Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Competes With China for Vietnam's Allegiance

U.S. Competes With China for Vietnam's Allegiance

U.S. Competes With China for Vietnam's Allegiance

2006-06-18

Vietnam's leaders have made plain they want the United States on their side for equilibrium against China, a longtime occupier. Vietnam, though an ideological ally of Beijing, fears an expanding Chinese sphere of influence and being reduced to an economic appendage by China, its northern neighbor.

It has fought wars against China, most recently in 1979. But now, relations have "never been so good," said Ton Nu Thi Ninh, the vice chairwoman of the Foreign Affairs Committee in the National Assembly.

"But that doesn't mean they're perfect," she added.

The Bush administration, also concerned about Beijing's designs in Asia, is happy to provide a counterweight.

You have to login to read it here.
    ‘ä˜p‹¤˜a‘ Republic of Taiwan.
    Freedom for Taiwan.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    I really hope China doesnt reach some power-point where they feel they are un-stoppable and go on a invasion spree, war isnt good for most bussiness, and denying the Chinese ever growing middle-class their luxuries wont help internal stability.

Oh god I'm worried, China, please please please dont do anything stupid like start a Third world war.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nurizeko
    I really hope China doesnt reach some power-point where they feel they are un-stoppable and go on a invasion spree, war isnt good for most bussiness, and denying the Chinese ever growing middle-class their luxuries wont help internal stability.
    Oh god I'm worried, China, please please please dont do anything stupid like start a Third world war.
    Lol.
    you are joking ~~!

Why you think China is so dangerous.
    you know ,China didn't invade other country for nearly 1,000 years.It has no value for the Chinese to conquer the neighbor ~ unlike some resourc-lack and bellicose country~

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    Well, China invaded Tibet, and sends Han chinese to corners of the country to out-place the minorities.

Every empire needs its, well, empire, if China becomes a super-power chances are its going to wrestle with the united states for military supremacy in Asia, though I dont think China is the kind of country to send its army to far-flung corners of the world.

China will, if its any sort of country, want to dominate its part of the world as much as possible, in the same vein the United States wishes to have its thumb firmly on the America's, especially the north/central bit.

Vietnams alleigance could be a bit of a thorn in Sino-American relations, If neither side is willing to give it up.

But, time well tell, chances are China and America wont start a grudge over it.

China and America just have too much invested with trade with each other, in the modern world who needs enemies when you can have profit.

Quote Originally Posted by nurizeko
    if China becomes a super-power chances are its going to wrestle with the united states for military supremacy in Asia, though I dont think China is the kind of country to send its army to far-flung corners of the world.
    If china has such ambitions later then it won't only compete with America but also with the European Union which is on the other side of the Eurasian super continent. Close major rivals would be Russia and India.

Quote Originally Posted by ricecake
    Your posting log has over 200 cut/pasted news articles dedicated to anti-China and pro-Japan last 2 years
    1) That's not true. I post news that is relative to various things. Remember news is often negative, but that doesn't mean that the person who posts it is against a country. You should learn to think on a wider scope.
    Last edited by Mycernius; Aug 6, 2006 at 07:03. Reason: Removing comments no longer relevant due to other post being deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wang
    I don't spam and I'm not anti China. I post news about China that's relevant and useful to read.
    Who do you think you're kidding? Your political spamming is outrageous.

You start threads like there's no tomorrow. You only post articles that are very negative and scathing regarding China.

Let's see, your recent articles on China are about:

Massacre,
    Corruption,
    Mismanagement,
    Riots,
    Torture,
    Human Rights Violation,
    Environmental Threat,
    Illegality,
    Oppression

... and so on.

I'm surprised that the moderators haven't given you a warning already for your trolling.

The fact that you're openly Taiwan separationist does not help your cause in any way.

