• 1.3 I have watched Episode III : Revenge of the Sith

10 83.33%
  • 1.4 I have watched Episode IV : A New Hope

12 100.00%
  • 1.5 I have watched Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back

12 100.00%
  • 1.6 I have watched Episode VI : Return of the Jedi

12 100.00%
  • 1.7 I haven't watched any Star Wars movie.

0 0%
  • 2.1 My favourite is Episode I : The Phantom Menace

0 0%
  • 2.2 My favourite is Episode II : Attack of the Clones

0 0%
  • 2.3 My favourite is Episode III : Revenge of the Sith

4 33.33%
  • 2.4 My favourite is Episode IV : A New Hope

3 25.00%
  • 2.5 My favourite is Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back

4 33.33%
  • 2.6 My favourite is Episode VI : Return of the Jedi

1 8.33%
  • 3.1 My favourite character is Yoda

0 0%
  • 3.2 My favourite character is Obiwan Kenobi

2 16.67%
  • 3.3 My favourite character is Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vador

4 33.33%
  • 3.4 My favourite character is Padme Amidala

0 0%
  • 3.5 My favourite character is Luke Skywalker

2 16.67%
  • 3.6 My favourite character is Leia Skywalker

0 0%
  • 3.7 My favourite character is Han Solo

3 25.00%
  • 3.8 My favourite character is Chewbacca

1 8.33%
  • 3.8 My favourite character is C-3PO

1 8.33%
  • 3.9 My favourite character is R2D2

1 8.33%
  • 3.10 My favourite character is the Emperor/Palpatine

1 8.33%
  • 4.1 My favourite music theme in Episode III is Darth Vador's

6 50.00%
  • 4.2 My favourite music theme in Episode III is the Emperor's

2 16.67%
  • 4.3 My favourite music theme in Episode III is Chancellor Palpatine

1 8.33%
  • 4.4 My favourite music theme in Episode III is Anakin Skywaler's

1 8.33%
  • 4.5 My favourite music theme in Episode III is Padme's

1 8.33%
  • 4.6 My favourite music theme in Episode III is Yoda's

0 0%
  • 4.7 My favourite music theme in Episode III is General Grievious's

0 0%
  • 4.8 My favourite music theme in Episode III is Obiwan Kenobi's

3 25.00%
  • 4.9 My favourite music theme in Episode III is Mace Windu's

2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: You & Star Wars

You & Star Wars

Here is a quadruple quiz for fans and not so fans (any non-fans here ?).

For question 4 (favourite music theme of Episode III), check Star Wars' official websiste and reload the page until you have heard all the character's theme. Padme's theme is not there, but you can hear it in the trailer.
    Last edited by Maciamo; Jul 14, 2005 at 12:10.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

still have to see the new one.... hopefully sometime soon before it leaves theaters so I get the full effect of the sound and picture and everything

Comfortably Ignorant Faustianideals's Avatar
    I loved all the Star Wars movies. They breathed new life to the whole Sci-Fi genre.

I jump to conclusions mad pierrot's Avatar

Exclamation My favorite Character is....

Palpatine/Emperor.

When you think about it, he's really the most important character after the Skywalkers. Not to mention he's a master manipulator, dark-side weilding bad-***. I was actually rooting for him in episode 3. Also worth noting, he was one of the few in episode 3 who could actually act.

Cs’†
    Sorry to be the idiot, but I actually like resolution in a film and in a series. I voted "Return of the Jedi" as my favorite of the movies, although "The Empire Strikes Back" is a very close second.

My favorite character is Luke Skywalker, for much the same reason that I voted "Jedi" as my favorite of the movies. Of course, Yoda is great, and I actually like the emperor in "Jedi" -- he has some classic lines, and I like the delivery: "Good. I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take you weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards the dark side will be complete."
    "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive."
    "From here you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance, and the end of your insignificant rebellion."
    "Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station!" I could go on and on with this one.

Also, one of my favorite lines in the movie was at the beginning when Vadar arrives at the new Death Star and warns the Commander about the progress:

Commander: Lord Vadar, this is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence.

Vadar: You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I am here to put you back on schedule.

Commander: I assure you, Lord Vadar, my men are working as fast as they can.

Vadar: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.

Commander: I tell you, this station will be operational as planned.

Vadar: The emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Commander: But he asks the impossible. I need more men.

Vadar: Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.

Commander: The emperor's coming here?

Vadar: That is correct, Commander, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.

Commander: We shall double our efforts.

(one of my favorite lines)Vadar: I hope so, Commander, for your sake. The emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

That's good stuff.

As far as favorite themes from Episode III, I cheated. The classics have a special place in my heart, and Darth Vadar's theme ("The Imperial March") and Obi-wan Kenobi's theme ("The Jedi Theme/Luke's Theme") are two of my favorites from the original series. However, I love the dissonance of Mace Windu's theme (reminds me of Prokofiev), so I voted for all three of those. Sorry.

You really opened up a can of worms with this one, Maciamo. Sorry if I got carried away, but I just love "Star Wars."

Well, if we are going to go multi-vote, I also like the rythm of General Grievious's theme, and of course Darth Vador and Obiwan Kenobi's (classics).

As for my 'favourite' passages, I like the emotional intensity when Anakin tries to rescue his mother in Episode II, but fails and start turning to the dark side of the force. I cry everytime I see him explain the scene to Padme.

Cs’†
    I didn't really like any of the new movies. Of all of them, though, Episode III was by far my favorite. Since I thought the dialogue in all of them was awful, none of it stands out as positively memorable to me. Most of it I'd rather forget.

Talking Nice post Glenn!

I love Jedi the best, too. The battle of Endor gets me so pumped it's not even funny. All my buddies are Star Wars geeks like me. My best friend back home has the best call name ever; Landosystem!

Funny story; once while I was driving home on the expressway in Chicago during a storm/tornado watch I just happend to be listening to the battle of endor. Tree branches were falling in the road, rain was dropping visibility to nil, the wind was rocking the car, and all of it was in time with the music!

"Chewie, get us outta here!" (I yelled that to my buddy sitting shotgun.)

Now it's time for those great star wars jokes.

You know you're a Star Wars geek when...

1. When you pass out while trying to move a pencil across the desk with the Force.

14. You think you are the life of the party because you imitate Yoda's voice and have him say things a Jedi master wouldn't say.

15. Whenever you get in trouble, you mutter "I have a bad feeling about this."

18. When you need to go to the toilet, you say "Intensify Foward firepower, I don't want anything to get through"

25. You know you're a Star Wars geek when you unsuccessfully get the last cheerio in the bowl and instinctively mutter, "The Force is strong in this one."

35. Before sex, you look at your penis and say "Get in there, you furry oaf, I don't care what you smell!"

36. You're a Star Wars geek when your teacher hands you your test back and says "commas are your weakness." You shoot back: "And your faith in your friends is yours!"

17. When your father asks you how fast your car is, you reply,"Fast enough for you, old man."

and a personal favorite....

40. when, you're drunker than you've ever been in your life and still know that the possibilitiy of successfully navigating an asteroid field is 3,720 to one.

*hides in a corner covering her head to stop being 'whacked'* ummm I dont think I have sat down to watch the whole of any Star Wars or Star Trek... Princess Leia had pretty hair if thats any consolation... now Im just going to go up to the top to make sure that Im talking about the right one.....
    If anyone wants to teach me about it, I think im ready to learn.
    I did like Dr. Who when I was younger though

Kara-Nari Smarty-Pants Wiz-Girl of the Southern Pacific Queen of Communication and International Arbitration and Diplomatic Solutions to Hairy Territorial Issues Her Majesty the Empress コクネ・ you quite rightly deserve the title for your individuality !

ummm I dont think I have sat down to watch the whole of any Star Wars or Star Trek...
    You mentioned Star Trek! NOW YOU'VE DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(joke)

8. You punch out trekkies who say "Death star my ***, I'd like to see those losers take out DS9".

Where I'm Supposed to Be kirei_na_me's Avatar
    I am a fan of the original three and that's it.

