Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Are Chinese more favourable towards Americans or Japanese?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Americans

25 62.50%
  • Japanese

15 37.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are Chinese more favourable towards Americans or Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli View Post
    If you remember the thread about Japanese and the rest of Asia, it's not only Chinese who need to stop being close-minded, in a friendship it takes two, at least. There's enough brainwashing in many countries against some other countries. Even Chinese media stopped calling America "Imperialist" but China is often called "Communist", even if a report has nothing to do with politics. Are American media objective towards China or Russia?
    I totally agree with your point. I was astonished by how NBC portrayed China during the Olympic Games. During the Opening Ceremony, the NBC commentator kept talking about political issues while athletes were marching. As an ordinary viewer who cares more about sports, NBC's politically colored coverage was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by simonwu View Post
    I think there is a lack of communication between Japan and China. For most Chinese people, they don't know anyone from Japan.
    So Chinese and Japanese people need more communication so that we can live together better.
    Ordinary people are the bridge. In this day and age, all the info is available through the internet, movies, books, magazines, private correspondence, etc. No reason for not knowing better your neigbours, if one wants to know them.
    千里の道も一歩より始まる。
    ---
    私に日本語を教えてくれば、ロシア語を教えて� げます 。
    Chinese Language and Chinese Culture
    ---
    Eastern Hemisphere

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli View Post
    Ordinary people are the bridge. In this day and age, all the info is available through the internet, movies, books, magazines, private correspondence, etc. No reason for not knowing better your neigbours, if one wants to know them.
    That is true, but it is also true that majority of Chinese people will not have Japanese as friends in near future. Also, the majority of Japanese people do not have American friends, but somehow they still love America.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit View Post

Also, the majority of Japanese people do not have American friends, but somehow they still love America.

I think it's bondage of vassal dependency.

Well, I'm Chinese, and from my view point, the younger generation tends to lean more to Japanese, while the older generation absolutely detest them (with what the NanKing massacre, WWII, what do you expect?).
    Towards American culture, well, I'm not sure; i grew up in Canada, so it's always been there, no hype about it.

As for 'stop living in the past', well it's sort of hard, isn't it? My grandmother lived through the time when the Japanese came to Taiwan; she learned how to fire a gun and throw grenades from those times. My father, who grew up after the Japanese left, knows the hardship of what the country was going through.

Three generations later, the younger generation, namely, students my age, still know of their cruelty through our older family members. Perhaps we will move on when time moves on, and washes away all that blood still remains today.

NOTE: I didn't read the entire thread..

Other than WW2, I don't see why Chinese hate Japanese. The reason China don't really like China is the same as to why Russia doesn't like USA. Who doesn't want to be world No.1?!

Wrong answer, where's the source for this claim? --

In our country,most people would like to American rather than Japan.we are also have more advantage information for american.but Japan also is a good area to familiar with and learn.

crazy post lol!!! hi i am chinese and i don't like japan nor america. hahahaha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123