Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 78

Thread: Teenagers banned from Internet cafes in China

  1. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2005
    Posts
    31
    Oh, he is a Taiwanese
    but I think his analyse about why we lost to Japanese in 19th and 20th
    century is right, we should have adopted advanced institution and
    given up something out of date more quickly, if we did that, history
    would have been quite different.
    I hope China not to lose opportunity this time.

  2. #52
    Regular Member godppgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 26, 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    40
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by 4321go
    He surely can ~ he is Taiwanese , and I read some of his post, I was quite annoyed for some of his viewpoint untill I realize he is a Taiwanese. I understand why he think like this ~ In fact what he type is the same as the Taiwan's media .
    Yeah sure it's all Taiwanese media's fault again, blame on those evil foreign media.

    If you have actually try to understand Taiwan's media environment, you'll find out most Taiwanese meida are pro-China.


    gs001,

    This is why I don't discuss politics on Chinese forum. The instance I pinch on the Chinese-pride nerve, all the proud Chinese go berserk and lose all rationality. They'll always find something or someone to blame on and portray themselves as the victim.

  3. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2005
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by godppgo
    This is why I don't discuss politics on Chinese forum. The instance I pinch on the Chinese-pride nerve, all the proud Chinese go berserk and lose all rationality. They'll always find something or someone to blame on and portray themselves as the victim.
    I have been to Taiwan forum, I found majority of Taiwanese
    (at least netizen) want independence, when Chinese nationalist
    meet Taiwanese splittist, a violent debate will begin, both
    side "go berserk and lose all rationality"
    but I don't believe majority of mainland people are nationalist.
    I show you a thread in Chinese most vigorous forum about Taiwan
    http://club.cat898.com/newbbs/dispbb...&skin=0&page=1

  4. #54
    Happy 4321go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 19, 2004
    Posts
    119
    Oh,gs110,you change this topic to another one~
    ......
    wait no more than 10 years ,Taiwan will return by its own willing~ any argument within this ten years won't make sense~

    Give an example :

    A son like the rich dad rather than the poor dad~so ,he want to leave the poor dad's family and to be the member of the richer one! but ,the richer one didn't accept him. If the poor dad become rich ,the son will return~
    OMG, who give money to him , who is his dad~

    There is some bad guys abet the son to separate from the family~
    because these bad guys don't want the poor dad 's family become a puissant family~ A divisive family is what the bad guys desire~

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...Public_opinion

    Quote:A most recent poll in Dec 2004 shows, given a referendum vote on independence, unification or becoming a state of U.S., 41% of Taiwanese residents support independence, 24% choose unification and a 15% would be in favor of becoming a 51st state of U.S

  5. #55
    ژ^ Index's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 26, 2005
    Posts
    78
    I'm in China now and am surprised at the number of sites I can't get on. More than I'd expected. Surprised JREF is allowed. Probably would not be if they knew what was being said here....

  6. #56
    Happy 4321go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 19, 2004
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Index
    I'm in China now and am surprised at the number of sites I can't get on. More than I'd expected. Surprised JREF is allowed. Probably would not be if they knew what was being said here....
    Never mind~ It is easy to access the website which you can't ~You only need to change your browser,or even not , use a software called"The Onion Router" then you can use your IE browser to surf the internet without any blockage.

    1)New browser download: http://www.freehaven.net/~arrakis/torpark.html

    2)"The Onion Router" download : http://chrislau.zovenet.com/data/tor_s.zip
    usage of Tor:
    1.double click Run.bat/win98.batCthe programm will auto run

    2.double click the IE icon in the Sockscap CP

    3.change the IE 's Privoxy IP address to F127.0.0.1 portF8118.


    In fact I am in China and can access any website .you can Have a try~

  7. #57
    JREF Resident Alien Pachipro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 19, 2005
    Location
    Goodlettsville, Tennessee
    Age
    64
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by 4321go
    Never mind~ It is easy to access the website which you can't ~You only need to change your browser,or even not , use a software called"The Onion Router" then you can use your IE browser to surf the internet without any blockage.
    This goes to show that no matter how hard a country trys to stop an individuals access to internet web sites, these days, save for completely denying access to the internet, there will always be a program or some software that will make it possible.
    Do What You Love And You'll Never Work Another Day In Your Life!


  8. #58
    Regular Member bossel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28, 2003
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by 4321go
    Never mind~ It is easy to access the website which you can't ~You only need to change your browser,or even not , use a software called"The Onion Router" then you can use your IE browser to surf the internet without any blockage.
    Maybe it should be noted that AFAIK Tor is not 100% safe to use (it's anyway still under development): If websites use some special Java software you can be tracked. Therefore if you use TOR disable Java (& Javascript) in your browser 1st.

    The original download page for Tor:

    http://tor.eff.org/index.html.en

  9. #59
    Happy 4321go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 19, 2004
    Posts
    119
    Thank you ,bossle!
    I'll try to disable the Java function~

  10. #60
    ژ^ Index's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 26, 2005
    Posts
    78
    Thank you 4321go and bossel. I'll check it out. Viva la revolution!!

