Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If You Live In China........

Nurizeko, for the last time, I know what the heck a 'national' and a 'nationalist' is, if not more than you do, if you had read my posts. I'm not even going to bother quoting my own posts.

I never said anything about 'national' being not PC; this is a forum, not politics. Stop making false accusations.

'National' is suitable for different CONTEXTS, for the umpteenth time. Like you quoted yourself, it's been used in immigration context because there is a need to distinguish those individuals with different nationalities, else it would be ambiguous. Here, in these forums, it's not necessary, because 'members from China' will suffice.

That's it, I'm not going to respond to any of the posts here anymore until people address my points directly and not just sprouting whatever comes to mind.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    Your choice if you want to discontinue contributing to this thread with that attitude, but im merely pointing out national is allowed. if you understood (and better then me you seem to have implied) the meaning of national, then why did you oppose its usage?.....it only has two meanings, for an individual in describing where they come from and their citizenship to things such as organizations and bodies asociated with a particular country.

It is used in the contect to indicate origin, status, nothing more, im sorry if its bothering you, im merely defending the right to use it, and pointing out its distinct meaning from the word you want, which is nationalist, if you know the difference, you shouldnt have made it an issue.

Back on topic, i reckon the government of googles home turf (america?) should take action against google for aiding china's supressive regime.

What i find odd is most of the world seems happy to see china as progressive, but its still a country where people dissappear right?.....of course im not naive enough to believe in a perfect world where morals and ethics can always be held above all, but, its just sad theres only a precious few that still saying "hey, china is still not 100% good on this human rights issue? what can we do?"

I can only hope that this method of courting china and slowly guiding it to change is ultimately worth the decade or more, or even longer of continued human rights abuses.

Then again, most countries cant really talk.

Supervin, I'm surprised at how stand-offish you are becoming over your narrow (and apparently unshared) definition of a single term. I don't think anyone has ignored the points you made, but they are merely stating that the political connotations you refer to are much more apparent in other terms that sound similar. The term might not be "necessary" on a forum like this, but it does not make the term incorrect or implicit of any negative, political, or subversive meanings.

nurizeko, you've stumbled upon a new topic when you start talking about the US government taking action against google for being complicit with the Chinese government. The human rights issues and such makes for a huge argument for sanctions against China, but it is too powerful economically and we already depend on its cheap labor far too much to try and take such action without the backing of a large body of supporting nations. This is an interesting direction for the thread to take, don't hesitate in pursuing it.

Quote Originally Posted by nurizeko
    Back on topic, i reckon the government of googles home turf (america?) should take action against google for aiding china's supressive regime.
    The US then should at first take action against themselves for aiding oppressive regimes all over the world (& much more actively than Google does).

What i find odd is most of the world seems happy to see china as progressive, but its still a country where people dissappear right?
    China is progressing, that doesn't mean that everything's perfect, though.

"hey, china is still not 100% good on this human rights issue? what can we do?"
    There are a precious many who think that way. But most probably sanctions & boycots wouldn't help very much. Better is to talk to Chinese & try to make them aware. There are enough Chinese in the world who have contact to free media & who will go back to China. This is only a silent & slow revolution, but it's going on. The question is what will succeed earlier: The silent revolution or the violent one caused by the injustice of the system (particularly towards the peasants).

About this topic: there have already this one:http://www.wa-pedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20199
    Quote Originally Posted by lexico
    Rome was not built overnight, but niether was it downfall. China was made over 32 millenia of recorded history; and the many jobs must be an employment project to temporarily deal with the national welfare as well as training its citizens to be more computer literate, comparable to the New Deal.
    In the meantime, the Spring of Beijing is marching on !
    China can only go up in economy, national defense, and liberalism under the new motto of "Return to Confucius !"
    The reactionaries to revised, open communism can only excercise their last feeble struggle for a guarantee comparable to that of N.Korea, though of a less degree of intensity. The rest of the world could help by smoothing the transition; mindless attacks on the CCP is not wise imho. I wish the US would only step in with all-friendly intentions.
    edit: Sorry about the type-o in 32 millenia; I had meant to say 3.2 millenia. In the meantime, I might add that looking at N.Korea's dilapidated state of general welfare of its citizenry, I think the PRC gov'l figures are well aware of the dangers of extreme information control. However putting Taiwan and Tibet issues at the forefront to undermine the aspirations of 1.3 billion Chinese individuals is not very helpful. According to Epoch Times more than 5 million CCP members have left the Party. I just think pushing and cornering the CCP might be a bad move. A steady flow of genuinely friendly messages towards China and its citizens would actually bring down the hightened guard as they have been unduely violated before. I hope the same would apply to N.Korea while at it.
    There are always hostile force around~ unhealthy, and incorrect China bashing around ,which consider China as an potential threat.
    What role China will play in the future?
    so ,stop talking anything bad about China,I know it more than you ,and what is more! I can change it ,but you can't ~ you will be welcome when you tell me your thinking about how to make the this country more better ,more strong~!

Originally Posted by Supervin: About this forum, I don't think the CCP has blocked it - yet. Otherwise a number of users from China wouldn't have been able to register here. I would think that they're rather slack on sites written in English as well because most of the Chinese population only know how to communicate in Chinese and it's not that the Internet police are well versed in English either.
    I agree with Supervin. I was accessing the forum during my business trips to China in Jan and Feb too, and didn`t have any problem either.
    But I do experience times when I could not download emails from my email server in Singapore. Strangely, when I tried to access yahoo singapore, I was referred to yahoo china. But I had no problem accessing yahoo itself?!! Must be a yahoo thing, rather than anything linked to govt.
    In the 1990s when I visited China, the hotels are manned by policeman and we had to be careful what we say. For the past few years, the hotels I stayed in China all have broadband, and there`s relatively more freedom for foreign visitors to China. I think that that`s progress already.
    Ken

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4321go
    About this topic: there have already this one:http://www.wa-pedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20199
    There are always hostile force around~ unhealthy, and incorrect China bashing around ,which consider China as an potential threat.
    What role China will play in the future?
    so ,stop talking anything bad about China,I know it more than you ,and what is more! I can change it ,but you can't ~ you will be welcome when you tell me your thinking about how to make the this country more better ,more strong~!
    Nobody is considoring china a threat, money is the new power, wars are fought on the stock exchange and trade, its the people of china we are worried about, i guess a great many of us are just too darn impatient for the day when someone doesnt dissappear in china for saying the wrong thing about the government.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12