Quote Originally Posted by gaijinalways
So, please tell me, what was your point, beyond being misleading or overly sarcastic (not sure, yours or mine)?
My point was that in and of itself, a "permanent" resident visa means nothing as regards the permanency of one's residence. Maciamo loves to point out that he has (had?) permanent residence status....yet he bailed out after just a very brief stay. You yourself indicated that despite currently having PR status, residing here is only what you are doing at the moment, leaving one to surmise that your permanent residency is also of questionable permanence.

I've stayed here considerably longer than the both of you combined, have no intention of leaving, yet do not yet have a permanent resident visa. By the way, I also am employed, pay taxes, and all the other blah-blah you mentioned that holders of PR visas have or do.

Maciamo gives the impression that he feels the mere holding of PR status should cause Japanese to consider him as some sort of semi-Japanese and that they should neither notice his foreign origins nor make any comment on it. I always find it funny when people who go on and on about their "permanent" resident status either don't reside in Japan or have expressed their intention to not actually reside here permanently.