Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racism in China

Quote Originally Posted by warakawa
    chinese tend to view caucasians and japanese more the more superior. but blacks and middle easts ppl as inferior beings.
    Actually, that is untrue. While most of them may be impressed by the quality and creativity of Japanese products, they are definitely not viewed as "superior" by any stretch of the imagination. I suspect the mindset is that these Japs had a head-start but the Chinese will soon catch-up and perhaps, surpass(?) them, faster than they would of the Westerners at this point in time.

Furthermore, I don't think all caucasians are viewed as superior, only certain Westerners - probably those from countries viewed as economic successes. I won't be surprised if the general consensus is that the major powers in WW2 (e.g. Americans, Germans) are probably viewed far more positively than east-europeans or mediterraneans.

I'm Chinese. I should know.

Hell yeah. They are VERY racist. In fact, they are just as racist as Americans. They have really mean racist jokes about Americans, africans, europeans, and especially Indian.
    GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by MWThomas
    Is there racism in China?
    sure racism in China against Japanese because they were defeated by "Japanese student" or by "little Japan". Chinese had never thought Japan a nation respectable though Japan is the first Asian nation that has been listed in the world's most developed countries, and is the first one that had beaten westerners out of Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    Well...I am of chinese origins and when speaking chinese, I noticed that there was 2 mains groups: The people called litterally "Yellow-kind-humans" and "Ghosts" for foreigners ^^'
    For exemple I often hear the term "black-ghost" for dark skinned people and "Ghost" for caucassians...

Dunno about the main mentality though...
    the 'evil' term is used for any countries other than china.
    i don't think it's racist, it's just habit for the elderlies. and the 'evil' term is not only used when talking bout race, it's used anywhere in the language, just like the word 'damn' in english.
    They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbackman
    It seems that Chinese look more on skin color rather than race then, correct? Because skin color is usually the worst determinant of "race".

Skin color is based more on climatic conditions than race. Any race that lives closer to the equator will have darker skin. Do Chinese know this?
    sure they know.
    and they also know that racism is everywhere in the world either based on the race or based on skin colour ---what's the difference ? discrimination as it was, have you ever been discriminated in your own country, same nationality, the legal citizen there..?

if not, lucky you.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscreature
    sure racism in China against Japanese because they were defeated by "Japanese student" or by "little Japan". Chinese had never thought Japan a nation respectable though Japan is the first Asian nation that has been listed in the world's most developed countries, and is the first one that had beaten westerners out of Asia.
    oh come on..

are we gonna talk again bout china-japan relationships based on blabla history blabla wars blabla hate ? i thought it's all over the forum already, and it's all a dead end.
    fighting over historiesy, arguing whether the history is true or fake where no one actually know the answers.

how come any discussion about china always lead to anything related to japan as in the war....?
    there's more than that. sure..much more than those stuff.

ok..
    move on

Quote Originally Posted by Timey
    oh come on..

are we gonna talk again bout china-japan relationships based on blabla history blabla wars blabla hate ? i thought it's all over the forum already, and it's all a dead end.
    fighting over historiesy, arguing whether the history is true or fake where no one actually know the answers.

how come any discussion about china always lead to anything related to japan as in the war....?
    there's more than that. sure..much more than those stuff.

ok..
    move on
    What's a pitty!
    It's only your view, not views in China. If you have chance to live in China, you would find almost all of the topics about Japan/Japanese are hatred and discriminal against Japan. You would find much much more about that but other things.
    Japanese, wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscreature
    What's a pitty!
    It's only your view, not views in China. If you have chance to live in China, you would find almost all of the topics about Japan/Japanese are hatred and discriminal against Japan. You would find much much more about that but other things.
    Japanese, wake up!
    you're right.
    but what's with another point of views ? it's true that the racism against japanese might be based on the history facts.
    how about the other case ? is there another case that's not based on anything to do with the war ?
    it's not like every racism has anything to do with the past (read:war happened long ago before most of us weren't even born yet), right ?

what do you think ?
    i'm more interesed if there's anyone can give a new perspective bout this kind of stuff.

sorry if i sounded offensive.
    maybe i was just fed up by reading too much bout 'war this war that' about china-japan all over the forum it started to sound like a broken record.
    yea yea...i know, shouldn't have complained bout it and burst it out on you.
    and shouldn't have posted when i was pissed and bored to hell.
    it's a forum anyway.

and i'm not a japanese.

cheers.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    History facts shmistory fracts, Racism is considored by most civilised developed nations as wrong. period. For whatever reasons.

This history justification brings up another point, if you can excuse racism towards a country based on history, can we justify passing on the punishment and guilt and sins of the father onto his son?.

Do modern Japanese someone carry an obligation to Asia anymore?.

If Japan were to satisfy every demand and expectation of China, should China follow suit and leave Tibet?.

Racism as always ussually has more in common with political agenda's then actual justifiable hatred and contempt.

If I was to punch you in the nose for nor eason, that is reason to hate me, if I just happen to be distantly associated with someone else that punched you in the nose, am i still deserving of hate?.

Somethnig to think over.

not just a punch on your nose

Quote Originally Posted by nurizeko

If I was to punch you in the nose for nor eason, that is reason to hate me, if I just happen to be distantly associated with someone else that punched you in the nose, am i still deserving of hate?.

Somethnig to think over.
    no offense
    just asking

if i happened to be a second cousin of a daughter of an uncle of a close friend of a father of a man who killed your whole family members for no reason and leave you alive -just because you were 'lucky' enough to be 'invisible'- with some wounds that'll never heal forever, will you ever have a possibility to hate me ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12