Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How different is American-Chinese food from real Chinese food ?

If you live in Europe, the best Chinese (especially HKnese) cuisine is in Chinatown London!
    In most other European countries, Chinese restaurants are usually offering westernized Chinese food.
    If you want eat Chinese food with good quality I can recomment you trying them (too many choices) in Hong Kong and Taiwan. In (mainland) China, there are also great and even elite cuisines but many are still not at high standards yet, especially the cheaper ones.
    Chinese food has a very big inventory to display, since it contains so many provinces with their own local food. Some of the most famous are Beijing Duck, MaPoTofu from Sichuan, TsaSao and DimSum from Guangdong etc.

The bandwith of the Chinese cuisine is so huge, that you definetly will find things you love and things you hate

Banned
    I see,so it's the same in Europe continent where you only get usual westernized Chinese food not authentic original tastes.

I've eaten the real chinese food by some friends of mine that are from china...nothing compare with the one eaten in restaurant ;)

kanadian
    I like Chinese food.I dont mind the Western version of it.
    Either way...it is good ! I wish I had someone to teach me how
    to make Chinese food and make it good !

In China ,every area has different appetite.I am now in the east of China.it is closely to Shanghai.In my city ,everyone would like to eat a little sweety dishes,white rice and delicious soup and so on .In the north of China,there people would like to eat food made from wheat as their dinner.It is very interesting .Welcome to China to realize her's presence .
    lena

Who is Number One? EmperorHirohito's Avatar
    I love Chinese food, but over here in the UK Chinese restuarants did have a bad name say twenty years ago, but due to better standards of hygiene we have in this country the whole scene of take away food has got alot better, which is very good. I am very partial to most of the rice dishes and chow mein dishes, which I love.

As for stir frys I do have two woks in this house which get used on a regular basis
    Water water everywhere, and all the boards did shrink,

Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

Missing a marble or two.. Mothling's Avatar
    There are a large selection of Chinese restaurants in my home-city, and I have eaten at pretty much all of them at least once. My favourite place though is a small establishment which serves the most delicious food, and ironically, I (and whomever I may bring with me) seem to be the only western person eating in there. Everybody else is asian. This, I am taking,is a good sign - food-authenticity-wise!

I am Chinese, I like Chinese food very much. I have read every friends' message, thanks for your praise about Chinese food. There are many kind of food, it is very difficult for me to describe them here. I hope every one will come to China, and then go to everywhere to play and eat. I am sure that you will have a happy trip here.

Post A guide to Chinese food and cuisine

When it comes to food, the Chinese have a common saying, "The masses regard food as their heaven," which means that food is people's primal want. There are a lot of different dishes on the menu around the country. Just learn more about Chinese food and cuisine at China Fact Tours.

I have never been abroad and have no chance to eat such food.But I am a Chinese CI can eat the more traditional food here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12