Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Japanese afraid of Brazilian tourists as World Cup approaches

He/she is also just copying posts made earlier, rather than putting down anything new.

Just wanted to say 'HI' to Mike Cash san !! I have a number of Brazilian friends in the Nagano area. The Japanese folks from around here don't seem to worry much at all.

Hi Mike !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Man
    Just wanted to say 'HI' to Mike Cash san !! I have a number of Brazilian friends in the Nagano area. The Japanese folks from around here don't seem to worry much at all.
    Hi Mike !!
    Hi there!

We have enough Brazilians around here that I have often lamented not taking Portuguese in university. At the time, I couldn't imagine any possible future need of it.

Come to think of it, that's the same reason I didn't take Spanish in high school. I heard the term "Hispanic community" in a story about Georgia the other day. Twenty five years ago I was of the opinion that no Southern state (I don't count Florida as a Southern state) would ever have communities of Spanish speakers, and I didn't envision myself going to where they are.

I banned him temp. Mike, it seems he just posted to every single thread he could find and leave that picture all the time (which I refrained him from doing )
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash
    We have enough Brazilians around here that I have often lamented not taking Portuguese in university.
    LOL !!! I hear you, I hear you !!!

(I don't count Florida as a Southern state) [/QUOTE]

Neither do I. . .it's caribbean in my eyes. (maybe the very northeastern area could be, or almost could be Southern, though)

Thanks for the reply....be careful on the road and I'll catch you later !! MM

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash
    Come to think of it, that's the same reason I didn't take Spanish in high school. I heard the term "Hispanic community" in a story about Georgia the other day. Twenty five years ago I was of the opinion that no Southern state (I don't count Florida as a Southern state) would ever have communities of Spanish speakers, and I didn't envision myself going to where they are.
    The word "community" is commonly misused nowadays. While I obviously didn't read that article, it could have been referring simply to the hispanic population of Georgia. Then again, Hispanic immigrants to the US do have a way of colonizing and clustering in various areas.

There are areas of Florida that are just as southern as anywhere else. Still, I hear that there are areas of Miami where a working knowledge of Spanish is almost essential.

There are two problems with Brazil. Spanish\Portugese what awful languages and Carnaval....Drunkeness, Orgies....Disgusting!

My grandfather is Japanese immigrant who came from Hiroshima.
    I'm proud of it.

Soccer players fear of the brasilians... O.o

I just fear Brasilians because of there soccer.

Sorry to ruin the mood though.....

Japan government had already transferred largely agricultural intellectual property to them.

Quote Originally Posted by yamada View Post

Japan government had already transferred largely agricultural intellectual property to them.
    That's hefty reward for Brazilian born Japanese descent repatriates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12