Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have we discussed it all ?

Shall I say what I think?

I love discussions, I get high on debates and I get off on.. Um.. Well, anything that tickles my curiosity and encourages critical thinking.

All I could have add until now to this forum (in my perspective) is my experiences with/in Japan. Being one of the few (or only?) half-Japanese person on this forum I feel I can be critical about Japan because I know a large part of the good sides and the bad sides of the subject.

However, lately I have turned a bit to the negative, too-critical side of the coin.. "Disillusioned" maybe, with Japan. I don't feel I can add something of content to the ongoing discussions anymore.

And, as I said earlier, some incidents "disillusioned" me with this forum. I really like many of you, and you are very smart and well-educated.. But hey, sh!t happens.

So as for now and the time to come, I'll just be posting happy thoughts on not-so-serious topics and enjoy myself!!

� ばよ〜だ!(笑)

CC1's 6 page thread on "Why do so many foreigners marry Japanese women?" tells me that no, we haven't discussed it all yet. Still room for more discussion on a variety of topics.
    Do What You Love And You'll Never Work Another Day In Your Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Pachipro View Post
    CC1's 6 page thread on "Why do so many foreigners marry Japanese women?" tells me that no, we haven't discussed it all yet. Still room for more discussion on a variety of topics.
    There have been countless threads about Japanese women and Western men, and this particular thread of CC1 was one of those that gave me that "warmed up" feeling (as well as others about the Japan-China relations, xenophobia, etc.). It is because I have replied some many times to similar topics that I was able to write a concise summary of my views so easily and without much reflection or hesitation.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Frank White's idea is great! I quite like it. Although to be honest, I just don't have the cash to buy new books, as well as the fact that for novels, I am a poor poor reviewer. I would be far more interested in books like Tokyo Underground, Dogs and Demons, books on history, zen, yakuza, the prevalence of Otakuism here (I refer more to a lot of the Japanese men's tendencies to get extremely geeky about something), etc.

Some of Yukio Michael's suggested topics are also of interest. I would definitely at the very least read some of the topics, even if I didn't have anything to add. I am still feeling my way about a lot of Japanese issues, and I don't have an opinion I could call solid like I do with issues like religion and some parts of philosophy.
    "The whole purpose of religion is to facilitate love and compassion, patience, tolerance, humility, forgiveness."
    --H.H. the Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    There have been countless threads about Japanese women and Western men, and this particular thread of CC1 was one of those that gave me that "warmed up" feeling (as well as others about the Japan-China relations, xenophobia, etc.). It is because I have replied some many times to similar topics that I was able to write a concise summary of my views so easily and without much reflection or hesitation.
    Is that really such a revelation ? No matter how obscure the topic, serious threads don't always end so well. ;). Anything that doesn't raise a big stink or trap members in their crossfire will (not coincidentally) attract a few new voices. That is a significant cause for celebration. Stop the fighting and they will come. .

I'll try to do my part by reviving one or two on the order of those in Maciamo's initial post.

Possibly, but on the one hand, this is a forum for religion discussions. Two, people's beliefs shape shape a lot of who they are and that does tend to leak into other areas of interest, so there could easily be argument about other topics if two people's worldviews were on opposite ends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12