Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What are your interests for Japan ?

Voters
846. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manga & Anime

487 57.57%
  • Video games

335 39.60%
  • Martial Arts

269 31.80%
  • Culture in general

602 71.16%
  • J-pop

330 39.01%
  • Japanese people (friendship or more)

596 70.45%
  • Japanese language

613 72.46%
  • Japanese food

477 56.38%
  • Traditional Japan (tea ceremony, geisha, kabuki, noh, ikebana, ...)

403 47.64%
  • Religion (shinto, buddhism, zen...)

196 23.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your interests for Japan ?

Kendoka/Iaidoka SkippyDaStudent85's Avatar
    I'm interested in the culture, the rock music, the anime, the manga, the food... aw, forget it, I'm into everything Japanese!

I'd say that in addition to the girls, I just generally love chilling there. Whether it's at a club, a spot where ppl are breaking, or a restaraunt, it's just the spot to be.

rahul bhatnagar
    hello friends,
    i am doing research in predicting earthquakes specially in japan for last 6 yrs.i have now developed a method in which i can predict earthquakes in japan in 70% cases.
    I AM THE ONLY PRESON WHO PREDICTED NIIGATA EARTHQUKE IN JAPAN.I SENT EMAIL TO DIFFERENT SIESMOLOGIST OF JAPAN ON 8TH OCT THAT A STRONG EARTHQUAKE WILL OCCUR IN JAPAN ON 21 OR 25 OF OCT 2004 OF 6.0 TO 7.0 ON RICHTER SCALE IN HONSHU ISLAND WHICH OCCURED ON 23 OCT 2004 OF 6.8 ON RICHTER.
    but no one believed me.I HAVE PROOF OF THOSE EMAILS SENT TO SEISMOLOGIST IF ANYONE WANT THOSE EMAIL DO EMAIL ME ON [email protected]

MY NEXT PREDICTION ON JAPAN IS THERE WILL BE A STRONG EARTHQUKE IN JAPAN ON 20 OR 22 MAY 2005 IN
    SOUTH WESTERN JAPAN OR EAST OF HONSHU 6.0 to 7.0 ON RICHTER SCALE

basically i'm a big softy furan's Avatar
    originally.... i think it was the whole idea of japan.... it was so far away, and completely diferent, and i hated the way things are over here (even at the age of 5)
    so... to begin with... it was maily the culture and history. i've read books about the geisha which covers a lot of the backgroud history as to how they came to be... and i love the sound of it... yes... japan isn't perfect, but no country is. at least they were brought up on the biggotist point of view that homosexuality is wrong, and forced into christianity...
    through my love for their culture, i got into their art and litrature, but my craving of cartoons spouted a huuuuuge obsession with anime, and later manga, which i now prefer a lot more to anime.
    then... actually through chinese music, i got into jrock... which i adore. i love the divercity of their lyrics... and the emotion that's clearly but into their music... and it's not bland like stupid american skate punk *coughgreenday,blink182cough*
    but i also got hevily into matial arts a good few years back, and i took up judo and karate... unfortunatly i moved and haven't been able to take them back up again, and instead took up kickboxing... *bleh*
    now i can't do either cos of school and exams and stuff *weaps* but i'm gunna take up jujitsu soon ^.^

lol very original, put the admins in the lord's room ^^
    Kupo!

Heimin
    i dont love japan.but i find it very interesting.it started out with their animes and stories and their ideas all brought me to abandon western culture..

Motocross, cars/drifting (much better then the ones imported to the US), the food, living on an island, all rolled into one country appeals to me. I could care less about what race my mate is.....as long as she won't try to kill me, wont even think about cheating on me, isnt six years older than me, & cant be a body builder or have the body of one :enter twitching: (*_*) I'll be a happy camper.
    I don't see an other catagorey-_-;
    モトクロス

I'm a Buddhist.. but that really isn't a reason for liking Japan. (bleh, though I voted for it since it was there)

Teh thing about Japan is I love the history.. teh architecture.. teh girls..

I love Japan and everything Japan! Yah!

i love japan for the following reasons;

The hot japanese women!!!!

The Manga

The anime

The culture

The videogames

The language

....so i voted for anime and manga

I love Japan cause~~ anime, gundam model, video game, language,
    AND~~ yeap~~ Japanese hot girl~

Non-Member
    Welcome to my first post!
    I don't know if saying that I like Japan is quite accurate or not, but this is where I "came of age" so to speak, so I really can't imagine living anywhere else right now. Japan, like any place, has a lot to like and a lot to dislike. I'll tell you one thing that I do like, though, are the convenience stores. They truly live up to their name! (^-^)

Conbinis! Those places are great for getting a cold one and just whiling away time looking at mags.

