Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology ?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I strongly believe in it

0 0%
  • I somewhat believe in it, to some extent

16 29.09%
  • I do not really believe in it, but I do read my horoscope from time to time

11 20.00%
  • Astrology is a pack of lies !

28 50.91%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in astrology ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do you believe in astrology ?

Millions of people read their horoscope every week or month, or just occasionally. Some people read it just for fun, but others do believe in it, or let themselves influenced by the predictions. Where do you position yourself ?

Studies have shown that people who believe most in astrology are non-practising religious people. Practising religious people tend to find comfort in the practice of their faith, wheras non-religious people tend not to believe in non-rational things.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

I read my horoscope from time to time. But I always wonder about all the different ways that people look at how their behaviour and personality traits are somehow entwined by different signs. As I wrote in another thread, I am o+ blood group which means something to the Japanese, I the Dog for the Chinese calendar, and a Virgo in astrology. Can you add up all these different signs? Is there a book that includes all of these things? I am just curious.
    I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it. ~Jack Handey

If astrology is ever accurate, it's by pure coincidence. 

I'm a Dragon, Libra, o+.... big deal. Astrology- a vain attempt to gain control over life's randomness. It is a pack of hooey.

a non member
    If I would read my Horoscope in the morning, than nothing of it will come true. But when I read it in the evening, sometimes certain things were true.

I'm a Capricorn/Aquarius due to being born on a cusp. Which is fun because the people who write the horoscope articles or whatever you call them, can't ever seem to figure out which one I actually am. One day I'm an Aquarius and the next I'm a Capricorn. But fortunately I don't believe in it.

Pink Lady's Number #1 Fan Flashjeff's Avatar
    I'm not all that big a believer in Astrology, but I read mine from time to time because I get a chuckle out of it. Nothing more.
    "It's better to try and fail than to never try at all."
    -Jeffrey C. Branch, crackpot philosopher

Interested in old school J-Pop? Please visit my website:
    Pink Lady: The Website!

Many thanks to Ayu-youkou for this mondo cool banner!

I don't believe in it.

Load of rubbish. How can a star hundreds or thousands of light years away affect your life? Now Pluto is no longer a planet does that mean all predictions using Pluto were wrong. Or how about before Pluto, Neptune and Uranus were discovered? Proves what tosh it is.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy

Banned
    2 words .... hocus pocus

my horoscope always says the opossite of me

Quote Originally Posted by Neto View Post
    my horoscope always says the opossite of me
    HAve you ever checked your ascendant?? XD

I think astrology has very good assertions when well consulted. Of course, to read your horoscope in a magazine that goes all over the world will hardly give you an accurate. I believe it is very real, int the past people new a lot of things from only watching the sky. And I also belive astrology is a forbidden science (yes, science) that goes along with adivination. It's forbidden in the Bible and I was once scared like Sht when I let a gypsy read my hand and all.. OH, I shouldnt have...
    I believe in the madness called "now"

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    And I also belive astrology is a forbidden science (yes, science) that goes along with adivination. It's forbidden in the Bible and ..
    Astrology gave rise to a science, Astronomy, but itself is not a science. It is superstition, plain and simple.
    There are a lot of things forbidden in the Bible, but I also regard that as full of superstition as some of you might know.

I don't really believe in astrology since my horoscope is always wrong.
    When you complain about the farmer try not to talk with your mouth full.

WçYeah... everyone's opinion. I don't read it that much, anyways, it's boring... so many super tiny letters... ugh.. Ok, sorry, offtopic. What I mean is that there are things on this world hard to explain.. like the aztec calendar...

I believe but then I don't. I am a Virgo and I have a very true Virgo type personality, but at the same time I don't let it affect my life. I don't go by day to day on my horoscope. I might only check it once a month if that.
    I seriously need a much cheaper hobby than the ones I have now.

a non member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana007 View Post
    I believe but then I don't. I am a Virgo and I have a very true Virgo type personality, but at the same time I don't let it affect my life.
    I agree with Nana, a Horoscope is great to get some advice from so now and then (sometimes they match with your personality) but you shouldn't life like your horoscope!

When looking at the personality traits for my horoscopes (Cancer, Dragon, A+), they're usually right on the dot. I "somewhat believe in it" as the poll choice said. I don't think it's a "science" exactly, but everything goes through cycles and I think Astrology plays off that. I do enjoy reading my horoscopes at night though to see if it corresponds to how my day went. 7/10 times they do, but I refuse to become dependant on them.
    Some people hold this type of thing close to them, like a religion, so tread softly ^^

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

It's sometimes easy to dismiss astrology as it appears so bizarre to look for guidance in the stars but has anyone ever noticed how some people fit perfectly into the stereotype?

No? Well...I have. When attempting to change a lightbulb, I fit it like a glove!

How many people does it take to Change a Lightbulb and Astrology

ARIES: Just one. Wanna make something of it?

TAURUS: Well, I prefer natural light if at all possible. Are you absolutely positive that lightbulb is burned out? I hate to throw it away if it still might be useful.

GEMINI: Probably one is best, because if there are more than one, they'll get so wrapped up in talking to each other that they'll forget all about the lightbulb.

CANCER: Only one, but three therapists will be needed to help with the grieving process. OR: Only one, as long as his mommy holds his hand.

LEO: Leos do not change their own lightbulbs. They find someone else to do it for them.

VIRGO: 1.11111119873, give or take .00000000000013%.

LIBRA: Well, I could do it, unless of course you'd prefer to do it, but you look sort of busy right now. What do you want to do?

SCORPIO: One, from across the room, if they've learned their teleporting lessons well enough.

SAGITTARIUS: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got the rest of our lives ahead of us and you're worrying about a stupid light bulb?

CAPRICORN: I don't have time for these foolish jokes.

AQUARIUS: Well, you see, energy is really matter and matter is really energy and light is a form of energy but the light bulb is matter, and--

PISCES:
    What light bulb?

Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    CANCER: Only one, but three therapists will be needed to help with the grieving process. OR: Only one, as long as his mommy holds his hand.
    LEO: Leos do not change their own lightbulbs. They find someone else to do it for them.
    My special friend is a Cancer and I find that he is close to his family especially to his Mom. I'm Leonine and yes if I can find somebody else to do the dirty work for me, why not? If not, then why not me? However, I have procrastination problems...
    That posterity may know we have not loosely through silence permitted things to pass away as in a dream. � Richard Hooker

Urm...I have a typical Pisces type personality. I believe astrology is accurate on that part. I do go by Chinese Astrology however. I find it more accurate than standard readings. But, I don't let astrology run my life as most do.

The personality does fit with me, I'm a libra who hates fighting and I'm the peacemaker between my friends. Now the horoscope itself is usually wrong for me.but since I rarely check (I remember in 6th grade, everyone was checking until we realize it was not true)
    (Got this from a friend who probably got this from a site: )
    "if barbie is so popular
    how come we have to
    buy all her friends?"

That bulb thing was funny...

anyways, distant stars seem to affect us, one way or another
    http://www.brightsurf.com/news/headl..._on_Earth.html

as for the Pluto - it is irrelevant whether it`s planet or planetoid

my horoscope is sometimes true and sometimes false

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast