Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Do you like Chobits ?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love it !

92 70.77%
  • Not bad...

23 17.69%
  • No

2 1.54%
  • Don't know it

13 10.00%
  • Don't care, other

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chobits

Thumbs up Chobits

The Story

Motosuwa Hideki, 18, is from Hokkaido. He comes to Tokyo to study. Everybody in Tokyo has fallen for the new crave : the "persocon" (person computer). These look exactly like humans, except for their ears. They talk like humans and can express pre-programmed feelings, but they are just computers. They get your mail, can be used as phones, do your housework, cook, keep you company, laugh at your joke, sing... anything you want as long as you've installed the right programme or taught them how to do it.

Hideki immediately wants to get one of those wonderful machines, but has no money and persocon are expensives.
    As he is discovering his new neighbourhood, he finds a personcon thown in the rubbish/garbage. She looks very cute, but doesn't seem to work. He brings her back to his flat and suceeds in turning her on, but the persocon can only say one word : "Chii" (whic becomes her name). As Hideki doesn't know anything about persocon, he ask his newly met friend Shimbo for help. Chii's memory had been deleted, but she seemed to still be able to learn normally.

Hideki then starts teaching her to speak or how to behave in the world and they soon fall in love for each other. What he doesn't know is that "Chii" isn't a normal persocon. Could she be one of the legendary Chobits series that can truely feel like humans ?

Chobits is romantic, funny and a bit "etchi. You'll probably find it addictive. "It's one of the best anime series I've ever seen. It's very emotional, but also realistic (Tokyo is exactly as it is) and fills you with positive feelings for the day.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Huhu!! I really love Chobits!! Chii is cute, Hideki is funny and sometimes a bit strange....^^ right, it´s very emotional, but i like it also for that!! etchi?? -well... sometimes...maybe a little little bit... ^^ but that´s cool, too!!!

Maciamo, count me to the fans!!!!
    *Sushi & Instant Soups 4 ever!!! -- Miyamoto Musashi rulez!!!*
    -==> Hayabusa & Hayate (DoA3) / Dante (Devil may Cry) <==-
    ---====> Hiko Seijuro -- The best Swordsman ever <====---

yeah i like it alot. i havent seen the anime as of yet, though i have 7 of the 8 graphic novels and am anxiously awaiting the relase of the last book. and for some odd reason the chobits dvds are more expensive than the other animes at the video store :/
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

=[Signature Guidelines]==[User Titles]==[Forum Rules]=

iami5o4
    I like this Anime! Especially the Story line! It's great!

i've read the first 7 volumes of the manga and seen the first 12 episodes of the anime (the first 3 dvds, jeisan have you checked out best buy? i've only been paying $22.99 (not too bad for here, better than the $30 suncoast wants))
    personally (and so far) i prefer the anime for this particular series (a rarity). it manages to capture the same feeling and sense of humor the manga had but they've cut out some of the plot drag and thrown in a bunch of new scenarios (hideki and the ghost of the murdered mistress is my favorite example) and amped up original plot points (like buying underwear)
    looks good, sounds good, is good!

it got me excited about anime again. and that is my chobits rant. hugs and kisses all, i'm out!

Yeah, i've seen the anime too... I thought it was a bit childish in the beginning but then it gets better and better; the storyline is also believable (ie. humans choosing to live with a persocon instead of interacting with other humans... creepy...) I also have to mention about the songs and bgm in Chobits, they are catchy and fun to listen to...

ps, Jeisan. is the anime licensed already??? I managed to grab the anime off the net a few years back but I'm sure that there's some copies still floating around the net... if it is still legit...
    "If meaning lies with having met someone and not in meeting them, then what is the meaning of having met them?" --Soma--

yeah i think tokyopop may have the lisense since they have the one for the manga, and they have both the lisence for the manga and anime for gto, initial d and real bout HS so i assume they would for chobits. the 1st 2 dvds are at my video store for 24.99 each but everything else is 19.99 some are even 16.99 so it just makes me wonder why it costs more.

i kind like chobits, i dowloaded about 10 episodes, and a few i watched at a friend of mine´s place, the serie is absolutley ok. but i have to say that tere are better series
    in Dev/Null noone can hear you scream

BTW, I've seen the 26 episodes of Chobits, but I've heard of a 27th extra. Has anyone seen it ?

Originally posted by Maciamo
    BTW, I've seen the 26 episodes of Chobits, but I've heard of a 27th extra. Has anyone seen it ?
    I think the chobits eps 27 that you are talking about is an experimental episode release called "chibits". Chibits is a new series that mainly talks about Sumomo and Kotoko. There is only one episode released in the Chibits series so far; and more are scheduled later this year....

Chobits wasn't the best CLAMP anime/manga I've seen, but it was enjoyable.

Note: Chibits is not the episode 27 that was previously mentioned. Episode 27 was a DVD release only OVA which was a full recap of the series with Chitose and Kotoko hosting.

there is a 27:th episode, we have it here on one of the computers, it´s one in the serie of every 9:th episode thats a resum�. so episode 27 is a resum�

i saw the manga & i was gonna buy it but i didnt have enough money.. i really wanna read it, the girl in it looks soooooo cute!! ^^
    lilsweets4u&me

hmm, sounds interesting. i wanna see it now. sorta reminds me of Hand Maid May though.
    _J-Spec Dan

American born with Japanese specifications.

Saitama - home of...initial D 4th Stage's WRX!

yes this persocon is so cute!!!
    I havent money for chobit number 5 :-(

it's strange because in the past CLAMP made shojo manga and now they make a shonen...

I like chobits a lot even though I'm a girl. Book 7 just came out in
    the US and I got it! It explains a lot of the story so I'm glad I
    bought it. There's only one book after this one! So sad, it's
    gonna end soon. )=

I love Chobits! I haven't seen the anime though; I've only read the manga but I think the manga looks better! ^^
    ~We only appreciate the beauty of Time's flow once we arrive at our destination~

Originally posted by Shadow
    I think the chobits eps 27 that you are talking about is an experimental episode release called "chibits". Chibits is a new series that mainly talks about Sumomo and Kotoko. There is only one episode released in the Chibits series so far; and more are scheduled later this year....
    chibits isn't like chobits at all. it's like .hack//SIGN & dusk
    i don't recommend chibits at all.
    desu!

I wanna pop in here with a quick..question/request if I may

I am currently on like episode 26 of Chobits now for the past few eps or so I have seen a grl and a guy I later found out are dita and jiima i have been searching for 3 days stright to find pics of jiima and only turned up like 2 do any of you know where i can find anymore? sorry to invade the topic but it's driving me mad

ill do a web search and see what i can turn up, otherwise i can scan some from my manga books, but they'll be black and white.

man i dont care lol any pic is a good pic aslong as its jiima like i said i have been lookin what seems like forever and its driving me insane thank you so much

aight it may take a couple days since my books are still at my old house and the computer and scanner n everything are here at the new place. im still very much in the process of moving, packing and sorting everything.

it's no rush

I like Chobits though I usually doesn't read this cinda stories. have book 1-6 =) but I haven't seen much of the anime. but the manga is better, I think.

I like Chobits though I usually doesn't read this cinda stories. have book 1-6 =) but I haven't seen much of the anime. but the manga is better, I think.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast