Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Best sightseeing places in Shanghai

Arrow Best sightseeing places in Shanghai

For those of you who have been to Shanghai, what are your sightseeing recommendations ?

For people who only have 1 day, I would recommend to start from the old town around YuYuan Gardens, then walk up the Bund (old British and American district along the river), continue on Nanjing Road (one of the world's great shopping street) until Renmin Square, visit the Shanghai Museum, then head for Pudong at sunset, and go up the Jinmao Tower. Tip : rather than pay to go to the 88th floor, you can have a drink or eat at some restaurants at the Grand Hyatt on the 87th or 86th floor for cheaper or about the same price. The view is almost as good (not 360 degree though), and you get a free meal in a luxury hotel instead ! If you feel like eating something esle, lower floors (56th...) of the Grand Hyatt also have a nice view. Incidentally, it is the highest hotel in the world.

With one more day, go to the medieval town of Qibao () in the suburbs, visit the French Concession and shopping streets around, and if you have time, go back to one of the previous places for more exploration or shopping. There is a 360-degree revolving restaurant at the top of the Ocean Hotel, in the North-East. You can have dinner there (not very good though) or just have a drink (preferable) and enjoy the magnificient view on both Pudong and the Bund.

I only stayed two days. Any other good place ?

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

A boattrip at night is quite nice, don't go during day as it's nicer at night.It seems you pretty much summed up the things/places I did/visited When I remember some places I'll add them
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

FaHua temple

XiLin tower

Wen temple iabout Confuciusj

ChenHuang temple

There are more about it Cbut the most impression for me is the 4 itemes above!

If you're in the mood for classy atmosphere, have a drink on the rooftop terrace of M on the Bund, offering a terrific view over the Bund and Pudong River. Excellent service, but do not order champagne.

I also enjoyed the tranquil atmosphere of Longhua Temple in the southeast of Shanghai. Took me 1.5 hours to walk there from Beijing Lu, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4321go!

You have shared nice images of temple. These photographs are fascinating and helpful to grab the attention of tourists. I have visited the ChenHuang temple, but during my next tour I would like to explore the other temples to see the construction style of these places.