You've posted normal news elsewhere regarding Japan and Korea; there's no reason to not do so for China. This is a NEWS forum - it's not a haven for your anti-China political garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by 4321go
    you are joking ~~!
    Why you think China is so dangerous.
    you know ,China didn't invade other country for nearly 1,000 years.It has no value for the Chinese to conquer the neighbor ~ unlike some resourc-lack and bellicose country~
    No, it has only started invading countries recently. Sucessfully with Tibet and unsucessfully with Vietnam. I'm sure countries such as Japan, Taiwan and South Korea feel very safe next to a one party, militaristic, nuclear power.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Supervin
    Who do you think you're kidding? Your political spamming is outrageous.

I'm surprised that the moderators haven't given you a warning already for your trolling.
    I'm surprised that you think all this news immediately must mean that the poster is against a country which is not the case. Youfre a outrage for going not being able to tolerate normal news articles.

The fact that you're openly Taiwan separationist does not help your cause in any way.
    I support freedom and democracy not corruption, control and oppression. If this can only be achieved through separation then so be it.

This is a NEWS forum - it's not a haven for your anti-China political garbage.
    What I post is NEWS and not garbage at all, but real issues that are worth looking into.

You start threads like there's no tomorrow. You only post articles that are very negative and scathing regarding China.
    I post news that show recent problems that are in China and need to be dealt with before they would turn out even worse. That is all.

I post news that show recent problems that are in China and need to be dealt with before they would turn out even worse. That is all.
    Come now, don't mislead people.

There's a stark difference between posting ONLY the denouncing, negative news in the China forums and posting nothing of the sort in the Japan and Korea news forums.

Anybody who checks your threads can see that.

Come now, don't mislead people.
    There's a stark difference between posting ONLY the denouncing, negative news in the China forums and posting nothing of the sort in the Japan and Korea news forums.
    Anybody who checks your threads can see that.
    I'm not misleading anybody. The problems in Korea and Japan are nowhere near as big and abundant compared to the problems and issues in China. You think people who post much negative news is wrong while most news is infact negative.

I'm surprised that you think all this news immediately must mean that the poster is against a country which is not the case. Youfre a outrage for going not being able to tolerate normal news articles.
    'Normal news articles'? China has more news than the negative, scathing ones that you spam.

I support freedom and democracy not corruption, control and oppression. If this can only be achieved through separation then so be it.
    Like I said, this is a NEWS forum. Not a place for you to spread your Taiwan separationist, anti-China political bias.

'Normal news articles'? China has more news than the negative, scathing ones that you spam.
    Sure there is more news. However I think the negative news needs to get the most attention so it may have a higher chance of being solved somewhow and that people can think about that. Negative news is normal news too.

Like I said, this is a NEWS forum. Not a place for you to spread your Taiwan separationist, anti-China political bias.
    I'm not spreading anything. The news that I post are real issues and not necessarily anti-china at all they just show the problems that are in china and maybe ways to overcome them.

I'm not misleading anybody. The problems in Korea and Japan are nowhere near as big and plentifull compared to the problems and issues in China. You think people who post negative news is wrong while most news is usually negative.
    Any moderator can check your threads to see your overwhelming political spamming.

Open any newspaper or browse the CNN/BBC and you'll see news about China. They don't consist of only negativity. There are more news to China than your political excerpts.

Your denial of your political trolling is futile.

Sure there is more news. However I think the negative news needs to get the most attention so it may have a higher chance of being solved somewhow and that people can think about that. Negative news is normal news too.
    Look, you're going around in circles.

No one is saying negative news is not normal.

But there is a blatant difference between posting ONLY negative news about China and normal, positive/neutral news about Japan and Korea.

There are negative news events in every country. So why are you avoiding the negative excerpts for other countries and only giving the flak to China? Nearly ALL of your news on China is negative. Compare that to your articles on Korea and Japan. Don't try to justify your political trolling.

Any moderator can check your threads to see your overwhelming political spamming.
    It's not spamming at all. Like I said these are serious issues in China. Not spam, but real things that are really happening. People can try to turn away from it and look at pretty pictures or fantasy stories but that won't help solve these things it would just make them worse.