I haven't seen the new three and I'm not really dying to see them, either.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Seen them all at the cinema. Favourite has to be A new hope, mainly because I was eight when I saw it and I loved it (I cried when the Jawas zapped R2D2 ). I wanted to be Darth Vader and do nasty things to people. As for the music I think that it is a good score for all six films and the only thing that really that kept the newer ones more inline with the older ones.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy

hahah, that was precisely why I was hiding in the corner from you JRef bullies! I wasn't quite prepared for the blow torch however... at least I dont need to worry about washing my hair for a while.... hmm might save money on skin care too... seeing as there is now a LACK of skin....
    Geez.. so now you wanna teach me something about them???? *sob sob*

Talking

I've seen them all now and I must admit, Episode III is probably my favorite. In fact, the original Star Wars was the very first movie I saw in a movie theater back in the day. Imagine my surprise when as a youngster I witnessed this incredible magnum opus unfold before my very eyes. My imagination was sent reeling and i've been a hardcore fan ever since.

I don't know that if I hadn't seen the original trilogy before seeing Phantom Menace that I could have appreciated the story for its vision. Few movies in my time have left such an indelible impact while I was growing up and I can remember countless Saturday afternoons spent watching the originals who-knows-how-many-times with my friends (I stopped counting long ago).

Anyways, I guess now the circle is complete with the release of Episode III. I for one would like to salute Mr. Lucas for his visionary masterpiece. Sure... there will always be plenty of detractors now and in the immediate future who will just as likely claim "Star Wars sucks, fanboys are all losers and geeks, Leia has Cinnabuns for hair (no argument there I guess), etc. etc." but when all is said and done... Star Wars was THE catalyst that lit the fires of my imagination and was instrumental in shaping my love for all movies, regardless of genre. Thanks George, you rock! (Jar Jar aside...)

Star Wars does nothing for me. I apologise for the profanity, but I am a Trekkie. But I like Stargate even more.
    "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
    merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

Currently playing: Agarest on PS3
    Currently reading: The Devil Rides Out by Dennis Wheatley

A little off-subject but Trek had a good run imho. I am particularly fond of ST:TNG (Picard is just plain cool) although DS9 and the short-lived Enterprise weren't bad either. Voyager was... bleh. Generally speaking though I thought the regular series season premiers/finales tended to be better than most of the feature films, heh. Re: Stargate, I thought the feature film was mediocre at best (Archbaddie is the same guy from Crying Game?!? Oy vey...) but the television show is actually pretty darn good. I recently rented the recent Battlestar Galactica DVD at my local video shop here and was blown away with how good it was. Two thumbs up for anyone interested. *Gets back on topic* 8-p

Iron Chef said "I thought the feature film was mediocre at best (Archbaddie is the same guy from Crying Game?!? Oy vey...) but the television show is actually pretty darn good. I recently rented the recent Battlestar Galactica DVD at my local video shop here and was blown away with how good it was. Two thumbs up for anyone interested. "

heheh...after seeing *THAT* in the Crying Game, it's hard to look an alien in the face...heheh... And I was oh so ticked when they made Starbuck a GIRL!!! in the new Galactica series instead of a guy! How dare they mess with us like that??? The old series was great, not hooked to the new one yet. Agreed with ya on everything about Star Trek et al...would have loved more Enterprise episodes ...now back to the original thread & Star Wars...*yawn* nice special effects ;o)
    Even the smallest candle is bright in darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by mad pierrot
    Palpatine/Emperor.

blah blah blah Also worth noting, he was one of the few in episode 3 who could actually act.
    meh, maybe slightly better than anakin and padme... but you won't exactly win any academy awards for being better than those hacks.

Seriously, the 1-3 star wars movies had not one good actor... Yoda did the best acting for christ sake! and he's a muppet!
    I sorta wasn't too miffed about Obi-Wan either, but it could've been done better.. especially in a multi-fantasillion dollar movie.

