1 4.76%
  • I should wear glasses/contact lenses but I don't know what I have

2 9.52%
  • I wear glasses/contact lenses but I don't know what I have

2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Do you have eye problems ?

Do you have eye problems ?

Rare of the people with a perfect eyesight nowadays. Many people suffer from myopia (shortsightedness), some from astigmatism (problems seeing lines), others from presbyopia (a kind of farsightedness) or hypermetropia (farsightedness). Some people cannot distinguish green from red, which is called Daltonism (color blindness). There is also a condition known as night myopia, in which the person cannot see well in low illumination areas.

I suffer from slight myopia. What are you ?

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

I had amblyopia (lazy eye) when I was very young, but trained my eyes well enough that i would move them relatively individually of each other.

Unfortunately my right eye is legally blind, but that's because my left eye is so dominant that the right one gets tired easily. This means that corrective lenses
    do very little for me.

Im badly shortsigted, but with my contact lenses ( or specs ) i can see just fine.
    but if i lose them or something .. im almost tehnicaly classified as "partially sighted", so i am useless without my eye wear.
    I have a bit of astigmatism too, but its corrected.
    Im lucky i guess. One of my friends has really bad eye sight. She wears contact lenses too .. but it doesnt correct all of it .. she has some degree of color blindness .. im not sure the name of the condition .. she cant see pale colors properly, like if someone write red pen on white paper it cause her a problem.
    My dream would be to have perfect vision .. but .. having known a few blind people i feel lucky i have my vision at all.

I have very slight presbyopia (only +0.25), but not through age as I have had it since I was about 9 or 10. I can see perfectly well without glasses, although I have to hold whatever I'm looking at at arms' length. If I don't wear my glasses for close work I get a headache.
    "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
    merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

Currently playing: Agarest on PS3
    Currently reading: The Devil Rides Out by Dennis Wheatley

I'm badly short-sighted. I can manage to find my way around without glasses but it is incredibly unnerving because of the blurriness.

I've had glasses/contacts since about 5th grade, and my eyes got progressively worse through school. They seem to have stabilized at about -3.75, which I hear is only slightly before the cutoff point of eligibilty for laser eye surgery. I wear contacts exclusively now.

I plan on fixing my eyes since my health benefits cover some of it. The worst part is waking up with either blurred vision (imagine if there was a fire) or leaving my contacts in and them drying out.
    Go Trojans! Fight On!

Slight myopia and wear contacts. I don't think I can handle wearing glasses all the time, seems like too much of a hussle.

I just visited my eye doctor, and he told me that my eyesight hasn't changed since last year which is a good news. I can read fine without contacts when I hold a book upclose.

a non member
    I don't have problems with my eyes, well not YET... I'm sure I will get it in the future.

at least glasses aren't taboo anymore.

strong hyperopia.. i have it since i was child, but i wear glasses just for last couple of years, because until i started my faculty and hard work day and night (drawing...and later on computer also), i havent big problems...
    good reminder, i should visit my doctor soon...

to this day i have no eye problems yet... however i'm really into glasses and ppl who wear them... btw alma is good to see you back

thanks duo it is good to be back here.. hopefully, i'll be around more often again

You SPAM/We BAN !

Jref Made Me Go Blind.......

shortly after becoming addicted to JREF, I was driving home one afternoon and became blind in my left eye and had just tunnel vission in my right eye. Took a couple asprin and lay down, it went away? A week later the same thing happen again for a half hour. The third time it happened I went to an eye surgeon(dumb ol me hates going to doctors). At the time I was reading 2 or 3 hours a day and spending 3 to 5 hours on JREF. Turns out it was due to eye strain; the doc called it optic migrain, no head ache, just temporary blindness. So his solution was to give up reading or give up JREF; I no longer read!

Frank

TAKE WHAT I SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SUGAR !!
    I USED TO BE FUNNY, BUT MY WIFE HAD ME NEUTERED!

Pink Lady's Number #1 Fan Flashjeff's Avatar
    I guess I'm farsighted since I wear glasses when I read or at the computer as I am now. Guess I'm not invulnerable after all!
    "It's better to try and fail than to never try at all."
    -Jeffrey C. Branch, crackpot philosopher

Interested in old school J-Pop? Please visit my website:
    Pink Lady: The Website!

Many thanks to Ayu-youkou for this mondo cool banner!

Returning student
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    Rare of the people with a perfect eyesight nowadays. Many people suffer from myopia (shortsightedness), some from astigmatism (problems seeing lines), others from presbyopia (a kind of farsightedness) or hypermetropia (farsightedness). Some people cannot distinguish green from red, which is called Daltonism (color blindness). There is also a condition known as night myopia, in which the person cannot see well in low illumination areas.

I suffer from slight myopia. What are you ?
    I get short sitedness and the other one mixed up.

I'm 17,I can easily see things close up, but not far away.
    私の趣味は金貨集めです。
    I collect gold coins

//amblyopia//
    I have a "lazy eye" as well. Well, what the medical definition is anyways. I guess it's because one eye is stronger than the other. It wasn't always like this, but it's become worse with time. One eye is 20/20, the other is like 20/40, maybe a bit worse.
    I should where a contact, but it was difficult for me to get used to. Besides that, I didn't go into the eye doctor because of my "lazy eye", I went because I have a lot of excess "floaters" in my eyes, and they are getting worse and worse. The optometrist didn't tell me anything about that.
    Ichiban!

I have Astigmatism in both of my eyes, but it's really bad in my left one and not as bad in my right one.
    The beauty of my rain, death isn't sleeping!

Avatar made by taxader-me especally for me

I'm very shortsighted, and have a slight astigmatism. I wear contacts (and sometimes specs).

Like you really wanted to know that...

i guess i have amblyopia. my right eye is lazy and has slight myopia too whereas my left eye is normal.

So....Sleepy...*snore* Kuro_Tsubasa69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nice gaijin
    I had amblyopia (lazy eye) when I was very young, but trained my eyes well enough that i would move them relatively individually of each other.

Unfortunately my right eye is legally blind, but that's because my left eye is so dominant that the right one gets tired easily. This means that corrective lenses
    do very little for me.

That's the exact same thing as me, except it's in my left eye.
    "I don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys 'r us kid"

I'm nearsighted, only badly on my right eye though My father,brother and sister wear glasses too, go figure who the culprit is ! :/
    I wear glasses since 1st grade, last year I started to wear glasses almost every day when using the pc, tv, movies,etc...I can't stand anything close to my eyes, so I guess contacts are a "nono" for me
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

I am longsighted, badly in my right eye. I also have a slight astigmatism in my left. I started wearing contacts about 18 months ago, but I still wear my specs for work and for my archery. I probably get it from my father, as he is also long sighted. My mother is shortsighted, but she blames having me for her bad eyesight. The real pig is my brother has perfect eyesight
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy

I've been using computers for 15 years and the only eye issue I have is Mild Deuteranopia.
    Yeah tongue twister eh. It's basically slight colour-blindness. All it means is that I can't do those funky coloured dot (Ishihara) tests. http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html

Apart from that it's not a problemo. The grass isn't red, and jellybeans aren't all grey.

Ground Oddity
    I wear glasses since I was 8 y.o. thanks to that stupid box called television...

Planet Scotland is Blue and there's nothing I can do!!!

I have mid myopia. Right eye slightly more than left eye. Started way back in junior high. Wear contacts most of the time now.