Quote Originally Posted by Leroy_Brown
A member here who agrees with much of what I've got to say sent me the following PM:

"It's kinda strange to have a "JAPANESE" forum with so VERY few real Japanese members. The few times a Japanese person posts something, it gets stampeded
by Germans, Americans, Frenchmen etc. with their 'CORRECT' Japanese answer."
Not every member's personality and temperment is going to find resonance in Asian or the Japanese culture and there is nothing shameful in admitting that. What is objectionable is expressing frustration with so many any aspects of the life there (freely ranging from Japanese mindset, emotional expressiveness, language, art, culture....) nominally as a way of helping the people become aware of and ultimately solve their own problems. Most of which are patently obvious to anyone who has spent time there, foreigners and natives alike. Maciamo is obviously welcome to share his observations and inferences without reservation, but when the discussion degenerates from how to improve education or limit government corruption into subjective arguments over deeply held values and beliefs without being open opposing views is the point I think it becomes a bad experience for a lot of us.