Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: China Bashing in USA

China Bashing in USA

-
    From someone who watches too much News,Politcal-Talk-Shows, the new boogeyman is Mainland/Communist China.

Do some political groups need a "boogeyman" ?

Toys with Lead-Paint, isn't this the companies fault more than the country ?

Why aren't the companies being blamed for toys with very dangerous levels of "Lead Paint" ?

Doesn't "Loue Dobb" every say anything good about Mainland/Communist China ?

Jobs going to China is a big issue, but jobs were going to Mexico, Indonesia, Bulgaria, on and on...

If the "jobs and products" going to China, why don't we stop the import of their products ?
    NewYorkCity/WashingtonDC/Bonn/London/Tokyo, the rest is mullet wrap

I blame China for trying to make money from being cheap and underhanded and I blame the USA for wanting cheap chinese made garbage. The Chinese couldn't care less if defective products kill their population, they are over-populated already, and any loss just lessens the burden.
    I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it. ~Jack Handey

American
    America and China are so in bed with each other at the top level, everything that is said is just a distraction from the reality, the low level population is getting sqrewed on both sides of the water.

You SPAM/We BAN !

Maybe changes coming?

Last nights news mentioned the US FDA will open a branch in China to work more closely with the Chinese over-seeing what gets sent to the US.

Uncle Frank

TAKE WHAT I SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SUGAR !!
    I USED TO BE FUNNY, BUT MY WIFE HAD ME NEUTERED!

Banned
    Good,America should not import contaminated foodstuff

Americans are just jalous because they fear to be exceeded by China because the economy is growing up.

Certainly Yan, you must be kidding. The USA isn't jealous, the USA doesn't want to be poisoned, doesn't want to be over taken by a communist country that thwarts freedom, free trade, freedom of religion, politics etc. We fear a country that WILL NEED the worlds resources to feed it's ever growing population and it's country can not provide all of that. China will need to get the earths resources anyway it can.

It was hoped by most American's that if China became more worldly, more economically sound that they would become freer. That their people would demand personal freedom. Instead they are placated with a cell phone and monitored internet service, and Cola Cola or in other words, the illusion of freedom. The Chinese who want better from China are either dead (killed by the Chinese Gov.), imprisoned, or living in foreign countries. So sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Goldiegirl View Post
    Certainly Yan, you must be kidding. The USA isn't jealous, the USA doesn't want to be poisoned, doesn't want to be over taken by a communist country that thwarts freedom, free trade, freedom of religion, politics etc. We fear a country that WILL NEED the worlds resources to feed it's ever growing population and it's country can not provide all of that. China will need to get the earths resources anyway it can.

It was hoped by most American's that if China became more worldly, more economically sound that they would become freer. That their people would demand personal freedom. Instead they are placated with a cell phone and monitored internet service, and Cola Cola or in other words, the illusion of freedom. The Chinese who want better from China are either dead (killed by the Chinese Gov.), imprisoned, or living in foreign countries. So sad....
    Why don't you actually answer the question?

What question would you like me to answer? I think I made my point very clearly. Maybe you couldn't understand it???

Quote Originally Posted by Goldiegirl View Post
    What question would you like me to answer? I think I made my point very clearly. Maybe you couldn't understand it???
    The original question was: Why aren't the companies being blamed for toys with very dangerous levels of "Lead Paint." And whatever you stated was completely irrelevant to the question.

It's like me asking: "where is the bathroom?" And you responding "It's 5:30 in the afternoon"

Do you not know how to answer a question?

Non-Member
    Negative Beef, I don't see you adding much to this discussion, yourself.

If you're going to complain about someone else's posts, at least have the courtesy to lead by example.

If I were Goldiegirl, I would feel completely justified to outright ignore your request, as you are not answering the question, either.

Consider this a warning. Do not continue to complain about Goldiegirl's posts without adding your own insight into this issue.

Banned
    Majority of poisoning cases in America are " domestic "

a related article @ http://science.nationalgeographic.co...-how-safe.html

* statistics on people died of food poisoning in America

http://www.everydayhealth.com/Public...FQgWiQodYw1zWg

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...&start=10&sa=N

I am sure that there are plenty of food poison case that are based solely in the USA...there is a difference though. In China it is a deliberate and calculated act.

Banned
    ... huh ...

Provide some news articles or internet links concerning " let's bring down America " conspiracy of The Red Menace ( China ).

Recent scandal about contamination in Japan's Tezukuri Hitokuchi Gyoza - Chinese made frozen foods that unfortunately poisoned several families recently. It now came to light that somebody deliberately injected harmful drugs into the package, possibly in an attempt at murder. People should be leery and informed about this, but that stops when this is the only thing on the news for an entire week, several times a day.

And this is far from the first time.What about a few months ago when people suspected a Chinese company of making gyoza from cardboard ? It was later proven to be a hoaxe, and yet all I heard was "I knew I shouldn't trust Chinese products." IT WAS NOT REAL, and yet peoples minds were somehow already decided.

Whats more, these products were not smuggled into Japan, they were legally imported. Maybe China has different health standards than Japan, that is probably true, but all food brought to Japan is still subject to import inspection. It still must pass the health standards of Japan to be sold there ( or here in the US ). If I can't bring in a bag of beef Jerky accross the border, I am damn sure importers must be inspected. So don't blame the company for selling inferior products, they never lied about it. Blame the import company - blame JT Food products or ( US companies ).

This sort of news is a distraction from bigger problems.In English we say,"the best trick the devil ever used on humans was to convice then he didnt exist."

Banned
    Let " the truth speak ",shall we

America's #1 toymaker Mattel " officially apologized " to China

The company admitted that most of its toy recalls were due to its own design flaws, not Chinese manufacturers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20903731/

* related news articles

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T4...=Google+Search

Quote Originally Posted by tokapi View Post
    Whats more, these products were not smuggled into Japan, they were legally imported. Maybe China has different health standards than Japan, that is probably true, but all food brought to Japan is still subject to import inspection. It still must pass the health standards of Japan to be sold there ( or here in the US ). If I can't bring in a bag of beef Jerky accross the border, I am damn sure importers must be inspected.
    Oh, really ? You are so sure the Chinese are not in massive nonconpliance since 1% of food shipped or trucked across borders is inspected before being distributed ??

Even Olympic athletes are forced into a position of supplying their own food. The problem of adultrated food exports is so widespread the
    government only knows how to resort to threats of life sentences or even execution for company heads that violate the new regulations.

http://www.wellnessresources.com/fre...s_food_supply/
    Last edited by Elizabeth; Jun 11, 2008 at 14:07.

Banned
    ***************** mad cow disease ALERT *******************

* 80,000 locals protest against US beef import.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=5037524

* Japan also suspended beef from US

http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=4392

Just to make sure. The topic of this thread is, 'China bashing in the USA,' thus we would looking at what's happening in the USA that can be considered China bashing, and that only...unless we have some embedding on that, and I don't see any of that in the several above posts, so . . .

Banned
    China and America should get benefit from each other and prosper together.