Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Walk softly, and carry a big wallet

  1. #1
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137

    Walk softly, and carry a big wallet

    Walk softly, and carry a big wallet

    Wu Chen, CFO Magazine
    August 01, 2006

    The social tension that simmers beneath the rich/poor divide in China is now spilling over into foreign acquisitions. Some farmer-led protests against new developments have turned violent. Populist local economists and commentators have been attracting media attention by accusing the central government of selling valuable assets to foreign firms at huge discounts. Banking M&As are a typical target, because China had spent close to $45 billion to recapitalize some banks before selling small chunks of them to the likes of Bank of America and HSBC. No protests aimed at foreign acquirers have yet taken place, but the government is mindful of popular sentiment.

    You can read the rest here.
    pa Republic of Taiwan.
    Freedom for Taiwan.

  2. #2
    Banned ricecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13, 2006
    Location
    Dublin,California
    Posts
    174
    How about some threads about Taiwan ROC's president Chen Siu Bian facing impeachment call and his son-inlaw indicted for dirty money laundry and sentenced to jail recently.A-Bian's family definitely qualifies as " rogue element " in the DDP,reportedly abused presidential privileges.


    What a lost soul,a psychological twisted Jap-wanese

  3. #3
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137
    I won't post Taiwanese news here unless it's in some way related to China.

  4. #4
    Banned ricecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13, 2006
    Location
    Dublin,California
    Posts
    174
    Taiwan is part of China,an island province worth take notice for it's place in the " third world country " club appparently fell behind S Korea in the past 10 years with DDP exhausting quality time bickering with motherland instead of concentrate on advancing economic developments.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    Taiwan is part of China,an island province worth take notice for it's place in the " third world country "
    I am ethnically Taiwanese. Taiwan is not really a part of China anymore, but China wants to recapture, oppress and control it. Taiwan is a developed country like Japan, America and European countries.

  6. #6
    Banned ricecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13, 2006
    Location
    Dublin,California
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang

    (1) I am Taiwanese,Taiwan is not really a part of China.

    (2) Taiwan is a developed country like Japan, America and European countries.
    (1) Chinese living in Hong Kong are " Hong Kong'ers ",both mainland and Taiwan island Chinese have been referring them as such in private conversations and media outlets.Your family and all other Han Chinese descendants weren't part of Taiwan's indigenous population,fakely play " natives " in a stolen land though.

    (2) Taiwan is lowly third world economy lost technological edge big time to S Korea in recent years with large population of Hokkien-speaking country hicks populated southern half of the island.Making China look bad won't elevate Taiwan world status to the " developed nations " club where it truly doesn't qualifiy.

    ROFLMAO ..... roll on floor laugh my *** off ....

    You've just revealed your deep-seated inferiority complex,truly ashamed of low third world status for Taiwan island.
    Last edited by ricecake; Aug 6, 2006 at 05:00.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    (1)Your family and all other Han Chinese descendants weren't part of Taiwan's indegenous population,fakely play " natives " in a stolen land.
    Taiwanese citizens are Taiwanese, NOT Chinese.

    The Taiwanese people (native aborigines, descendents of Fujianese and Hakka immigrants and more recent Chinese immigrants) have struggled to form a democratic, prosperous and peace-loving country...

    Taiwanese are not Chinese. Taiwanese people have the right to affirm their identity, culture, heritage, and languages, free from Chinese harrassment.
    We have our own languages, customs, history and traditions.

    Taiwanese people have a right to live with dignity and determine their own future free from China's intimidation!


    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    (
    (2) Taiwan is lowly third world nation lost technological edge to S Korea with large population of Hokkien-speaking country hicks in southern half of the island.
    That's nonsense, losing some technology doesn't turn a country into a third world country.

  8. #8
    Banned ricecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13, 2006
    Location
    Dublin,California
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang
    [B]

    (1) Taiwanese citizens are Taiwanese,NOT Chinese.

    (2) We have our own languages, customs, history and traditions.

    (3)That's nonsense, losing some technology doesn't turn a country into a third world country.
    (1) Taiwan's passport clearly written as " Republic of China ",that's CHINA.

    (2) It's Han Chinese dialects my Taiwan-born Fujian descent my sister-inlaw and all my Taiwan friends speak.Taiwan history has been written as part of China.It's mostly Chinese traditions and customs you practice daily,including your family's language and foods.Oh,you forgot to bring up " betel nuts " ... you know what,chewing " betel nuts " is a long tradition of mainland Chinese aboriginal minority Zhuang people heavily populate China's Kwangxi province.Vietnam's indigenous women also chew " betel nuts " blacken their teeth.My Taiwan-born sister-inlaw once told me,it's mainly her low economic class Taiwan brethren's snack.

    (3) ...... You're talking nonsense indeed.Taiwan has been a " third world economy " with no upwardmobility in sight as the pro-TI fanatically consume with battling PRC much is self-inflicted,no helps from Jap-wanese's " godfather " Yamato race.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    (1) Taiwan's passport clearly written as " Republic of China ",that's CHINA.
    First of all Taiwanese passports don't say PEOPLE"S REPUBLIC OF CHINA. Which means that it are already to separate entities with different names.

    Secondly if the PRC wasn't against freedom and not bullying Taiwan all the time then Taiwan would have already changed it's official name and become a complete, official independent country a couple of years ago.


    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    (2) It's Han Chinese dialects my Taiwan-born Fujian descent my sister-inlaw and all my Taiwan friends speak.Taiwan history has been written as part of China.
    It's mostly Chinese traditions and customs you practice daily,including your family's language and foods.Oh,you forgot to bring up " betel nuts " ... you know what,chewing " betel nuts " is a long tradition of mainland Chinese aboriginal minority Zhuang people heavily populate China's Kwangxi province.
    That doesn't matter at all. That's like saying because America has a lot of European cultural influence and many millions of ethnic Europeans plus it has English as it's main language that it should be owned by Europe which is absurd.


    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    (3) ...... You're talking nonsense indeed.Taiwan has been a " third world economy ",no helps from Jap-wanese's " godfather " Yamato race
    With your remarks such as these show is that you really are a spammer, anti-freedom person who posts nonsense and insults people.

  10. #10
    Banned ricecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13, 2006
    Location
    Dublin,California
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang

    (1) First of all Taiwanese passports don't say PEOPLE"S REPUBLIC OF CHINA.

    (2) you really are a spammer.
    (1) Read the underlined word in your own written post,there is only ONE China regardless.

    (2) Eat your words,close to 99% of your posts here are news articles you constantly come here to spam unlike me have interests in Japan and Japanese culture.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    Read the underlined word in your own written post.
    1) You should learn how to read a complete name. The complete name is Republic of China.
    That is a different type of name then People's Republic of China.

    2) And like I said earlier Taiwan would have most likely officially changed it's name a couple of years ago if China wasn't bullying it all the time.


    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    Eat your words,close to 99% of your posts here are news articles you constantly come here to spam unlike me have interests in Japan and Japanese culture.
    1) No, you should eat your own lies and pro-oppression statements. I absolutely have a lot of interest in Japan and Japanese culture. You don't know exactly what my interests are. Now you're claiming I'm not interested in Japan which is a complete lie.

  12. #12
    Banned ricecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13, 2006
    Location
    Dublin,California
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang

    (1) your own lies and pro-oppression statements.

    (2) I absolutely have a lot of interest in Japan and Japanese culture.
    (1) I have no lies to hide as I openingly proclaimed a notorious anti-Communist in a few of my recent posts here.My statements are first and foremost pro-Chinese not PRC or KMT.

    (2) hehe ..... ..... hehe .... what a funny twisted way to show your interests in Japan with spammed anti-China cut/pasted news articles,and rarely participated in topics relate to Japanese culture.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    I have no lies to hide as I openingly proclaimed a notorious anti-Communist in a few of my recent posts here.
    (1) Ifm not talking about lies to hide. I was referring to you saying things that are not true and therefore lies.


    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    My statements are first and foremost pro-Chinese not PRC or KMT.
    (1) People donft have to be pro-forced, oppressive unity to be pro-chinese.


    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    (2) hehe ..... ..... hehe .... what a funny twisted way to show your interests in Japan with spammed anti-China cut/pasted news articles,and rarely participated in topics relate to Japanese culture.
    (1) hehe ..... I read a lot of articles and discussions here.

    (2) Like I stated before news is often negative and that doesnft make the person who posts it against something.

  14. #14
    Banned ricecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13, 2006
    Location
    Dublin,California
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang

    I知 not talking about lies to hide.I was referring to you saying things that are not true and therefore lies.
    hehe ..... ..... hehe ..... You and some other pro-TI psychological fanatics absolutely hide " lies " about Taiwan not culturally related to China's Han Chinese.Taiwan island still uses Chinese language,eat Chinese foods,speak Chinese dialects,Chinese entertaiments,celebrate lunar Chinese new year plus all other traditional holidays and many more too numerous to list.

