Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Trust and rivalries between China and the US

Post Trust and rivalries between China and the US

This article is an excellent summary of the present Sino-American relations.

The Economist : Looking for common ground

A few questions for discussions :

1) Is the US trying to encircle China militarily ?

2) Does the USA see China as a real threat, or is it just being careful ?

3) Would the PRC ever invade Taiwan, eventhough it may lead to a war with the US, and possibly also Japan ?

4) Is it a good thing for the US to manufacture its own products in China ? It certainly helps corporations make bigger profits, but also creates unemployment in the US.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

About 1>, Yes ,of course. or ,what will U.S do to spread so many amry around China as the pic. show?

About 2>, Not absolutely,there are two part of opinion in the U.S. Many American are friendly to China!

About 3>, That depends on Taiwan's attitude or action, and I believe it will surely drag U.S and Japan in.And,I doubt it will have a war! because,see this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Pa...mainland_China.
    Treat TaiWan like to treat a naughty child. Surely ,parentes don't want to beat their children,so always gally them ! but if the child is too naughty,then ,parentes will beat him!

And the last one:I have no ideas! but one thing I can confirm is the unemployment in China is higher than U.S.
    Last edited by 4321go; Nov 19, 2005 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    Nope, why should they?

As a potential threat, I suppose.

3) Would the PRC ever invade Taiwan, eventhough it may lead to a war with the US, and possibly also Japan ?
    Perhaps, there are enough idiots in the PLA & the PRC who would. The question is "How much influence do these idiots have?"

4) Is it a good thing for the US to manufacture its own products in China ? It certainly helps corporations make bigger profits, but also creates unemployment in the US.
    That's globalisation for you. I doubt that we should return (well, return, has it ever really disappeared?) to mercantilism or protectionism.

Yes. Indeed. The alliance of US-Japan is used for that.

Potential threat.

China reunification will come one day, this is inevitable. But the method of reunify is rather using peaceful way than force.

Since China joined WTO, US has no reason to pratice it protectionism from China. Yes. Globalization~~~~

I am pleased to see you guys to correct my language mistakes... � りがとうございます〜〜

Partly not fully because China has more than 1,3 billion people, military spending has been increasing a lot in the last 17 years and China's intentions of what it'll exactly do with such a huge army isn't clear.

A possible threat to the balance and stability of the region and the world.

I'm afraid yes. I hope all the people in Taiwan can decide their future eventually on their own.

There should be a balance between what is produced in other countries and the unemployment that's therefore being created.
    台湾共和国 Republic of Taiwan.
    Freedom for Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    This article is an excellent summary of the present Sino-American relations.
    The Economist : Looking for common ground
    A few questions for discussions :
    1. not sure, the general public don't know and can't know what they are planning in pentagon. but u can't call it a circle withou russia. so relax, and don't worry about it.

2. potential threat to what is unclear?
    threat to US security? maybe not..
    threat to world dominance? maybe, GOP Amercians do like to be the dicatator of world (no UN), at least the US militray do want to be the one and only one supreme force on the planet.
    threat to regional stablilty? depends, if taiwan factor counts, maybe yes, but expecting china to invade other nations(not include ROC) is very unlikely.

3. depends on the number of idiots on both side, but as long as they can sit down and talk, there won't be any invasion, people in PRC didn't want to see bloodshed either.. so do rest of the world.

4. globlization is a good one, however, the welfare of the third nations should be our concern in the near future instead of the unemployment rate of US. and it will help global security too..

Quote Originally Posted by Wang
    [I]
    I'm afraid yes. I hope all the people in Taiwan can decide their future eventually on their own.
    it all depend on you, my friend. the number of you and your anti-ROC friends will be a key factor to determine how many idiots and how much is their influence in PLA. it's called Yin-Yang
    sit down and have some talk will be a much better choice I believe you still have a ROC passport/ID right?

In fact,since PRC was born,USA never stopped encircling China--especially on the Pacific Ocean.

I think China's not strong enough to be a real threat of USA, maybe in the future~

firstly,if PRC attacks Taiwan-it's not "invade"..secondary,China hasn't invaded any country in last 700years,and It doesn't have the need to invade.Unless others invade China ,Chinese will do anything to defend their motherland-no matter how powerful the enrmy is.

Generally,what caused unenployment are usually some faluts in the market of
    one country---but the government always says it's caused by other nation's
    products---

firstly,if PRC attacks Taiwan-it's not "invade"..secondary,China hasn't invaded any country in last 700years,and It doesn't have the need to invade.Unless others invade China ,Chinese will do anything to defend their motherland-no matter how powerful the enrmy is.
    What do you think the recent summit talk between China and Korea?
    I think the ancient Goguryeo was just a vassel state, but no matter how you love the history, they should talk about more current issues. At least, Chinese people came to know how Korean people love their history.

Quote Originally Posted by pipokun View Post
    What do you think the recent summit talk between China and Korea?
    I think the ancient Goguryeo was just a vassel state, but no matter how you love the history, they should talk about more current issues. At least, Chinese people came to know how Korean people love their history.
    For the history--Korea is just korea,How can you compare China with Korea!
    If so, you can compare Japan with Greece!

Yes!
    Yes! A potential threat.
    The PRC will never invade Taiwan.Taiwan is part of China,there is no doubt that China will get reunification on day.Whether there will be a war between Mainland and Taiwan,it depends on the USA's attitude.
    Yes! Globalism is good for the two sides.