Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: 170,000 commuters stranded in Tokyo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow 170,000 commuters stranded in Tokyo

NHK Daily News

Quote Originally Posted by NHK
    Train service on the inner tracks of the Yamanote loop line in central Tokyo was suspended for nearly five hours on Monday due to loose wiring, affecting 170,000 passengers.

East Japan Railway suspended service on the Yamanote Line after finding loose wiring at Tokyo Station at around 8:15 a.m., affecting morning rush-hour commuters.
    Fortunately, Tokyo's extensive train and subway system allowed most passengers to reach their destination using other lines (at extra time and cost).

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

I could just imagine the hassle...then again, I guess my imagination's quite limited to our miniscule (by comparison, I presume) rush hour crowd here.

What a nightmare! I can only picture shinjuku station during rush hour, I can't imagine getting worse than that but yeesh...

Oi, that must have been rough. I wonder what was worse, the wait, or the mad rush when the system came back online.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    Im so happy i live in a small city where i can get two different bus' into town within 15 minutes, and its small enough that i can get a good walk home within an hour or two.

I've told my girlfriend if i live in Japan with hers its going to be on the very edges of a city or downright out in the country, i couldnt stand urban japan for years on end...

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    NHK Daily News
    Fortunately, Tokyo's extensive train and subway system allowed most passengers to reach their destination using other lines (at extra time and cost).
    I would say people in Paris have similar problems due to strikes. My husband does not like living in very crowded cities, that's why we don't live in Paris, even he has been offered jobs over there at better a pay. Well when we move to Australia he won't be pissed about the crowded places anymore. Australia is a big country with little population.