    There are over 1 million Taiwan Chinese presently living inside mainland China,some are staying as long term residents.Your compatriots surely have no fears of Communism there.Many million marriages between mainland Chinese and Taiwan Chinese and have children on both sides of Taiwan Straits.

    I am say these words here,are these lies ?

    Funny,you have no desires stayed back in your homeland lowly third world Taiwan island,instead propagate pro-TI stance on Japan forum in France.What kind of twisted-mindset is that,go figure.

    What a psychological twisted lost soul.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    hehe ..... ..... hehe ..... You and some other pro-TI psychological fanatics absolutely hide " lies " about Taiwan not culturally related to China's Han Chinese.
    Taiwan island still uses Chinese language,eat Chinese foods,speak Chinese dialects,Chinese entertaiments,celebrate lunar Chinese new year plus all other traditional holidays and many more too numerous to list..
    There are over 1 million Taiwan Chinese presently living inside mainland China,some are staying as long term residents.Your compatriots surely have no no fears of Communism there.Many million marriages between mainland Chinese and Taiwan Chinese and have children on both sides of Taiwan Straits.
    Taiwan island still uses Chinese language,eat Chinese foods,speak Chinese dialects,Chinese entertaiments,celebrate lunar Chinese new year plus all other traditional holidays and many more too numerous to list..
    I never said Taiwan didn't have any similar cultural things as china. This is all seperate from deciding the future of Taiwan by the people who are Taiwanese citizens themselves.

    What you fail to understand is that having cultural similarities is no legal reason whatsoever to justify the forceful take over of a land and it's people who donft want to be ruled by them.


    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    I am say these words here,are these lies ?
    Are you talking to yourself or something?


    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    Funny,you have no desires stayed back in your homeland lowly third world Taiwan island
    You don't know anything about my life so don't make stupid jokes about things you don't know anything about. And I told you already Taiwan is a developed country. Are you stupid or something.


    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    instead propagate pro-TI stance on Japan forum in France.What kind of twisted-mindset is that,go figure.
    What a psychological twisted lost soul.
    A just as I expected more of your insults. It seems like that's what you're good at insulting people and talking to yourself.

  16. #16
    Banned ricecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13, 2006
    Location
    Dublin,California
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang

    (1) You should learn how to read a complete name. The complete name is Republic of China.
    (1) I thought you're " brain-dead ",you still have little common sense left can acknowledged and recognized there is a country named Republic of China in existence.This political entity relentlessly striving for " re-unification " with mainland China in due time whenever possible.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    (1) I thought you're " brain-dead ",you still have little common sense left can acknowledged and recognized there is a country named Republic of China in existence.This political entity relentlessly striving for " re-unification " with mainland China in due time whenever possible.
    I thought youfre being paid by the chinese Communist Party to spread their garbage propaganda. You're talking out of your a$$. Taiwan doesn't want to be ruled over by a foreign, oppressive, undemocratic, heavily overpopulated, bubble economy empire that is the People's Republic of China.

  18. #18
    Banned ricecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13, 2006
    Location
    Dublin,California
    Posts
    174
    This Japan-oriented forum has a small audience of common folks compare to world's 6 billions,none of us can influence what major powers do.

    USA can sell out Taiwan quicker than you turn your back,for a hefty reward at the expense of Chinese people of-course.

    Taiwan is just " a peg " on the chess board with 2 players PRC and USA plus Japan as a bystander.

    You only embarrassed your " ugly Chinese " self by spamming this forum with anti-Chinese sentiments.


    What a psychological sore loser

  19. #19
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    This Japan-oriented forum has a small audience of common folks compare to world's 6 billions,none of us can influence what major powers do.
    Did I ever say we could influence what major powers could do?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    You only embarrassed your " ugly Chinese " self by spamming this forum with anti-Chinese sentiments.
    I'm not ugly at all. You're stupid person who keeps insulting. I told you many times already most news is negative and that doesn't mean the person who posts it is against a country at all. However I know you're stupid so you won't understand this.

  20. #20
    Banned ricecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13, 2006
    Location
    Dublin,California
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang

    I thought youre being paid by the chinese Communist Party.
    I wouldn't and couldn't have been,for I am a true believer in democracy.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Wang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2004
    Location
    Originally from Taiwan
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    I wouldn't and couldn't have been,for I am a true believer in democracy.
    Lol. If you truly believe in democracy and freedom then you shouldn't be so concerned about Taiwan which wants to decide it's own future by the citizens of Taiwan.

  22. #22
    The Hairy Wookie Mycernius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 4, 2005
    Location
    Hometown of George Eliot
    Age
    51
    Posts
    125
    Insults and flaming will not be tolerated. This thread is locked.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •