Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: I need help with my manners

I need help with my manners

I am an artist/musician/poet/philosopher. I am a 46 year old white American and know only the basics when it comes to Japanese manners, however I have always had a deep respect and a high opinion of the Japanese way of life. I am currently working on a project that requires me to seek out and enlist the help of the headmaster at a local Japanese emersion school here in America where children may be educated in the traditional Japanese way. I wish to extend every courtesy I can towards him and not give him any offense because it is imperative that I receive his help or that of someone he may know.
    What would be the best way to contact this person, and set up an appointment to plead my case? What should be my conduct during this appointment? And lastly, the reason for my request of him is somewhat personal and spiritual in nature how much of this do I divulge?

Well MDLconcepts Glad to see you here, and you have artist/musician/poet/philosopher lots of skills,sound good to read that, well i think you can decide better then me which is the best way to handle...

very interesting and great post.