Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Best of Japanese Literature

Arrow Best of Japanese Literature

I have created a short list of the most famous Japanese writers and a selection of my recommendation of books related to Japan on my site Maciamo Japan, section Literature.

I have added links to an online Encyclopedia for each famous author. Just click on the name to read about them. I've selected 2 books in average per author, trying to choose the most representative. Click on the book cover to get the summary and reviews (and order it if you live in the US).

I am going to add more free online reading provided I find some.

Enjoy yourself !

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

In the words of the ancients, one should make his decision within the space of seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break through to the other side. - Hagakure

Oho, what marvelous links you've there. I haven't had time to add Japanese links in the literature section yet, for my site is destined first to foreigners interested in Japan, but I take good note of those.

You're welcome ;)

Looks great in appearance and content, although some "representative" works jump out as slightly off beat ('Naomi' & 'Norwegian Wood' for the classics section in particular). And if you ever want to mix things up occasionally I'd suggest substituting more 'serious' works in the same general stylistic vein ('The Three Cornered World' for 'Botchan') or maybe something similarly themed but in a distinctively simpler or earlier style ('Confessions of a Mask' for 'Spring Snow', as an example).

Eagerly awaiting any free online reading you may stumble across in the meantime.
    Last edited by Elizabeth; Jun 9, 2003 at 10:25.

http://www.blackmask.com/page.php?do...string=0&mh=25

akutagawa free online...

Eagerly awaiting any free online reading you may stumble across in the meantime. [/B][/QUOTE]