Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genetic origin of Chinese people

Scientist
    I don't think you can have a look, because you need a permission from administrator, and the majority of forumers are based around US, and Australia.

Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    One European administrator of this forum fully acknowledged Japanese and Koreans SHARED SAME FAMILY ROOTS with Han Chinese historically,culturally and genetically in many posts.
    Majority of internet surfers aren't as ignorant as you think.
    So which "antholopogy" forum did you go? I can probably help them to share our ideas with "your" forum.

Also, your reply do not make much sense. How will the one person's view reflect the overall majority of internet population? I cannot make any comments, because I don't think I've been to your "forum" (I mentioned "group", didn't I?) yet.

What " anthropology ",as you know nothing of it.

No Europeans,Japanese,and majority healthy-minded S koreans take interest in the FICTITIOUS THEORY of Han Chinese of blah blah blah origin,it's A NOW GENERIC RACE relates to many nationalities on this earth including Arabs and Europeans plus Jews.

One recent news article reported Chinese race has 12% CAUCASOID BLOOD.
    Last edited by ricecake; Jun 15, 2006 at 11:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmo
    I presume that both japanese and korean have different perspectives. It seems that Han chinese out of South East Asia theory is well accepted by internet community, but it is not me who propagated that "not-far-from-true" hypothesis.
    What " hypothesis ",AFRICA for where all humans originated IS THE TRUTH not just far from true.

Some Japanese scientists in the 1980's BELIEVED Japanese ancestors were from this one " tattoo'ed " tribe in Burma of SE Asia.So what,we Chinese and Koreans ARE CULTURALLY,HISTORICALLY AND GENETICALLY RELATED TO Japanese regardless as for you Viets are of TRUE SE Asian indigenous origin same as blood-siblings Thais,and Laotians plus beloved half-lings Cambodians.

What internet community .... YOU and a few spiteful S Koreans ?

Funny,you talked as if you've successfully " duped " ignorant internet junkies with relentless constantly postings of repeated message like " Han Chinese came from SE Asia " all over Asian forums.Trust me,very few people take interest in it.This world has over 6 billion people,those several Asian forums you've been working get total of a few thousand active members with a fraction care to know about Chinese origin.

Believe me,I know you're a Viet as only Viets HATING Chinese for social rejection as equals.It's EXTREMELY PAINFUL for Viets to witness we Chinese generally EMBRACE CLOSENESS toward Japanese and Koreans,for Viets never want to associate with own blood-siblings Thais,Laotians,Cambodians plus a few southern Chinese aboriginal minorities out of DESPISE OWN HERITAGE.

If I may interrupt here, please. . .

With all due respect for both parties in the discussion at the moment, I wish to ask that we spend a little time to at least try to think about the concept that the other party is presenting, making every attempt to look at it from that angle (not meaning agreeing or accepting, necessarily) IN ORDER to keep the emotional element as low as possible.

I really hope that the discussion can go more smoothly and with greater empathy, yet will admit (of course and honestly) that it is only my concern--not that I am in any position of authority. MM

Question is .... what does Chinese origin have to do with this thread ?

Nearly ALL POSTS written by him CENTERED ON " Chinse origin " in the last 6 months since he signed up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmo
    I don't think you can have a look, because you need a permission from administrator, and the majority of forumers are based around US, and Australia.
    I didn't think you're in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    Question is .... what does Chinese origin have to do with this thread ?
    Nearly ALL POSTS written by him CENTERED ON " Chinse origin " in the last 6 months since he signed up here.
    Hello again ricecake san. I understand your concern. The topic could be mentioned within the framework of the thread's theme, as in your post #17, but I agree with you in that it is not something to be harped on under this OP.

Somehow, Grimmo san had picked up on your post, which revived this thread after it had been dead for a good long while, and then it just got stuck.

In order to make it smoother, it may be good to let it go more slowly and with less 'heat'--if you catch what I mean. I do hope you'd agree that there is no reason to get worked up over whatever theories there may be regarding origins.

Thanks for you listening ear !!