Currently, I've got a lot of interest in Buddhism, traditional Japanese culture, current Japanese culture, Japanese history, and the everyday people of Japan.

Actually, I checked all, as besides the ones I mentioned, I spend a little time in all of the above interests. I'm just a scattered person.

Quote Originally Posted by moyashi
    lolo,

My wife keeps saying I'll smash my car one day. The funny thing is that my last 4 accidents I was at no fault. Well, 1 I got hit with 10% since I was moving.

I'm a porche boy at heart but either a GTR or NSX would do me just fine too.

Is Michigan like LA? LA traffic is so bad that if someone got pulled over durinig the day it would create a 1 1/2 hour traffic jam. Looky Lou's.

Japan, is 50 most areas with 60 being a high defualt in rural areas. Highways are 80 or 100. With 120 a pretty regular clip. These are all KmH. Not mph.

@cars
    a used good condition GTR runs about US $ 20k. Imprezza a bit less at about $10k.

Also, somebody forgot to mention Mitsubishi's GTO and Nissan's Fairlady Z which is finally coming up with a model change.

Honda cars are not too popular so integra's and preludes are pretty rare. Yet, Honda is quite popular for wagon and van types.

This year, up in Sapporo at least, there is no particular fashion for cars. No slamming or aero-kits. This year is pretty boring. Last year the Estima type vans were very popular.

One of my buddies is a used car dealer who loves US looking Honda cars, ferio's and CRXs.

cheers
    I drive a Peugeot in Japan, but my wife has a Suzuki Cappuccino.

The main reason of my interest in Japan stems from my love of anime and manga. I first started watching anime when I was a little kid at the age of 5, then I had an extended isolation from it for a good number of years in my school days and now recently a few years back my love for anime is revitalised. But now I discovered more interesting things about it and not just about giant Japanese robots to when I was a kid.
    The more I watched, the more aspects of Japanese culture I discover. Now I'm fascinated by the culture that was built on the foundations of discipline, order and tradition yet at the same time Japan has a very forward looking society with many new innovations whether it be in the fields of technology, living standards or entertainment.

This is why I came to Japan !!!!!!!!!!!

Nice shot! Needs some PS work though, especially resizing, since most people don't have a 50 inch monitor.

Music is what really made me fallen in love with japan! but everything else in japan do intrest me a lot like the food and the people and the landscapes...etc.

My main interest is Anime, Manga and computer games, though from these few, I gained an interest in the rest of Japan and what it offers. My fave J-movie of recent is the Shinobi movie 'Red Shadow'

Everything but the religion and video games. While I do play games, just not much, and I'm not religious by any means, though I do enjoy learning about different religions.
    Join our new Japanese Learning Group! "195 members strong and growing!"
    http://quizlet.com/group.php?id=63

wao..nice pic up there ^^^

well, i wanna go to japan cause of my main interest in the mangas...never liked anime...

but that wasnt really my main motive. so i didn really wanted to go there

but one thing that i found out about japan from lots of manga's is the mount fuji...and when i saw the drawing i taught they tried to make it look nicer. then i stumbled upon a real pic of the mount..and it looked so nice!! really same to the drawing presented...

oh yeah, i also like the sakuras during the summer...they look really nice

and also i would like to see the temples, looks nice.

all option :P

Language,people,history,politics,art

1. Technology
    2. Cultures
    3. People's characteristics
    4. Sightseeings
    5. Entertainment (Animanga, Musics, Movies, Drama etc)
    6. Cleanness
    7. Arts
    8. Language
    9. Savety
    10. Systemize
    11. Transportation (Trains, cars etc)
    12. Food (including snacks and sweets)

こんにちは
    インドネシアのスラバヤに住んでいるの華僑のエリスと 申します
    ここで一緒に日本の色々な面白い事を相談会いましょう ね
    これから皆様どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします

I like Many Aspects of Japanese culture. One of the major things has got to be food, since I tend to eat a lot but remain the same. Sure, I'll admit to liking anime and manga as well. I'm studying Game design in College and was hoping to get a job in the country when I graduated. The language barrier might present a problem, but I have been trying to learn. I would like to be able to visit the country in the near future, But my current employment barely pays the tuition (I wish I was a Visa.. Then I could be anywhere I want to be..). I would olike to able to speak with someone in the country to kinda get a true, unclouded view of it. Don't hesitate to contact!

It's hard to explain, but Japan is a part if me.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast