fun

where do people usually go to find one ? ;)

Unless you want to be hirt I suggest you walk away now.
    (come join the Battles in the Anime Manga section)

Well I guess I'm mainly interested in Japan because I'm attracted to Japanese men but I'm also interested in the language and the culture seems pretty interesting too. Also, I enjoy listening to some Japanese songs sometimes and I did use to watch anime and I still like it.

Hey Swifty, what part of Canada do you live in?

Because where I live there are tons of asian women and asian men. Toronto is pretty culturally diverse. Most of the asians here though are Chinese I believe. There aren't a lot of Japanese. However, there are some. There was a Japanese guy in one of my classes last year.

I actually live Very close to Toronto (i work there)

but i live in ajax pickering area.

I visit Markham all the Time and the pacific Mall is one of my fav places

sushi + inital D + asian girls = one Very Happy Swifty

But they dont seem to be interested in Gaijin guys

they tend to stick to asian guys

ahh well i will keep trying and see what happens ^_^

Originally posted by Swifty
    I actually live Very close to Toronto (i work there)

but i live in ajax pickering area.

I visit Markham all the Time and the pacific Mall is one of my fav places

sushi + inital D + asian girls = one Very Happy Swifty

But they dont seem to be interested in Gaijin guys

they tend to stick to asian guys

ahh well i will keep trying and see what happens ^_^
    Yeah I know what you mean.

Almost all asians I see around here are with other asians.

It's like they don't even 'notice' anyone else. :/

I've seen about 2 couples where an asian was with a white person.

That's out of like....100s of couples I see though.

hum the japanes language (cause it's almost as lovely as french) and the work (cause the japanes are not as creative than french but they are more serious)

not for girl cause for me it's easy to find everywhere, and the japanese girl are ratherly ugly.....

Originally posted by zooglub
    ...and the japanese girl are ratherly ugly.....
    Hmm, well, I think I have to disagree.
    But, of course, this is personal taste.

i don't know if it can be called taste...
    ttp://www.tcvb.or.jp/

did you went to japan ?

taste

Well, I was not sure of the expression either, maybe "liking" is a better word. But since I'm not sure of the use of "liking", I preferred the one I knew (which I think, I had already seen in similar usage). In German it's all the same: Geschmack.

Zooglab:
    No, I never went to Japan, but I'm quite interested in East Asia, esp. China & Japan & have seen lots of documentaries et al.
    Furthermore, in my city live a great number of Japanese. I think, I'm competent enough to have an opinion.

I came here for reasons different than listed in your poll. I never had a huge desire to travel to Japan, but was offered a job over here. After doing a little research, I realized just how geographically special the place is. Where I work I am surrounded by mountains and ski areas very near by and I live right on the beach. So, I guess you could say that I chose to come over here for outdoor pursuits (surfing, skiing). However, the country has really grown on me. I love the culture and people watching plus the food is fantastic. I'm not too interested in the whole pop-culuture (anime, video games, j-pop, etc..) but more the historical culture and the religions practiced here. I'm not sure how much longer I'll stay. There are a lot of other places I'd like to travel and live also. Germany may be next. So far though, Japan has been great!

Co-owner: Jovesca Records EscaFlowne's Avatar
    Orgi. Born in Ceiba,Puerto Rico, now live in orlando,Fl
    *I could have sworn i posted in here. at least i did the poll!*

I came here for knowledge for one.
    Anime,
    love for japan
    games
    language
    And the #1 big bringer of.....me....drumroll people.....
    **~japanese girls~** ---just learned of this penpal thang. So I'm in HEaven!
    "An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind." ~ Buddha
    "I am clever because I know the cause of my ignorance..." ~ Bruce Lee

Cacawate Fan Club: President "Personal" Assitant

I love anime and manga, The people of japan, The language is beautiful, The video games and just the culture...

When I came to Japan I didn't have much interest in it per se, I was just coming for a job. But now, my main interest is Japanese history. It is so much more fascinating than Canadian history. The first book I read when I came to Japan was the Tale of the Heike, and since then I've been hooked. Its great to go around and visit ancient temples and castles, they are so fascinating when you hear the stories associated with them.

It kind of makes me sad that modern Japan's main cultural contributions to the world seem to be cartoons and video games. It has so much more to offer, but it just goes unappreciated, even in Japan.
    祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響� り。娑羅雙樹の花の 色、盛者必衰のことわりを� らはす。おごれる人も久し からず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろび ぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

stylish RnB lover, JAPAN IgotitallJp's Avatar

Wink

Shoot. Basically, I just like the atmosphere around Japan. When you're there it feels like you've left the planet and are living amongst a secret civilization or something. Not only is SOME of their food good, natto being excluded, the people are very friendly, young and old, the streets are clean and there is just so much to do, but their culture in general is so strong. Japan is in a lot of ways, like America. Almost every race in the world is walking somewhere in Japan. Japan has foods from all over the world, music is off the chain, it's for the most part safe to be out late night hours, their language is just so addictive. Once you learn it you'll have a big head and will find yourself speaking it around a group of english speaking friends. When my PCS date is up in a few years, I'm gonna put in a request to come back here for a couple more years. Oh yea, did I mention mixed babies are cute? Yea, I got a beautiful little girl.

Yeah, I love anything and everything about Japan and its culture. Everything is so organized and all.

And I have a question for Zooglub. Have you been to Japan? I really don't know what you are seeing if you don't think the Japanese women are attractive.
    Like I said, yeah yeah, you really are fit but my gosh don't you just know it? ~ Fit But You Know It/ Mike Skinner aka 'The Streets'

japanese pop culture...

i love everything modern about japan.. i love the japanes pop culture and how they are (the people) i wish i live in japan...

i like how people are so weird and freaky but at the same time so respectful too... i wanna live there... they're so high tech too...

Well i voted for Culture in general,Because i have always respected the way they view life and the way they would cary themsevles,always makeing sure everything the would do they would always work or cook to perfection,Its not only that but also about ther philosophys,music and other acts. I feel i wrote wrongly,or maybe its just i couldnt free my mind inot this post.
    May be next time.

The reasons why I'm into Japan is for everything about it. (Culture, Pop Culture, Music, Arts, Autos, Girls...etc etc) I always had a huge intrest over 日本 and mainly 東京。 I studied everything that I could on the subject and I had many many Japanese friends over the years. But the biggist reason why I went all out intreged about anything/everything Japanese is that I plan to move to 東京 (Tokyo) and become a 漫画家(Comicbook Artist)... I will follow my sensei's advice to me "get yourself a nice Japanese girlfriend" and thus I will.

Thumbs up

*Voted for Culture*

Well i have always enjoyed everything about japan the music and way of life,its such a fun enviroment and everyone is moslty nice so it is like a big good vibe,ther natural enviroments are very pretty you can feel the past and you just sit and relax.Well thats what i think./\later

Thinking back i guess i've pretty much always been interested in japan. I guess the language as a main thing as it seems like such a mystery and a million miles away from english. well, to me it seems like it. ;)

I've always for some reason had a 'need' too hunt out japanese versions of computer games even though i cant read what they say. The artwork and design of the covers and manuals always seems so much cooler than the european/us versions.

I got into anime and manga around the same time back when i was in secondary school. From that i always wanted to learn the language but always chickened out.

Now i've just gone for it and started looking up the alphabets and looking up some books.

I dont know, it just seems really neat.

Porl''

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast