Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Negative, postive or informative ?

I would like to announce that I have removed all users who joined the forum on JREF (before the split) and never posted on or visited the Eupedia Forum. Naturally, all the members who have participated in threads here before the split cannot be removed without compromising the threads in which they participated. Members who have never posted but did visit Eupedia (i.e. expressed some interest) after the split were not removed either.

After reading the message, it makes no sense. It only talks about removing members...not banning them! Must be a problem with my understanding of the English language. But, as I said, not a problem.

Non-Member
    Yes, CC1 is right. I PMed Thomas and asked to be removed from Eupedia. If you look at any of my posts there, I was not banned, but I was definately removed.

CCI and I are the only ones I'm aware of that have received bans. Other JREF members no longer registered at Eupedia were apparently removed through request or involuntarily through a purging of the rolls.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth
    CCI and I are the only ones I'm aware of that have received bans. Other JREF members no longer registered at Eupedia were apparently removed through request or involuntarily through a purging of the rolls.
    Could you 2 share with the rest of us here the "dirty secrets" why you were banned......... ,

Are you two into some kind of long distance hanky panky that you took over to Europe?

I would guess that you would need to search the forums for all posts made by either of us and find the questionable ones...of which there are none.

It boils down to the fact that Maciamo just doesn't like people who disagree with him.

Banned
    I know, but I came to a huge realization that no matter what he does he can't take away my dignity or spirit.

And I am trying to keep a sense of humour, now when I think of him, I just see him as..................

It's a ghost town in Europe these days. Apparently no one else finds it interesting either to be there without us. Wow, such power we wield.

Banned
    It's a ghost town in Europe these days. Apparently no one else finds it interesting either to be there without us. Wow, such power we wield.
    And that I think is the answer to the million dollar question of why things around here get goofy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikawa Ossan
    Yes, CC1 is right. I PMed Thomas and asked to be removed from Eupedia. If you look at any of my posts there, I was not banned, but I was definately removed.
    That was Thomas' mistake. He shouldn't have done that. People who don't want to participate on Eupedia anymore but have posted there before should be banned, otherwise it creates problems with the database, as with your old posts and Mike Cash's old posts. Thomas didn't even consult me before doing this, although he does not take care of Eupedia otherwise. Talk about one-way decision ! Unlike splitting or deleting threads, deleting members from the database is irreversible, and it does compromise whole threads.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by CC1
    I would guess that you would need to search the forums for all posts made by either of us and find the questionable ones...of which there are none.

It boils down to the fact that Maciamo just doesn't like people who disagree with him.
    Many posts in this thread and a few recent others about me (even behind my back) are questionable and this goes well beyond disagrement...

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    Many posts in this thread and a few recent others about me (even behind my back) are questionable and this goes well beyond disagrement...

Please explain how I can make posts behind your back? This is a public forum, not IM!

Banned
    Thomas didn't even consult me before doing this, although he does not take care of Eupedia otherwise. Talk about one-way decision !
    Since you brought this one up there is one question I have for you;

"Do you consult with Thomas before you start any administrating here?

This sounds like something that should be handled between the two of you and not on the open board.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    Some people have criticised me for being too negative ..

I think you are a great person ever since I first read your posts years ago. At first I was acting like a child on the forum and you all were the ones that helped me grow up and be more respectful. In a way you could say you changed my life for the better I mean I still do some not-so-nice stuff offline but from where I used to be to where I am now on the forum is me a lot more respecting of others. Thanks again Moderators.

Josh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocities
    Thanks again Moderators.
    I'm sure you are aware that there are huge differences between the Moderator's and Admin here.
    Last edited by changedonrequest; Jul 24, 2006 at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Hachiro
    "Do you consult with Thomas before you start any administrating here?
    Thomas administrates and nothing but that, he doesn't moderate. He thinks as an administrator he should only bother about the technical wellbeing of Jref. So there you go.
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

a non member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hachiro

This sounds like something that should be handled between the two of you and not on the open board.

AGREE on this !!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RockLee
    Thomas administrates and nothing but that, he doesn't moderate. He thinks as an administrator he should only bother about the technical wellbeing of Jref. So there you go.
    Rock thanks for the reply;

Be nice if the other "half" of the team would take the same approach and leave the "moderating" to the Mod's. I think that would save many a headache and misunderstandings amongst everyone.

I am sure everyone is quite familiar with the term micro-managing. From my perspective the Mod's here do a pretty decent and efficient job, even when I dont always agree with their opinions.... Be nice to let them be able to do their jobs without having to look over their shoulders all the time.

Having two or more co-heads running any organization or company is usually a recipe for disaster, especially as well as it appears these two knew each other when Thomas brought him on as a full partner.

Having two or more co-heads running any organization or company is usually a recipe for disaster, especially as well as it appears these two knew each other when Thomas brought him on as a full partner.
    Would Thomas bring in someone he didn't know?

Armand's Rancho del Cielo

Quote Originally Posted by ArmandV
    Would Thomas bring in someone he didn't know?
    From what I've been told and what should be obvious to everyone is he didn't know him as well as he does now. At least that is the most diplomatic way I can phrase it.

From what I've been told and what should be obvious to everyone is he didn't know him as well as he does now. At least that is the most diplomatic way I can phrase it.
    That goes for both, if I may add

You may add.

But I can guess which has caused the other the most headaches and regrets.

You Reap What You Sow!

If proper action would've been taken at the beginning, things might have turned out different.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RockLee
    You Reap What You Sow!

If proper action would've been taken at the beginning, things might have turned out different.
    Is that an assumption that things can not change now?

Things CAN change, and I hope they will.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast