Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Free Tibet!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Free Tibet!

As some of you may now i am an active advocate for those who are living under the thumb of oppression. I am going to take a stand and fight for Tibetan rights, because our government would rather support a peoples that want us dead (such as iraq).
    I became inspired and well educated when Lamas (Tibetan monks) ccame to visit my city. I became friends with the lamas, and soon realized that a people of peace are being slughtered with destructive mechanisms, such as torture and prolonged prison sentences for minuscule reasons.
    My question is, why has the US intervened with foreign conflict for so long (the war in the Philipines, the spanish-american war, the current war in iraq) but we fail to stand as an ally against Chinas Imperialist rule in Tibet.
    i have a few answers for that:
    The US sees no benefit for supporting Tibet in their time of need. The US sees that although Tibet is rich in natural resourses, we trade with other countries with little hassel.
    The war in iraq is a big step in the US's original 'anglo-saxon' imperialist movement. The US has tried to annex many self-suffiaciant, independant countries (Hawaii is one, well the US already has them though) mainly because of the resourses that they had to offer. The US sought an oppourtunity with Cuba, thus the spanish- american war, to annex Cuba because of the sugar-cane trade.
    The war in iraq at this point is most apprently futile, but the US still keeps on pushing for a democratic government when in reality the US is just looking for another country to trade with without being looked down on by the rest of the world stealing resourses (such is the case with China)
    i have many more reasons..........
    this post is not a debate post, nor is it to bash China as a whole. it is intended for the sole purpose of educating the peoples of the world on Tibets suffering peoples and the imperialist governements of the US and China.
    oh gotta go, the bell rang
    [===={''''//''''//''''//''''//''''}--------
    Ai Shi Te Ru. Ish Libe Dish. Lu'Bim Ta. Ti Amo.
    .Je T'aime. Ja Kocham Ciebie. Wo Ai Ni .Volim Te .Te Ubsec
    .I love you.

If you want to educate wouldn´t you need other opinions to make this more a more neutral text?
    Kommunism is like Carneval in Cologne everyone is drunk an no one works...

yes actually i am looking for people who are well familiar with tibets problems, oh the bell rang again have to go

Moved to China sub-fora.
    Do try to post in the right forum in future. Thank you
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy

well this is great so everyone wants to talk about some stupid jrock band........or how hot some dumb broad is........well apprently me in this forum is futile..........so i don't care about how many people comment or don't comment, because you are all lame!!
    no body cares about what i have to say so i suppose even this post will go unseen. whatever i am out of here...for good

Quote Originally Posted by retrodisease View Post
    well this is great so everyone wants to talk about some stupid jrock band........or how hot some dumb broad is........well apprently me in this forum is futile..........so i don't care about how many people comment or don't comment, because you are all lame!!
    no body cares about what i have to say so i suppose even this post will go unseen. whatever i am out of here...for good
    Don't get arsey because you posted in the wrong forum. If you notice the music threads have their own forum and are posted there. If they are posted in the wrong forum they are moved to the correct one. Same goes with any other threads, which this was one.
    Another piece of advice. Lose the attitude just because you made a mistake.

I don't know where you posted this originally, but does the China forum not make sense for a discussion about Chinese matters? The Chinese have considered Tibet a part of China for centuries; saying "free Tibet" to them would be like telling Americans to "free Massachussetts."

The human rights violation is the biggest Chinese issue that is quietly swept under the table. China is a huge power, both economically and militarily, and America, who has already spread her vast resources too thin, needs all the allies she can get. Getting on China's back right now for Tibet's sake, or for the sake of human rights in general, could dissolve an economic and political partnership that is currently extremely benefiticial (especially considering the current six-point talks with Korea). I'm afraid you have the wrong impression of how foreign policy works; it's never been about doing the right thing, or helping out the underdog. It's about protecting our interests.

Also, I'm surprised at how bitterly you take a simple administrative action to correct your mistake. The entire reason we have subforums is so discussions can be held in the appropriate place. This "screw you guys, I'm going home" attitude is childish and overly dramatic. Do try to grow up a bit before you decide to come back.