Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over 100,000 join anti-China rally in Taipei

Taiwanese are not Chinese. Chinese include Taiwanese.
    Mainland need to be more democratic. But the first step is to be rich.
    Nobody likes missiles, and everybody prays for peace. But sometimes peace is not that easy.
    It is not wise to announce independence. Taiwan is in fact independence except for international politics. Those protests had better stop their president from splitting the country. Just wait for the reforms taking place in Mainland.

Confucius Theory is a broad concept. It contains both good and bad things for today's China. On one hand, it helps establish a stable rapidly developing country that will bring benefit to everyone including even Japan and the US. On the other hand, it may slower the economical and political reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry G
    Taiwan is in fact independence except for international politics.
    Posts with similar statements of mine were always deleted in a Chinese forum I used to frequent. Stating the obvious is obviously not wanted by some Chinese censors.

Henry G ,Nice to meet you here ~ : )

Quote Originally Posted by bossel
    "Stating the obvious is obviously not wanted by some Chinese censors."
    sure~~ I agree with it ~~ don't speak something too directly ,it will be better in the Chinese forum

Even if that would mean war?
    The best excuse is what the people in Taiwan want. Only that counts.
    quite funny logic, u know, when most of people on taiwan don't support independenc (back in time), where is the one who stand out and say "what the people in taiwan want"? isn't that immoral to support DPP back then? or does that mean there are some "original sin" such as false data/lies was used in order to gain support?
    things don't work out like that though, maybe we can talk about what do people in Taipei want in seperate with what do people in kao-hsiung want..

Quote Originally Posted by mingo
    quite funny logic, u know, when most of people on taiwan don't support independenc (back in time), where is the one who stand out and say "what the people in taiwan want"?
    Can't really follow your logic here: Are you saying that I supported independence at a time when a majority of Taiwanese did not? Or what?

isn't that immoral to support DPP back then?
    Morals are very relative.

things don't work out like that though, maybe we can talk about what do people in Taipei want in seperate with what do people in kao-hsiung want..
    Well, we could. And?

Can't really follow your logic here: Are you saying that I supported independence at a time when a majority of Taiwanese did not? Or what?
    Morals are very relative.
    Well, we could. And?
    "what people want" is a very common way to justify for oneself's opinion/action, it's not neccessary u, but there are many people support the independence od taiwan while majority of the people in ROC want to remain status quo.
    e.g, north of taiwan's city taipei was leaning toward pro-unified, so shalll we say follow what people want? same to the pro-indenpendence south..
    moral maybe relative, so do many other things, encourage more logical and peaceful future of the region will work much better than let people decide.. you know, the german people do decide to wage war on Europe during WWII.. is that really good for them?

"what people want" is a very common way to justify for oneself's opinion/action, it's not neccessary u, but there are many people support the independence od taiwan while majority of the people in ROC want to remain status quo.
    I just say, the people of Taiwan decide. Whether they want to keep the status quo, become independent & re-unify with the mainland, that's entirely their business. No US or PRC politician should have any say in that regard.

you know, the german people do decide to wage war on Europe during WWII..
    Wasn't the German people, but the government. & even the government didn't really want war at that point in time (they had preferred it a few years later). & it wasn't exactly war on Europe, but in the beginning they were very specific in their goals. But that's a bit off topic, I think we already have some threads devoted to such issues, if you're interested.

I just say, the people of Taiwan decide. Whether they want to keep the status quo, become independent & re-unify with the mainland, that's entirely their business. No US or PRC politician should have any say in that regard.
    now here is the point, do u consider people of taipei seperate from rest of taiwan? and do u consider taiwan seperate from the rest of china?
    according to diplomatic agreement with almost every country in this world, taiwan is considered as part of china (not neccessary PRC or ROC), so what makes u be able to single taiwan out, while still consider taipei as part of it?

so what makes u be able to single taiwan out, while still consider taipei as part of it?
    Who said that I single Taiwan out? I'd give people in Tibet, Guangdong or Beijing the same choice. No problem to me.

Some Taiwanese city or province wants to go to the PRC, no problem. Can't see your point.

Some Taiwanese city or province wants to go to the PRC, no problem.
    can that realy be a "no problem"?

can that realy be a "no problem"?
    To me, yes. (Because I abhor nationalism.) But I'm sure there would be quite a number of Taiwanese nationalists who would have a problem with that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12