Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What's your blood group and ethnic group ?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • A and Caucasian (=white, European-type)

59 16.03%
  • AB and Caucasian

17 4.62%
  • B and Caucasian

21 5.71%
  • O and Caucasian

82 22.28%
  • A and Mongoloid (= East Asian or native American type)

19 5.16%
  • AB and Mongoloid

6 1.63%
  • B and Mongoloid

10 2.72%
  • O and Mongoloid

27 7.34%
  • A and Negroid (= black, African type)

2 0.54%
  • AB and Negroid

1 0.27%
  • B and Negroid

2 0.54%
  • O and Negroid

6 1.63%
  • A other ethnic type (Semitic, Indian, mixed ethnies, etc.)

9 2.45%
  • AB other ethnic type

5 1.36%
  • B other ethnic type

5 1.36%
  • O other ethnic type

26 7.07%
  • Don't know

71 19.29%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What's your blood group ?

B rh D negative. Whatever that means.

I've O...

Many people have O i see
    Siwon Sarangheayo~!<3

Who is Number One? EmperorHirohito's Avatar
    Im O- and a registered blood donor to boot.

Maciamo hate to raise this matter with you, but as far as I have been told it is people with O- blood who are regarded as universal donors, and that their blood can be given to anyone who needs blood.

Also hideway the D stands for the D factor, its something linked to suitabilty of giving bllod to children. My blood is O- with the D factor and when I used to donate it was marked with a blue label "For Paediatric Use"
    Water water everywhere, and all the boards did shrink,

Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

The universal donor blood is O- (negative) O+ can only be used in people who are positive rh. A+ B+ AB+ O+ O- can be given to all of the positives and negatives. A+/- B+/- AB+/- O+/- At least this is what I was taught in anatomy/physiology in university.
    I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it. ~Jack Handey

Thanks for that Goldengirl, thats roughly what the nurse from the Royal Army Medical Corps explained to me when I first had my blood tested for blood grouping.

Many Thanks

Off/On topic reply.....

A other ethnic type (Semitic, Indian, mixed ethnies, etc.)
    Could someone here explain to me or give some information on when Semitic became an ethnic group?

If one looks into the history of the word, gsemiteh, it has to do with a language group and no more. The semitic languages are, at least according to most linguistic experts, Amharic (spoken in Ethiopia and Eritrea, the lands once known as Abyssinia), Arabic (spoken in all the Arab countries and in many Muslim countries because it is the language of the Qurfan), Hebrew (spoken in Israel and by some Jews and others outside of Israel), Aramaic (spoken primarily by the Chaldeans of Iraq and by some Catholic and Maronite Christians in the world, at least in their church services if not in their homes or business) and Syriac (spoken by a few in various parts of Syria and in the Middle East). Incidentally, according to most linguists, Abraham, the father of the Jews and Arabs, spoke Aramaic, that was the language of the land at the time, not Hebrew.

Taken from;

Semitic is a Language Group, Not a Racial or Ethnic Group

On topic reply....
    I:m B- and am a registered donor, although here in Japan sometimes it gets to be a pain as they call, on occasion, at the most inconvenient times requesting that I come in and give blood.
    Last edited by KirinMan; Jun 13, 2007 at 07:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Obeika View Post
    I:m B- and am a registered donor, although here in Japan sometimes it gets to be a pain as they call, on occasion, at the most inconvenient times requesting that I come in and give blood.
    Obeika san I completely understand how you feel. I used to be called three times a year,like clockwork, and had to always arrange my work schedule around donating blood.
    Matters where further complicated due to the fact that Im on the register of Bone Marrow donors based at the Royal Free Hospital in London. Having been tissue typed to Class 2 and down to the last detail as I was a partial match for someone who needed a transplant, I had to be prepared to take a whole month off work if I was ever called to donate bone marrow. Employers hated the idea that if I was called to donate, I would have to take awhole month off work regardless of how much they needed me at work.

O-

plus i can't give blood because i'm alergic to lot's of things and that's in my blood...

Banned
    Bloodtype A and Caucasoid.

Ugh, I can't remember. In highschool, many years ago, I learned that I was A, AB or B but never learned the +/- part. Definitely not O, I know that much.

hehe post #100!

Will be in Osaka in '08 LateNight~*'s Avatar
    R u sure O- is universal because I have always heard O+'s are the universal donor. However, O+'s can only receive their own type of blood.
    That website that DutchBaka put up earlier though is very good, very thorough. Blood types vary from area to area. I read on wiki that it is quite rare to be asian and O+/- type. However it is quite common for Caucasians. I'm Mexican but I think my ancestors are european (everyone looks white) which would explain why I'm O+.
    Wiki is very good with this stuff so I suggest checking it out.

My blood is a platoon + and almost all the peoples of the Middle East factions blood confined between a and b, but I personally best platoon o because it is tender and altruism
    Thank you for the valuable information

AB mix of Caucasian and Mongoloid.

O- blood can be given to all the blood types, therefore it is the universal donor. O+ can only be given to + (positive) blood types and can not be given to - (negatives) so that limits its "ability" to be used, so it's not the universal donor. O+ people can get O+ or O- blood, O- can ONLY get O-. Hope this helps LateNight.

just thought i would drop some info

um... yeah you dont really need to know your blood type in case of an emergency. thats why every hospital has a blood typing centre. you see if in an accident you say im a+ they going to look at you and say ok ok and then they going to take you in and draw some blood and test to see what blood type you are. why cause its easy to do and does not take long and they better prove you are what you say you are before starting to pump that stuff in you before you die. cause if it turns out you a different type and they just happened to take your word for it they are liable for your death. and dont no doctor want to be responsible for his patients death either. in extremely emergency situations they will take your word for it and then grab different types of your a+ sub types since the rhesus group has over like 26 different sub types most of which can kill you if matched incorrectly and they just look for the one that fits and pump you with that as is done in such instances as battlefields. stay tuned next week where i will teach how to perform a needle thoracentesis to all of you who hope to stab someone in the chest in an effort to save their lives.

another thing that needs explaining is the role of these antigens antibodies and their importance. o- is the universal donor. ab+ the universal recipient. the reason being that a person with A antigens will have antibodies vs B but not A and O. a person with B antigens will have antibodies vs A but not B and O. now a person with O antigens hehe why he has no antigens and that means he has antibodies vs A and O. you ask hm... why universal then. his blood cells have no antigens and antibodies need antigens to attack so his blood is universal his plasma on the other hand will kill people with either A or B antigens. and also there is the ever infamous Oo blood type which for some reason has an antibody to kill the OO blood type. since blood typing is always a matter of recessive and dominant genes. known as the h factor it is very rare and usually occurs in the indian community. so always remember antigens and antibodies are the determining factors here. and blood dont determine personality that is determined by the nature vs nurture argument. stay tuned next week where i will teach you how to perform a crichoidthyroidotomy in order to save the life of a person suffering from upper airway obstruction. you get to use a sharp object to slit someones throat its a must see.

I have no idea what mine is. I really should find out, but I don't know how.
    Last edited by Yuta; Dec 28, 2007 at 08:10.

Banned
    i don't know!!oh my god!

Rope Shrine Maiden Kirie_Maiden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuta View Post
    I have no idea what mine is. I really should find out, but I don't know how.
    I have the same problem. Short of walking into open surgery with my GP and saying, "My head hurts. What's wrong with it? Oh, and what's my blood type?" I have no idea how to find out.

AB baby! I rule!!! ..... I think that's my blood type.
    Dream Always

what is the big deal about blood type?

i am AB- so what does that make me?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion da black View Post
    i am AB- so what does that make me?
    It means you have the coolest blood type. Anyway according to the personality matching thing:

AB

Type AB's are the split personalities of the blood groups. They can be both outgoing and shy, confident and timid. While responsible, too much responsibility will cause a problem. They are trustworthy and like to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by kireikoori View Post
    It means you have the coolest blood type. Anyway according to the personality matching thing:
    thanks dude..
    wow i am awesome

I'm O+ I think or was it O-

A+

I have my blood card on me.
    I had an operation last year and they needed my blood type... just in case!

Just in case...??

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast