Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: a question about the chinese and vietnamese

a question about the chinese and vietnamese

hey everyone,
    it's me again. i have a question about the vietnamese and chinese. i read vietnam is in the south china seas along with
    philippines,malaysia,brunei,indonesia,and singapore. i was wondering if these countires came from china? like chinese founded these countries and form their own countries. like would the vietnamese be part of china. so in away their chinese? thank you all for your time.
    -Joe

In imagination land Chidoriashi's Avatar
    Umm, i suggest you just use wikipedia my friend...

wait... you're 24 and you seriously dunno the answer to this question? it's like saying that all of south american people are considered mexican because their skin is tanned.

raverboy

well i meant alot of china's culture is use by the vietnamese. i don't know much about vietnam.but i read the hoa is a big ethnic in vietnam who are Chinese who immigrated to Vietnam during the Qing Dynasty and Republic of China period. but the reason i ask is i can't choose between having my main character be half-chinese or half-vietnamese. his dad is american. so i'm trying to figure away to have him be both chinese and vietnamese in his mom's side without having her be half-vietnamese and half-chinese.

wow おたべちゃん i didn't know that i didn't think china started it's own nation state. i always thought japan was found different since i know they had a big fight with each other. but i do know vietnam and philippines can speak and understand english. i don't really understand the history of hoas. like i said earlier '' are Chinese who immigrated to Vietnam during the Qing Dynasty and Republic of China period.'' like how do i have my main character's mom family be from vietnam but have her family be chinese too. because my main character's parents meet in vietnam during the vietnam war. but in the series the main character goes to live with his billionaire grandpa (from her mom's side of the family) in america.

are you planning on getting a tattoo or something?

raverboy

no Iiiusional i don't believe in tattos

i believe in tattoos... anyways, i'm wondering why you wanted to know about the characters in your family.

raverboy

no Illusional my character's family not my family.

Quote Originally Posted by gunblade007 View Post
    hey everyone,
    it's me again. i have a question about the vietnamese and chinese. i read vietnam is in the south china seas along with
    philippines,malaysia,brunei,indonesia,and singapore. i was wondering if these countires came from china? like chinese founded these countries and form their own countries. like would the vietnamese be part of china. so in away their chinese? thank you all for your time.
    -Joe
    Wow ,as far as I know, China never conquered Vietnam . but Vietnam being a vassal state for many years ...

Vietnamese is different form Chinese ,as you know ,Vietnam is in the south ,Just like South America and North America...

china never conquered vietnam,philippines,malaysia,brunei,indonesia,and singapore.it is ture that there are many chinese people live in these country in history.