  11. #61
    Regular Member godppgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 26, 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    40
    Posts
    68
    gs001, 4321go

    I think we are going off-topic. I opened a new thread to continue our discussion.

    http://www.wa-pedia.com/forum/showth...275#post318275

  12. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2005
    Posts
    31
    Anyone know where I took this picture?ccc1.JPG

  13. #63
    Wanderer Mamoru-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25, 2005
    Location
    Pecrot (Belgium)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    17
    Mmmm...doesn't seem to be the Grand'Place of Bruxelles
    Haven't you be arrested for that shot? LOL...just kidding

    If you have more like that, I would be very happy to display them on the Net (www.worldfaceviews.com), as I don't have much pictures of your country...well...if you wish

  14. #64
    Regular Member godppgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 26, 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    40
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by gs001
    Anyone know where I took this picture?ccc1.JPG
    On top of Mao's gigantic portrait

  15. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2005
    Posts
    31
    godppgo
    You are right, So you have been to Beijing?
    Mamoru-kun
    It is Tiananmen square, the point where I shot this picture
    was the very point that chairman Mao declared the foundation
    of people's republic of China, and also was the venue for his
    successor to have some political activities
    foreigner know 1989.6.4 incident very well, but you don't know
    what Tiananmen square like, right?
    I'm a jackaroo and learning to take pictures,
    so I can only give you some photos of Beijing taken by others.
    http://202.205.80.137/WSTAXPACUKXNTS...&th=1136462697
    (add)http://202.205.80.137/WSTAXPACUKXNTS...&th=1136462703
    (add)
    http://202.205.80.137/WSTAXPACUKXNTS...&th=1136462716
    ==========
    http://bbs.muwen.com/topic381/380579.htm
    zzz.jpg
    Last edited by gs001; Mar 8, 2006 at 18:39.

  16. #66
    __________ budd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 10, 2003
    Posts
    56
    it's not just a version of portable firefox? how is it different? thanks in advance for the info!!!
    ttp://www.tcvb.or.jp/

  17. #67
    Regular Member bossel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28, 2003
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by budd
    it's not just a version of portable firefox? how is it different?
    You mean Tor? You can do pretty much everything online, even download stuff, only that your requests are sent through random proxies & the connection speed is just as random. Just visit the website, there should be an English explanation.


    Quote Originally Posted by gs001
    I can only give you some photos of Beijing taken by others.
    Beijing? Ugly place, if you ask me.

  18. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2005
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by bossel
    Beijing? Ugly place, if you ask me.
    Yes, I agree, I live in Beijing for quite a long time,
    I don't find it beautiful, But a skillful photographer
    can make this tasteless city pretty, that is the very
    thing I want to learn

  19. #69
    Regular Member Silverbackman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 5, 2005
    Posts
    29
    So gs001 why do you at times apologize for your government? Not just on this forum but in general. The commies made things a lot worse. What do you think about the Nationalist Party of old?

  20. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2005
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbackman
    So gs001 why do you at times apologize for your government? Not just on this forum but in general. The commies made things a lot worse. What do you think about the Nationalist Party of old?
    My Indian friend, what style of English are you using?
    Indian style or USA style?
    why I don't understand?
    what you want to say?
    Mamoru-kun:
    I added two link for you at the reply---#65
    Last edited by gs001; Mar 8, 2006 at 21:59.

  21. #71
    Regular Member godppgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 26, 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    40
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by gs001
    godppgo
    You are right, So you have been to Beijing?
    yes I have, I thought it was a very "square" looking city. Everything seems to be in square shape. Especially the buildings.

  22. #72
    Regular Member Silverbackman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 5, 2005
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by gs001
    My Indian friend, what style of English are you using?
    Indian style or USA style?
    why I don't understand?
    what you want to say?
    Heh heh, I knew you would try to avoid the hard truth. Because when someone with bad english as bad as your own tries to prove an American that his English is bad, it gets know where.

    Yup you have been brainwashed by your government.

  23. #73
    Wanderer Mamoru-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25, 2005
    Location
    Pecrot (Belgium)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    17

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by gs001
    Mamoru-kun:
    I added two link for you at the reply---#65
    Thanks gs001. Is it shots free of copyrights? In other words, could I put them on my site? And if yes, would you be so kind to provide me names, dates, and localisations of those pictures (I can't read chinese )?

  24. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2005
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by godppgo
    yes I have, I thought it was a very "square" looking city. Everything seems to be in square shape. Especially the buildings.
    Yes, our Beijing is an ancient city, it has the history of more than
    2000 years, to protect our old pattern, Beijing government don't allow any tall building built in core area of this city, to meet the
    limitation of height, real estate dealer make their building "fat"
    to get more space, so majority of bulidings in Beijing look podgy.
    of course, the home town of your gf--Shanghai has the history of
    only 200 years, and nothing need to be protected, so real estate
    dealer can build everything they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoru-kun
    Thanks gs001. Is it shots free of copyrights? In other words, could I put them on my site? And if yes, would you be so kind to provide me names, dates, and localisations of those pictures (I can't read chinese )?
    If you don't use them commercially, there will be completely
    no problem. if you use them commercially, the picture from
    202.205.80.137 will no problem, because they were taken by amateur.
    picture from bbs.muwen.com obviously taken by professional
    photographer, you'd better rule them out.
    You mean I take some interpretation on the photos?
    OK, tell me your E-Mail address, I will send to you.
    (what kind of compress type you accept arj? rar? zip?)

  25. #75
    Wanderer Mamoru-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25, 2005
    Location
    Pecrot (Belgium)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by gs001
    If you don't use them commercially, there will be completely
    no problem. if you use them commercially, the picture from
    202.205.80.137 will no problem, because they were taken by amateur.
    picture from bbs.muwen.com obviously taken by professional
    photographer, you'd better rule them out.
    You mean I take some interpretation on the photos?
    OK, tell me your E-Mail address, I will send to you.
    (what kind of compress type you accept arj? rar? zip?)
    Permit me to give everything by PM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Internet connection speed
    By Maciamo in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 15, 2003, 08:01
  2. Cigarettes banned of Tokyo's streets
    By Maciamo in forum Other News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2002, 00:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •