Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Maciamo

Returning student

Thanks Maciamo

Maciamo, i just wanted to say, good job! I LOVE your post, especially about predjuce agianst foreigners, its so true! Of the few ive spoken to in america, who know no english, they are the same to me. Even when I try to speak in japanese

I ask you this, japan is a great country, but with your posts, it doesn't seem like your having a very good or fun time there. Why do you want to live there?
    私の趣味は金貨集めです。
    I collect gold coins

Maybe you will like it in Japan.Not all Japanese are like that, don't go off generalizing and think every Japanese is like this.These are Maciamo's experiences, but other people have different opinions and don't feel the same as Maciamo.You have to experience it before you can give a clear image of how you percept Japanese people.Do you think because you spoke to 3 or 4 Japanese people you know every one of them? If you really do then I suggest you wake up and smell the coffee!
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

Maciamo is no longer in Japan, GCL...

Anyway, if I were going to study in Japan (I'm not by the way; I'm going to Taiwan), I would tell everyone that I am German, and speak no English. Then, I'd kindly ask them to speak Japanese.
    これからも絶対頑張る〜

修行中
    That could be a problem if they know some German, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoinLover
    Maciamo, i just wanted to say, good job! I LOVE your post, especially about predjuce agianst foreigners, its so true! Of the few ive spoken to in america, who know no english, they are the same to me. Even when I try to speak in japanese

I ask you this, japan is a great country, but with your posts, it doesn't seem like your having a very good or fun time there. Why do you want to live there?
    I don't see why this wasn't posted in the thread you're talking about. That's usually how forums work -- you respond to a post by posting in the thread it's in.

Just out of curiosity, why has Maciamo gone back to Europe? I had no Internet for about five weeks and have come back to find my favourite poster/(ranter) gone.

Glenn:
    Yeah, true... Then I'll say something like 我是中國人・・・我不説德語。再見!

修行中
    If you could get by with that, then they probably wouldn't try speaking English to you in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko
    Just out of curiosity, why has Maciamo gone back to Europe? I had no Internet for about five weeks and have come back to find my favourite poster/(ranter) gone.
    That Japan and its people irritated him enough to inspire so many rants should provide you with more than enough info to figure out why he went back to Europe. I spotted it months before it happened, although I didn't think he would actually leave for at least another year. He did well to make it as long as he did; very few people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

I don't see why this wasn't posted in the thread you're talking about. That's usually how forums work -- you respond to a post by posting in the thread it's in.
    Given that they are all so similar in nature I think this was more a response of general agreement to Maciamo's positions and experiences.

修行中
    If that's true then why did he say this:

I LOVE your post, especially about predjuce agianst foreigners, its so true!
    That indicates that there is one particular post he's talking about, not the general sentiment of a multitude of posts.

If that's true then why did he say this:

That indicates that there is one particular post he's talking about, not the general sentiment of a multitude of posts.
    Perhaps just a typo. There's nothing in the rest of it to indicate otherwise. Anyway, Maciamo's musings are so interchangeable the responses don't tend to vary a lot from thread to thread that this 'response' could be moved or not to any or all with little impact.

修行中
    The same typo twice? I doubt it. I find it consistent enough to show that he had a particular post in mind when he wrote that.

The same typo twice? I doubt it. I find it consistent enough to show that he had a particular post in mind when he wrote that.
    Then try finding where it is that Maciamo has felt wronged and aggrieved as a foreigner and stick it there.

修行中
    That's part of the problem. I know he's said it many times, which is why I didn't even bother trying to guess which post in particular GCL was commenting on. That still doesn't mean that GCL didn't have one particular one in mind when he was responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth
    Then try finding where it is that Maciamo has felt wronged and aggrieved as a foreigner and stick it there.
    That would require the butterfly to stop flapping about and light on a particular twig. Which is expecting a bit much, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijinian
    Glenn:
    Yeah, true... Then I'll say something like 我是中� 人・・・我不説コ語。再見!
    Just speak Japanese, and people reply you back in Japanese.
    Or don't forget to bring a pen and paper for your communication in writing when you try to communicate in Taiwanese here. Simplified characters are more difficult for Japanese than traditonal ones.

Have you tried a Japanese restaurant ? If there are some in Glendale, GCL, with Japanese speaking staff....that may be the safest place to try out the few sentences and phrases in your repertoire.

It's a hard truth to swallow, but basically you aren't going to get a lot of respect here or there until your skills improve and you feel comfortable having a meaningful (read understandable) conversation. I mean last time I was in Japan I had one guy on the train to the airport, obviously full of foreign tourists, who looked uncomfortable sitting across from me until he realized that I could read the paper and order my own food. It's extremely rude and disgraceful (and fortunately, extremely rare) but all the complaining and ranting in the world isn't going to any thing .... the only thing that will is studying hard and seriously.

Returning student
    It's a hard truth to swallow, but basically you aren't going to get a lot of respect here or there until your skills improve and you feel comfortable having a meaningful (read understandable) conversation. :

Oh, really? Just because I can't have a long conversation in japanese with someone I'm not going to get respect here? (That is the most bullsh*t I ever heard, it takes a LOT of hard work to do this, and alot of time)

If you mean HERE, then, it takes even more work, because you have to write kanji. This has really pushed me over the edge, elizabeth. And I've lost all my respect for you, entirely.

Fuc* this forum. I'm not coming here again, (This thread wasn't even in fact about my japanese learning, yet you and others somehow like to morph it into it ! )

I'm getting a japanese book (And if no one here is sending me one, I'll buy one) I don't even need this forum.

Sorry, it's just, one too many straws for me. It's obvious, you people hate me. You won't even respect it that I TRY to speak japanese, and since I can't a write a long (written) conversation here, I don't deserve any respect?

Returning student
    It was a TYPO.

You know, I write this thread, to thank someone, and I get flamed. Very fun. Oh yeah, it makes me wnat to come back here, again and again and again.

Oh, really? Just because I can't have a long conversation in japanese with someone I'm not going to get respect here? (That is the most bullsh*t I ever heard, it takes a LOT of hard work to do this, and alot of time)

If you mean HERE, then, it takes even more work, because you have to write kanji. This has really pushed me over the edge, elizabeth. And I've lost all my respect for you, entirely.

Fuc* this forum. I'm not coming here again, (This thread wasn't even in fact about my japanese learning, yet you and others somehow like to morph it into it ! )

I'm getting a japanese book (And if no one here is sending me one, I'll buy one) I don't even need this forum.

Sorry, it's just, one too many straws for me. It's obvious, you people hate me. You won't even respect it that I TRY to speak japanese, and since I can't a write a long (written) conversation here, I don't deserve any respect?
    I actually meant here in the US talking to Japanese people, not by us on this forum. It may be a day late and dollar short -- but I am very sorry if there was any misunderstanding

Returning student
    I actually meant here in the US talking to Japanese people, not by us on this forum. It may be a day late and dollar short -- but I am very sorry if there was any misunderstanding
    No problem. I had a feeling it was a
    誤解. I should be able to hold conversations with them better, but at least I try.

Nevertheless, I'm tired of this forum and getting attacked/flamed, etc.

No problem. I had a feeling it was a
    誤解. I should be able to hold conversations with them better, but at least I try.

Nevertheless, I'm tired of this forum and getting attacked/flamed, etc.
    Just ignore them or stick primarily to the language section and gradually fan out -- or up or down -- from there. I think a lot of the responses you get now are actually based on your past behavior, too. So even if you have changed it takes most of them a little while to notice... It still isn't any reason to quit

Where I'm Supposed to Be kirei_na_me's Avatar

Can I just say that I agree completely?

That is all.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Wouldn't this had been better as a PM instead of a thread?
    GCL you need to calm down and try not to take offence so easily.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast