Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What kind of cheese do you like to put on your pasta ?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grated parmesan

16 69.57%
  • Cut/sliced pieces of parmesan in block

4 17.39%
  • Grated Emmental or Gruyere

3 13.04%
  • Grated mozzarella

3 13.04%
  • Other kind of cheese

4 17.39%
  • I don't put cheese on my pasta (or don't eat pasta)

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What kind of cheese do you like to put on your pasta ?

Smile What kind of cheese do you like to put on your pasta ?

Italians put parmesan, and most people in the world follow suit. In Belgium, it's more usual to put grated Emmental or Gruyere instead. In Japan, mozzarella was the most common grated pasta/pizza cheese (and cheapest) in supermarkets. Parmesan can come pre-grated or in block to cut or slice yourself.

Which you do you like best ?

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Where I'm Supposed to Be kirei_na_me's Avatar
    I always buy a block of parmesan cheese and grate it on my pasta. I love it.

Cheese is one of my favorite foods. Gruyere is, by far, my favorite cheese. I always have a block of it in my refrigerator. I think I'll grate it on my pasta next time!

Good thread, Maciamo. I love my cheese!
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    In Belgium, it's more usual to put grated Emmental or Gruyere instead.
    Interesting. I think the Swiss cheese I get on my sandwiches is Emmental because it's got holes on it. It's really good with a salami sandwich.

I like using sharp chedder, which is cheap and widely available in the US, for casserole and baked pasta. For the dishes like carbonara, chicken parm, scampi etc, I grate lots of parmesean.
    Last edited by misa.j; Mar 17, 2006 at 11:37.

Where I'm Supposed to Be kirei_na_me's Avatar
    Ah, Spaghetti Carbonara...one of my favorites!

I like Parmesan on my pasta, havent yet found where to buy fresh stuff yet...(well, you know, not in a container...), and I really really really love BLUE cheese (Kikorangi blue, a NZ blue), and have been known to put that in my pasta... usually when nobody else is eating it.

Kara-Nari Smarty-Pants Wiz-Girl of the Southern Pacific Queen of Communication and International Arbitration and Diplomatic Solutions to Hairy Territorial Issues Her Majesty the Empress コクネ・ you quite rightly deserve the title for your individuality !

Nacho cheese! Delicious! (j/k)

I'm a huge fan of freshly grated parmesean on pasta. I like the block-sliced parmesean better on things like caesar salads. Whatever kind of cheese it is, though, I like a LOT of it. That's probably why I end up getting baked pasta more often than not.
    Go Trojans! Fight On!

I like grated parmesean cheese on almost all of my pastas. I'll eat it with spaghetti, lasagna, and fetticini with marinara sauce. And I eat it with pizza, cheese to be exact.
    "Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
    The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
    by Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

Hmm, I am kind of weird when it comes to cheese.

I Hate cheese, but when it comes to Pizza, or Nachos, I love it. I guess it has to be melted. I can't eat cheese freshly cut or in slices, I tend to gag. But I do like parmesean on my spaghetti. Tis gude.
    I wish I knew that I didn't know what I know. You know?

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.

Cheese on pasta? Yuck!

I prefer cheese (I like almost all sorts, just not what Germans call Kochkäse) on bread.

I put mozzarella or cheddar on pasta. I also like tortellini pasta stuffed with ricotta cheese. One of my favourite quick lunches is to cook some dry pasta, toss it in some olive oil, oregano and black pepper, then crumble some mature cheddar cheese on top. Yum, yum.
    "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
    merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

Currently playing: Agarest on PS3
    Currently reading: The Devil Rides Out by Dennis Wheatley

Gruyere here when I'm not making different cheese sauces.
    In the UK I'm using cheedar though :P
    One of the most adventurous things left for us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams....

Hmm, there's few cheeses (that I've had anyway) that I don't like--although being poor somewhat limits my access to the more refined cheeses.

For instance, I don't think I ever heard of Emmental or Gruyere cheese--though I may have had some without knowing it was called that.

(I've started doing personal security work for some local artists on the side, and one of the benifits of the job is the cheeses and other catered foods usually present at an art opening--I stay away from the wines when on-duty though. )

At any rate, I usually use grated parmesian, mozzerella, riccotta, or just cottage cheese on a can of ravioli or cheddar and macaroni if I'm feeling "ghetto". (or if my pocketbook is )

I also love a good alfredo sauce.

I actually don't make pasta very often--and when I do it's usually just buttered noodles as a quick snack--so usually if I'm having pasta it's at a resteraunt.
    Baka ningen.

Cheese! I am a cheese nut and just love all kinds of cheese especially on pasta. I also like cheese fondu and cheese and black olives with red wine.

At my age I had to start taking alot of fiber before and after I eat cheese else I will feel it in the morning. I have found Chitosan (made from shell fish and the best fiber known) to be the best for getting cheese through the system and not letting the fat get into your system.

Before I discovered Chitosan I thought I would have to give up cheese as it was doing terrible things to my bowls and intestines giving me terrible cramps the next day. Today I can eat as much cheese as I desire as long as I take the Chitosan fiber suppliments and the weight gain is not there as in the past. Check out the link.
    Do What You Love And You'll Never Work Another Day In Your Life!

Pink Lady's Number #1 Fan Flashjeff's Avatar
    Count me in for grated parmesean. Yum! But I'm too lazy to grate it myself, so I buy the pre-grated variety from the supermarket! Heh!
    "It's better to try and fail than to never try at all."
    -Jeffrey C. Branch, crackpot philosopher

Interested in old school J-Pop? Please visit my website:
    Pink Lady: The Website!

Many thanks to Ayu-youkou for this mondo cool banner!

Comfortably Ignorant Faustianideals's Avatar
    I dislike cheese if it's not on a pizza.

Parmesan is a bit expensive so I usually use cheddar.

Anybody here tried Philippine-style spaghetti? The flavor really goes well with cheddar.