Open any newspaper or browse the CNN/BBC and you'll see news about China. They don't consist of only negativity. There are more news to China than your political excerpts.
    Some staff members may mostly write about problematic issues and not much about positive things.

It's not spamming at all. Like I said these are serious issues in China. Not spam, but real things that are really happening. People can try to turn away from it and look at pretty pictures or fantasy stories but that won't help solve these things it would just make them worse.
    Some staff members may mostly write about problematic issues and not much about positive things.
    There are issues in every country.

I don't see you posting anything about those issues that people shouldn't 'turn away from ... [or] look at pretty pictures or fantasy stories' for Japan and Korea.

There are issues in every country.
    Many issues that are in China occur on a massive unprecedented scale.

Many issues that are in China occur on a massive unprecedented scale.
    There is also a lot of positive news in China that also occur on a massive unprecedented scale.

There are also a lot of positive news in China that also occur on a massive unprecedented scale.
    Like I said I want to bring attention to big problematic issues of the PRC so that people could think about that and that they perhaps could be solved.
    You can post the news that you think is relevant too if you want.

Again, you're going around in circles.

Issues are in every country. They are not exclusive to China nor they are the only news in China. This is beside the point.

I invite any user or moderator in this forum to tally up the number of denouncing news threads on China compared with that of Japan and Korea.

Your Taiwan separationist, anti-China political stance in your posts further adds the icing on the cake.

Again, you're going around in circles.
    Issues are in every country. They are not exclusive to China nor they are the only news in China. This is beside the point.
    I invite any user or moderator in this forum to tally up the number of denouncing news threads on China compared with that of Japan and Korea.
    Your Taiwan separationist, anti-China political stance in your posts further adds the icing on the cake.
    No YOU are the one who apparently cannot tolerate someone who posts news to get attention to the problematic issues in China. This forum is focussed on China which is why I post china related news.

I post what you consider gnegative newsh for really different reasons then what you claim. I post it like I said a billion times already to get peoplefs attention to these issues so that they can think about it and maybe that solutions can be found before it turns a lot worse.
    I DONfT post gnegative newsh to spam or anything else.

You stubbornly refuse to look at this from a other point of view. You are apparently too intolerant and incapable of understanding my reasons for posting mostly these types of news and therefore attack just because I donft post the type of news that you want.

You're hilarious.

No one is being intolerant, so stop your counter accusations to obscure your political spamming.

It's not difficult to do: in the future, post both negative AND positive/neutral news about China like you do for the other two news forums.

Finally, stop making up a pathetic excuses and 'reasons' for why you failed to post also the positive/neutral articles about China in addition to the negative ones.

You're hilarious.
    No one is being intolerant, so stop your counter accusations to obscure your political spamming.

It's not difficult to do: in the future, post both negative AND positive/neutral news about China like you do for the other two news forums.

Finally, stop making up a pathetic excuses for why you failed to post also the positive/neutral articles about China in addition to the negative ones.
    I don't make any excuses. You keep slamming and throwing false claims at me that I'm posting "obscure political spamming" and too much "negative" types of news. While I do that in fact like I've explained earlier for completely different reasons and I want to focus on the negative news. If you want to post mostly positive news then go ahead.

Stop making false claims and accusations that I post news for some kind of bad reasons while itfs actually for other reasons which I explained earlier and you continuously stubbornly refuse to accept apparently.

I don't make any excuses. You keep slamming and throwing false claims at me that I'm posting "obscure political spamming" and too much "negative" types of news. While I do that in fact like I've explained earlier for completely different reasons and I want to focus on the negative news. If you want to post mostly positive news then go ahead.
    Stop making false claims and accusations that I post news for some kind of bad reasons while itfs actually for other reasons which I explained earlier and you continuously stubbornly refuse to accept apparently.
    Then you've already admitted to having bias when you post news excerpts under the pretext of your so-called 'reasons' and preferences. Case closed.

Apparently your oh-so-holy reasons forbid you to post anything positive related, news-wise, relating to China.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast