Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Ayu song ?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • &

0 0%
  • Boys & Girls

2 4.00%
  • Dearest

1 2.00%
  • Depend on You

1 2.00%
  • Dolls

0 0%
  • Evolution

10 20.00%
  • Far Away

1 2.00%
  • Fly High

2 4.00%
  • Free & Easy

0 0%
  • Greatful Days

1 2.00%
  • Hanabi

2 4.00%
  • Heartplace

1 2.00%
  • I am

1 2.00%
  • Independent

0 0%
  • July 1st

1 2.00%
  • Kanariya

2 4.00%
  • Love Destiny

1 2.00%
  • M

4 8.00%
  • Naturally

1 2.00%
  • Real Me

2 4.00%
  • Seasons

2 4.00%
  • Surreal

2 4.00%
  • Trauma

0 0%
  • Vogue

2 4.00%
  • Voyage

5 10.00%
  • Wishing

0 0%
  • You

0 0%
  • Don't know....

6 12.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ayu's best song

Let me reply your question, kinjo:

First of all, no one should be hurt because of someone else's opinions. So don't worry, if someone does get hurt, it's their own fault. I appreciate your honest opinion and now I'll share mine. ;)

As for me, I don't think her looks and style are important. Actually, I don't even need to see her in music videos or such in order to like her songs. I'm female, so maybe that's the reason... but still.

Her songs are really good! She's kinda the most mainstream singer I listen to. And as for the nasal voice, I think that's the best part! Really! It's so different and if fits to her songs. But you're somewhat right about some songs, she sings some parts oddly, but most of the time I just like her voice. I think the refrain in "Free & Easy" (konna, konna yogoreta machi de...) part really makes her voice sound good.

I also like Hikki, but her voice is so different. Different in a good way, too. I think Ayumi is better singer than Hikki, though.

I like Ayu's song "M" probably the best. The song it really pretty, and I just like it. I dunno, I'm strange like that. I really like most of her songs, so it's hard to just choose one.
    ~Love is Pain, Pain is Bitter~
    ~I am the darkness of your dreams~

Here are some of my favorites...

Evolution:
    Starts very slow...and then it becomes something you just nod you head to. Awesome!

Vogue:
    Worldly beat, textbook.

To Be:
    Smooth, silky, refreshing like soy.

Voyage:
    Wonderful tune.

Seasons:
    Another powerful ballad.

Daybreak:
    Wonder how a black college marching band would play this one...down and dirty! But in a clean way.

Jian
    ok.. no one is better than Hikki. As far as looks wise, Ayu and Hikki are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Both of their songs are great, but I like Hikki's consistency. Ayu makes billions of decent songs, and once and a while they're spectacular in every aspect of music composition.

I was torn between Dearest and Evolution, but I ultimately went with Evolution because Ayu is the Queen of techno & techno remixes; and that song just happens to be a bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by kinjo
    a question to all ayu fans.
    what is so good abt her music that she is such a rage?

i hear a good breadth of j-music, oldies and new ones, and some lyrics of hers are good, but basically, doesn't she have a strong, extremely nasal whiny voice? how can melody emanate from the nose?
    And at high pitch, doesn't her voice turn into an irritating shriek? (just listen to the last lines of 'a song for XX', u will know what I mean)
    Where is the power and depth in her voice characterestic of good singers?

Pray tell me whats good about the way she sings?
    Atleast, Hikki has a solid voice she can boast of!

Or is it _just_ Ayu's looks and stylish attire which is carrying her on?

Hardcore ayu fans may be peeved, but I fail to find anything in her voice
    that justifies her position, Yes, the music may be good, but that alone cannot make a singer great!

I am sorry if someone is hurt, but just my own opinion.
    I agree with you, her voice to squeaky and nasal. People say ayumi voice improved I dont think it did, still cracks and squeaks. She will never be a great singer.I like hikki or namie voice they are good singers..

think Ayumi is better singer than Hikki, though

No way ayumi is better singer then Hikki. Hikki dont make me cringe when she sings like ayumi.

I like evolution best. Not very original, but that's just the way it is

And who is Hikki? I can't seem to finf any music of hers

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylhoer
    And who is Hikki? I can't seem to finf any music of hers
    Hikki is short for Utada Hikaru, who's a really good singer IMO. I prefer her music a lot more to Ayumi's, not only because I like her voice more but just cos I like Hikki's style more. But that said, I still really like some of Ayu's songs, namely Evolution, To Be and Love (Refrain). Rainbow's not bad either.

I also think that Ayumi's voice sounds a lot better in the lower register, like in the beginning of Rainbow. When she sings the high notes she just goes all nasally as some other people said already.
    "You cactus bastard!!"

Why are pple like Evolution??? that song is ok but not really comparable to her elder songs in my opinion. i like the pv though.. she looks cute in it

ayumi is great. most of her songs are so addicting. it is true, she is very fasionable which is a plus but i like her voice and her music as well. i am just wondering, where is rainbow on the list? it's such an awesome song!

oh and about utada hikaru...i think she is a little too r&b-ish for my taste which is why i dont like her as much as miss ayumi. but hikki is a great singer. can't deny that. but still, i like ayumi much better...i dont think i could buy any of hikki's albums cos' i dont like as many of her songs...first love is awesome but then i cant really thing of another song i like of hers as much (maybe SAKURA drops but thats it). with ayumi, i can think of so many i like...evolution, rainbow, free and easy, powder snow, M, dearest, who?, i am, no more words, endless sorrow, ect ect. and thats only off the top of my head ^^;;; yeah =P

I liked Deep Forest, the Inuyasha ending theme!
    "Kanpeki to chau, jinsei no shuushi
    Puramai zero da nanteba honto ka na?
    Shinu made ni tsukaikiru, un no kazu
    Semete, jibun de dashiire wo sasete
    "

Well I like a lot of her songs but Really Evolution and Fly high seems to be the best ones for me ^^
    One of the most adventurous things left for us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams....

I like Hanabi,no way to say,ALL the tranceremixes M in particular actually I love all her songs...I'm a big fan of her I liked the music vid of Ourselves also very much hmmz....ayu....

Momemts is very good too !!!!

w00t my 100th POST !!!!
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

my favorite one is ayumi's Trust Remix

Real Me...i'm not sure but the vid..was kool in it's own way...and Dearest is another one of my favourite..^^'

Voyage is a moving tune, and the PV is great. I like. however I voted for Real Me - like her voice in that one. I agree : where's Rainbow? And 'About you'? I like About You...
    For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 characters per line. Empty lines are also counted. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed.
    For images in signatures: one image up to 300 pixels wide, 100 pixels tall and 20k in size
    If you do want to have text and an image, you can have a maximum of 2 normal lines (or 4 small lines) and one image (in a new line) up to 300 pixels wide, 60 pixels tall and 15k in size."

you don't have No more words up. T_T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12