Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What are your interests for Japan ?

Voters
846. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manga & Anime

487 57.57%
  • Video games

335 39.60%
  • Martial Arts

269 31.80%
  • Culture in general

602 71.16%
  • J-pop

330 39.01%
  • Japanese people (friendship or more)

596 70.45%
  • Japanese language

613 72.46%
  • Japanese food

477 56.38%
  • Traditional Japan (tea ceremony, geisha, kabuki, noh, ikebana, ...)

403 47.64%
  • Religion (shinto, buddhism, zen...)

196 23.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your interests for Japan ?

Quote Originally Posted by flores_e
    Hi my name is Emmanuel
    I'm new is this forum
    Welcome Emmunuel!!

Comfortably Ignorant Faustianideals's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flores_e
    Hi my name is Emmanuel
    I'm new is this forum
    There is a forum called Members Introduction, feel free to post in that forum..
    So flores what are your interests in Japan?

I started out with an anime, Voltes V way back when I was a kid. I took Japanese Language (2 courses) as part of my foreign language requirement in College. I also had a Japanese Foreign Relations course, thinking I could have enough units for a minor in Japanese Studies. Too bad, I still had to take Asian History and another elective. I am interested also in their philosophies, and how they achieve haromony in nature and in personal relations.
    Ni sen san / Ni sen go / Ni sen nana

My interest for Japan date back from my childhood with the I have my dream Japanese people are great the ones I consider friends, anyway...but then, my nepali friends are great too..I guess it's just friends that are great..
    Traditional japan is very beautiful. I like to watch them . I love the precision and beauty of cha no yu.When people I included Japanese women or Japanese girls in "Japanese people arer friendship or more". I didn't want to be sexist, as there are girls and women on the forum as well. Then I guess if you're interested in Japanese girls, it's not only for sex but also for their mentality and friendship too or Japanese mentality and people in general.

My interest for japan is the anime/manga of course, and then the food/people/culture, etc.

That's basically it. *shrugs*

I mean its very popular, japanese - the language I mean, and the same goes for the rest. :-P
    *~[Inuyasha x Kagome]~*

Rayc
    I like Japan since it is the Land of the Rising Sun and a country with soem much of old culture.

Of course, nowadays, they are more Americanised, but I like the old of culture ans the respect for elders and things like that.

I like Japan because I'm doing well here, I have a great family, and wonderful friends.

Tokyobo
    www.eol-japan.com

my all time favourites of what I like:
    historic and contemporary architecture (I haven't read that word in this thread)
    gardens
    food and tea(ceremony)
    people
    open mindedness to technical progress (compared to Germany)

I started to like Japan first through video games, then when I got a bit older I became very interested in some Anime such as Dragonball Z but not all Anime.

Now I am very interested in the culture and way of life. Japan is very different from any other country in the world. It is a blend of western and traditional culture mixed into one country. I am still also very interested in video games that orignate from Japan and the martial arts they attain. The japanese sword is also trully a great sword.

The Bonsai

Hi Frineds

I new in the community, i like the Bonsais and all relationated with this.

www.bonsaiworld.org

pretty much i like everything about japan.

me, I like the language. The main fact that the accent is like spanish is a plus for me. Not only that but Japanese shares some, not all, grammar points with spanish. Kind of cool and has helped me with the 3 japanese classes I've taken in college. ^_^
    Santa Monica College Student

Hola!! New to this Forums, hope that in the future I'll make new friends here

well ive been absolutley obsessed with everything japanese since a school mate showed me pics and video of the holiday his family took to tokyo when i was 5. i love the culture, cinema both anime and live action movies the language and the mind blowing technology, hell i sleep on a futon in a room full of imported japanese movie posters the only thing i dont have is tatami mat flooring, its the closest ill get for a long while yet, my own little slice of japan here in the middle of nowhere, uk

The whole world is interested in its way. Every country has something to offer (at least a cup of good coffee ;)) and I'm not entirely devoted to Japan. The country where I live (look at the flag under my nick) is much different from any Asian country. I've always liked geography and my interest for many countries has enlarged since I was in elementary school. However, I've started to do aikido and I've seen Akira Kurosawa movies + some anime + Eiji Joshikawa's "Miyamoto Musashi" novel, which led me to learn more about this country. Of course, everybody knows about Japan's technological development and about some specifics such are: martial arts, cool cars, ww2 kamikaze, ikebana etc. Though I'm not yet fully aware of the way of life in Japan. That's why I came here and I'll keep searching for more information about Japan.
    Since I'm a student in a quite poor country (one of the poorest in Europe) I've begun searching for a foreign country where I could continue my work. Besides West Europe, Japan looks quite good and I've started to learn Japanese. It is very interesting so I've decided to try applying over there.

D

castle are big and cold. I dont like it

Everything about Japan fascinates me...!!!

...and I haven't even had the privelege to go to Japan yet..
    That is one of my dreams...to come to this rich old and new culture..and I would love to live there for a while..
    I like the calligraphy..have tried it and used it in my artwork..
    The old art in Japan is truly amazing..
    I could go on and on...

If I can't go there, then I am sure my hip hop artist son will travel to Japan.

Thank god for the www so we can "travel" around the world every day, and learn new things...

There are certain Japanese things that I like specifically: anime, console RPGs, Zen Buddhism, green tea. However, it also seems as though things I like in general (and that are available almost anywhere) are somehow a little bit better in Japan. For example: I like Japanese cars and motorcycles. Sure I can get them in Canada(and have), but why not go to the source? I like technology, petite women, and big cities. Maybe when I get to Japan my preconcieved notions will be broken. I don't know, but for now I enjoy being interested in Japan. It gives me something to do between essays.

Heimin
    You missed out 'Nothing in particular' in the voting choice.

I live & work here & that's it, Japan is just another place.

I am a Japanese-Canadian - 3rd Gen. I have grown up with Japanese sensibilities all my life. It was only when I became an adult that I began studying Japan - it's language, history and culture - more aggressively.

Anyway, this is my first post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    Always good to know if we are here for the same reason or not... This is a multiple answer poll, so choose as many as you want.

My interest for Japan date back from my childhood with the anime on tv. I have done judo and karate when I was respectively 6 and 14-15 years old,. I have been a video game addict as a teenager. But all this was forgotten when I met my wife and I came to Japan.Now I am interested in the culure in general (history, language, religion/traditions...)., the people and the food.

I would like more than 10 categories for my poll. Thomas is it possible ?
    can i eat japaness?

Raging Spirit
    Hah...there isn't a choice for "all"!

I love everything in japan except the food: i hate sushi!!!

A gamer in Auckland
    girls,cars,games,movies~~

Quote Originally Posted by bigirl1983
    I love everything in japan except the food: i hate sushi!!!
    GASP! How could you not like it?

Sigh... That's it. You've broken my heart.
    Breathe. Unclench. Think.

I'm interested in Japanese (traditional) culture, linguistics and food (I love Japanese seafood!)

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast