Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Are you bothered by girls making up in the metro ?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • That's very disrespectful and bothersome

3 5.00%
  • That's a bit annoying

9 15.00%
  • I really don't care

28 46.67%
  • I don't see any problem and even like it

20 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you bothered by girls making up in the metro ?

–Ú‚ÍŒû‚Ù‚Ç‚É•¨‚ðŒ¾‚¤ Riona-Chan's Avatar
    I do it everyday before I go to work because I am just too Lazy to get up earlier to apply my make-up.
    I mean I sit in the train to work +- 35 min everyday so it is a perfect way to kill time.
    HOWEVER I do not do this in Japan.
    I am a "gaijin" so people allready watch my moves closer so I make sure that I don't want to attrack extra attention by doing stuff like that.

I wouldn't mind if they (guys or girls..) were doing a little touch-up, some lipstick/gloss and a coat of mascara, maybe eyeliner. But if they were to get out lash-curlers, foundations, glitter, etc...that'd be annoying and distracting, spreading the fumes of chemicals on a crammed train, possibly endangering someones' health.

Maybe the law is for people who are allergic to such things, they don't want the fresh bottles open around them?

The French like girls who take care of their looks. Better a girl obsessed with make-up than one that looks like an old rag.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyabuchaa View Post
    The French like girls who take care of their looks. Better a girl obsessed with make-up than one that looks like an old rag.

Well said!
    If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. --E.B. White

I actually don't see any problems with it.
    Some people just don't have the time to do it at home, so they do it in the train.
    And nobody else cares actually unlike in some other western countries like Germany where you will be stared at from entering the train till you sit on your seat some time... I hate that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123