Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What meat have you tried ?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beef

41 100.00%
  • Pork

39 95.12%
  • Wild boar

12 29.27%
  • Venison (deer)

27 65.85%
  • Horse

13 31.71%
  • Antelope

7 17.07%
  • Kangaroo

8 19.51%
  • Ostrich/emu

16 39.02%
  • Turkey

37 90.24%
  • Chicken

40 97.56%
  • Pheasant

15 36.59%
  • Smaller birds (e.g. pigeon)

21 51.22%
  • Lamb

36 87.80%
  • Goat

14 34.15%
  • Camel

1 2.44%
  • Whale/dolphin

7 17.07%
  • Frog (legs)

20 48.78%
  • Rabbit

22 53.66%
  • Dog

3 7.32%
  • Snails

25 60.98%
  • Fried insects (grasshopers, cockroches...)

10 24.39%
  • Snake, lizard, turtle

7 17.07%
  • Duck, goose

30 73.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What meat have you tried ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Cherie
    Even though this isn't on the list, I was wondering if anyone here has tried cow tongue? It probably really isn't a meat, but I was just wondering.
    Yes !

It's quite mild in flavor, and I have some in the house as I write. Bought it from the deli this morning.

An excellent cold cut - great with mustard in a sandwich - or mixed with other cold cuts.

Easy to find - try it !

Bon Appetit!

ƒWƒ‡ƒ“
    Why have an electric toothbrush ... if you don't have electric teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuikan San
    Yes !

It's quite mild in flavor, and I have some in the house as I write. Bought it from the deli this morning.

An excellent cold cut - great with mustard in a sandwich - or mixed with other cold cuts.

Easy to find - try it !

Bon Appetit!

ƒWƒ‡ƒ“

I've tried cow tongue before, with BBQ sauce! I was reluctant at first, but I was cajoled into trying it and I liked it!
    "Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
    The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
    by Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

Quote Originally Posted by JustJosh
    Meh, nothing very strange I'm afraid. I'd love to try some insect based food someday though.
    I had Fried Crickets and Grasshoppers in Cambodia... tastes like fried chicken skin, just be sure to take the legs off first or they either a) get stuck in your teeth or b) tickle your throat. Really really wanted to eat a spider, as they are infamous there, but the one day I had the opportunity I had a sore stomach

Kara-Nari Smarty-Pants Wiz-Girl of the Southern Pacific Queen of Communication and International Arbitration and Diplomatic Solutions to Hairy Territorial Issues Her Majesty the Empress コクネ・ you quite rightly deserve the title for your individuality !

Economist in Residence lonesoullost3's Avatar
    I've had quite a few of the things listed up there. No whale, turtle (etc.), pheasant or smaller birds. I'm also missing out on horse, wild boar, camel, and rabbit - oh yes and kangaroo. But I have had alligator. It's very very good!
    http://www.operationdeep.org
    Create Possibilities.

Irregular Member
    I won't eat intelligent animals (dogs, pigs, horses, dolphins), bottom dwellers, bugs, and vermin (lobster, shrimp, snails, slugs, rats, mice, grasshoppers), or meat/carrion eaters (cats, vultures, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bramicus
    I won't eat intelligent animals (dogs, pigs, horses, dolphins), bottom dwellers, bugs, and vermin (lobster, shrimp, snails, slugs, rats, mice, grasshoppers), or meat/carrion eaters (cats, vultures, etc.)
    Hmmm...

Are we to assume, then ... that either you feel that bovines are dumb ... or you're vegetarian?

ƒWƒ‡ƒ“

Non-Member
    I'm surprised to see that "whale/dolphin" has more votes than "turtle/insect/etc"
    But the strangest thing I've eaten I think is jarred bee larvae. They're quite sweet, actually.

Beef, Rabbit, Lamb, Pork, Venison, Wild Boar, Bison, Moose, Ostrich, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Turkey, Pheasant, Quail, Partridge, Pigeon, Snail, Frog's Legs, Crab, Squid, Eel, Lobster, Crawfish, Alligator, Snake, Chocolate covered ants
    Yummy
    "We are all in the gutter,
    but some of us are looking at the stars."
    - Oscar Wilde

I have been a vegetarian for 16 years, but before that I didn't eat a lot of meat. I ate beef mostly, but I have also eaten pork and chicken. I tried escargot once, but I don't think you would say 'ate' it as I spat it out again!
    "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
    merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

Currently playing: Agarest on PS3
    Currently reading: The Devil Rides Out by Dennis Wheatley

Tonight I ate raw squid. I dont even like seafood anyway, but am not about to say I dont like something if I have never tried it. Its texture was more odd than the taste. It didnt really have a taste, and had been doused in lemon juice.
    Nice pink colour too.... passed on the sashimi though. But the wasabi smelt nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuyoiko
    I have been a vegetarian for 16 years, but before that I didn't eat a lot of meat. I ate beef mostly, but I have also eaten pork and chicken. I tried escargot once, but I don't think you would say 'ate' it as I spat it out again!
    I've half a mind to give you a "bad post" for that one!

Escargot are .... exquisite ...!

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12