Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Chinese black helicopters circle Google Earth

Chinese black helicopters circle Google Earth

Chinese black helicopters circle Google Earth

Mystery military project wows the crowd

By Lester Haines
    Published Wednesday 19th July 2006 08:35 GMT

Those among you who like your skies darkened by black helicopters are invited to mosey on down to the remote Chinese village of Huangyangtan which hosts what must be the strangest military installation ever spotted spotted by the Google Earth Community:

Zooming in for a closer look, we have what appears to be a 900x700m scale model of a mountainous landscape...

...complete with lakes, valleys and snow-capped peaks:

Truly bizarre. Google Earth aficionados can examine the evidence for themselves here (.kmz) while wondering what on Earth, or where on Earth for that matter, this remarkable landscaping project is.

Go here to read the rest.
    台湾共和国 Republic of Taiwan.
    Freedom for Taiwan.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    Thats pretty darn wierd...heh.

Did you hear about the swastika fountain in Belgium?

They're gonna have it rebuilt now because of protests.. The architect is understandably upset about it.
    Oops, gotta go before the off-topic police catches me!!

Speaking of off-topic google earth, there's a 75' x 110' picture of Eva Longoria out in the Nevada desert:

http://maximonline.com/maximusa/Maxim_Cover.kml

Quote Originally Posted by leonmarino

They're gonna have it rebuilt now because of protests.. The architect is understandably upset about it.
    Haha, that place is in Maasmechelen, 10 min driving from my place I went checking it 2 weeks ago, and indeed it's a swastika...I was about to go complain with my friend myself
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

You better not come to Japan, thats called a manji (まんじ 卍) and its not too strange to see it around the place
    Leon - http://www.leonjp.com
    Expat Japan! - http://forums.expatjapan.net
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを

Manji have an inverted design...

え!?マンジ!?

「え!?マジ!?」のしゃれ・・Just a lame joke folks.

Wang, where do you see black helicopters on your pictures ?
    Quote Originally Posted by leonmarino
    The swastika is originally and still mainly a Hindu and Buddhist symbol. Who protested against that ?

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    The swastika is originally and still mainly a Hindu and Buddhist symbol. Who protested against that ?
    Well, somebody told the mayor (a Christian Democrat) apparently, and now he's going to have it rebuilt.
    The architect also argues that Hindu's and even the ancient Greeks (I don't know if that's true) used the symbol.. Here's the news article in Dutch if you can read that.

Regardless of its original meaning, the swastika in western civilization has come to have very negative and unpleasant connotations and any architect outside of Asia would be well advised not to use it in their designs.

The topic of this thread is misleading, but apparently the IT doof who titled the original article came up with the title, not Wang.

a non member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    Wang, where do you see black helicopters on your pictures ?

Well it is in Belgium, and not in Asia, so I think it is logical people are protesting against it.

* there is a small shrine 5min away from my house that have 2 big swastika flags.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    Maciamo, I think black helicopters is just a saying, like "The men in black".

When something wierd/out the ordinary and/or suspicious is noticed its like a conspiracy theory that has black helicopters or something.

Meh I aint good at describing it, but I hope you get where I'm going with that.

Also I read on the article its a highly detailed perfect scale model of a disputed border area with China and India (funny, since that Area is infact if anything part of Tibet, not part of China...well...in a perfect world) thats used for training pilots or something.

Looks like you could have some fun war-games on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Baka
    Well it is in Belgium, and not in Asia, so I think it is logical people are protesting against it.
    However I am pretty sure that there are more Buddhists and Hindus in Europe nowadays than Nazis...

...er...will all due respect, the "manji" cross and the Nazi cross are inverted (perhaps my first message was not clear enough...or is it me who don't understand that everybody already got it?). The cross on the picture is really a Nazi cross, and not the "manji" symbol, so of course should be modified (my own opinion)...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamoru-kun
    ...er...will all due respect, the "manji" cross and the Nazi cross are inverted (perhaps my first message was not clear enough...or is it me who don't understand that everybody already got it?). The cross on the picture is really a Nazi cross, and not the "manji" symbol, so of course should be modified (my own opinion)...
    Even if it vaguely resembles a Nazi-cross (from the ground you can't see it) I think it is very far-fetched to destroy it and rebuild it. The architect didn't mean to confer a Nazi-ideological message.

Well, the problem is now that more and more people will go there "because" of that "unseen" symbol, and days afters days the whole meaning of that place may change. And I'm not speaking about the neo-nazi groups which may decided that particular place as their "meeting spot" in the future...:-|

Quote Originally Posted by Mamoru-kun
    Well, the problem is now that more and more people will go there "because" of that "unseen" symbol, and days afters days the whole meaning of that place may change. And I'm not speaking about the neo-nazi groups which may decided that particular place as their "meeting spot" in the future...:-|
    Well if the mayor had said "no way we're rebuilding it, because the architect didn't mean anything wrong with it", the case would have been closed.

Now they're going to have it rebuilt, architect is angry, it comes out in the news, everyone sees it, some protest, some don't, but in any way the whole "Nazi" and "Swastika" thing will get more media-coverage and attention than otherwise, which will most probably persuade some weak-minded kids joining some stupid movement etc.. "There's no such thing as bad publicity", and that also counts for Nazism and such.