And the directing was really bad... not to mention that the turning of anakin was odd to say the least...
    "come on, be dark!"
    "NEVER!"
    "come oooon!"
    "..."
    "Check it out.. red saber.. cool, huh?"
    "I don't know..."
    "You're already wearing the black gear... come oooon!"
    "but master Kenobi said.."
    "Oh again with him! tell me, you still love him don't you?"
    "It's not like that..."
    "look, I'll give you a lolly."
    "Ok, I'm in."
    "Great! go kill some children!"

still.. I liked all the movies.. in a I'm-going-to-ignore-those-plotholes-and-pretend-they-didn't-happen kinda way.
    –é˜IŽ€‹ê!

www.orz.eu
    I find affence at your post as I ware eyeglass and have lmited site.
    Sankyuu~!
    http://japan.orz.eu - A site for my trip to Japan.

Let me disagree with TwistedMac and Glenn who claim that the 3 new episodes are less good than the old ones.

I recentlt re-watch the 3 old ones after seeing Episode III. I was a bit shocked by a few things. Of course the special effects and music are not as good as the new ones, but the actors also don't look so good. Luke is not handsome and Leia no beautiful, especially compared to the dream couple Padme & Anakin (Nathalie Portman is one of the most beautiful actress I know, along with Liv Tyler).

I found their acting less good than Anakin, Obiwan or the Emperor in the new episodes. Yoda just looks ridiculous in Return of the Jedi after seeing the new episodes. I also found the action to be slower in the old episodes and the emotion of the scenes less deep than in Episode II and III (Episode I was relatively childish).

Something I love about Episode III is how smooth the connection with Episode IV is at the end (so much as I had imagined that I cried watching the last 5 minutes - maybe also due to the intensity of the music...).

My reproach in both Episode III and VI is the facility with which the emperor manages to turn Anakin or Luke to the dark side. It seems to me that Anakin had let his anger and hate dominate him much more in Episode II after his mother died than anytime in Episode III before becoming Darth Vador. I especially can't believe how Luke would have been turned to the dark side just for hitting the emperor, fisrt because he didn't have a past of hate and anger like Anakin, but also because he fought Darth Vador with as much rage as he would have attacked the emperor (maybe more) and was unscathed by the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    Let me disagree with TwistedMac and Glenn who claim that the 3 new episodes are less good than the old ones.
    now now... I didn't say that. I agree that the older ones are ALSO really bad in that respect (also after having watched them again) but that doesn't excuse 1-3 from being that bad.. this time around they had an ENORMOUS budget and people with MANY years of experience in the sci fi business... they SHOULD have done ALOT better.

Hmmm, i saw episode 3 just recently, i thought it was pretty good, but I'm not that big of a star wars fan. From all the characters in the new ones i'd say the one that annoys me the most is anakin. He has such idiotic lines and is stereotyped so much. I killed them all, women children, buhuhhuhu..... and why does obi wan have to be so damm weak, always getting thrashed by dooku. But I really do enjoy the Jedi fights, they are what keep my hooked into watching.... i actually really liked the fight between anakin and obi wan... and well, anakin just annoys me so much cuz he is so damm stupid... padme will die, i have to save padme

Furthermore, star wars is sometimes just way too geeky and nerdy. All these weird robots and planet systems, and what not. I really do feel that the best thing about star wars are the Jedi and their usage of the force. Of course Lucas was inspired on the idea of the jedi from old kurosawa movies but still a nice twist into makin the story more interesting.

I'm not a big star wars fan, i think i like better the 3 new ones than the old ones, although some of the new ones are very corny, especially ep1 when the young anakin gets into flying that fighter and destroys that huge ship, lucas really gave him some stupid stereotypical lines, whoooaaa hold on, this is nice trick, etc etc....

Anywyas, to sum up Ep 3 was quite good i feel, but not as good as the media and some people led me to beleive.