Scientist
    Mars Man, thank you for your friendly moderation,
    Let me point out one thing, it´s him who first name-called
    me as the MC420 in the china history forum, in another
    thread regarding the origin of japanese people.
    I guess his only intention seemed to obscure the
    discussion on this forum. One thing I am sympathetic about
    him is about on-going china bashing in another chinese
    related forum. But that´s his issue, and he should settle
    out them with rational argument, and as you said, without heats.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    Chinese decended from heavenly dragons.

Three major lineages of Asian Y chromosomes: implications for the peopling of east and southeast Asia
    Journal Human Genetics
    Publisher Springer Berlin / Heidelberg
    ISSN 0340-6717 (Print) 1432-1203 (Online)
    Subject Biomedical and Life Sciences and Medicine
    Issue Volume 110, Number 1 / January, 2002
    Category Original Investigation
    DOI 10.1007/s00439-001-0651-9
    Pages 80-88
    Online Date Thursday, February 19, 2004
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/.../fulltext.html
    abstract:
    DNA variation on the non-recombining portion of the Y chromosome was examined in 610 male samples from 14 global populations in north, east, and southeast Asia, and other regions of the world. Eight haplotypes were observed by analyses of seven biallelic polymorphic markers (DYS257108, DYS287, SRY4064, SRY10831, RPS4Y711, M9, and M15) and were unevenly distributed among the populations. Maximum parsimony tree for the eight haplotypes showed that these haplotypes could be classified into four distinct lineages characterized by three key mutations: an insertion of the Y Alu polymorphic (YAP) element at DYS287, a C-to-G transversion at M9, and a C-to-T transition at RPS4Y711. Of the four lineages, three major lineages (defined by the allele of YAP+, M9-G, and RPS4Y-T, respectively) accounted for 98.6% of the Asian populations studied, indicating that these three paternal lineages have contributed to the formation of modern Asian populations. Moreover, phylogenetic analysis revealed three monophyletic Asian clusters, which consisted of north Asian, Japanese, and Han Chinese/southeast Asian populations, respectively. Coalescence analysis in the haplotype tree showed that the estimated ages for three key mutations ranged from 53,000 to 95,000 years, suggesting that the three lineages were separated from one another during early stages of human evolutionary history. The distribution patterns of the Y-haplotypes and mutational ages for the key markers suggest that three major groups with different paternal ancestries separately migrated to prehistoric east and southeast Asia.
    Please also see:
    http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/AJH...338/42338.html

Origin of Chinese

This study is using outdated methodology. Researchers, all chinese, adopted the study method of Cavalli Sforza and microsatellite, which has been obsolete by recent advancement and findings.

Vol. 95, Issue 20, 11763-11768, September 29, 1998
    Genetic relationship of populations in China
    J. Y. Chua,b, W. Huangb,c, S. Q. Kuangc, J. M. Wangc, J. J. Xud, Z. T. Chua, Z. Q. Yanga, K. Q. Lina, P. Lie, M. Wuf, Z. C. Gengg, C. C. Tang, R. F. Dud, and L. Jing,h,i
    a Institute of Medical Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Kunming, People's Republic of China; c Rui-Jin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, People's Republic of China; d Institute of Genetics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People's Republic of China; e Department of Biology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, People's Republic of China; f Institute of Cancer Research, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, People's Republic of China; g Institute of Genetics, Fudan University, Shanghai, People's Republic of China; and h Human Genetics Center, University of Texas-Houston, Houston, TX 77225

Contributed by Jiazhen Tan, June 26, 1998

Fig. 2. Hypothetical ancestral migration routes to the Far East. Refer to Table 1 for names of the numbered populations.

Here is one interesting paper about regional variations of autosomal DNA among Han Chinese. It shows that the genetic diversity in Guangdong is greater than for all the other Han Chinese provinces combined.

This other study shows genetic structure of East Asia. Han Chinese are closer to the Koreans and the Japanese than to non-Han Chinese from Yunnan or northern Manchuria.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12