Quote Originally Posted by Taiko666 View Post
The moral and philosophical arguments about the views expressed in your post could go on forever. However, Japan has signed and ratified a UN TREATY against racism.
Is this supposed to justify anything? That treaty was signed over a decade ago, yet Japan has not enacted one single law to accompany it. None. They let discrimination happen at will and deal with it case by case. Their reason for no laws? They say they can't enforce them. B.S. on their human rights treaty.

well, the Patriot Act gives the US government the authority and right to do anything they want to us civilians and violates the Bill of Rights.
This is not the USA we are talking about, but if they can violate the Bill of Rights in the USA, why don't more people fight such an out and out act of breaching civil rights?

Ok, let me pose this to you: You are in Russia, you are an officer of the law. You happen to see a very dark skinned man walking down the street. Russia is predominantly white, and you see he cannot speak Russian. Would you not in the least bit go over and at least ask him, if not check his passport, if he was there legally?
This is not Russia, either. Besides, we are not talking about noticing whether someone cannot speak the language. That example is so strange that one can take the hypothetical anywhere with it. We are talking about printing/photoing people who have lived here for decades (sometimes) and had PR status, done nothing overtly wrong (including being noticed that they cannot speak the language, which in itself is not even a crime).

Well, you just said it's a case by case thing. To me, that just pretty much nullified your arguement on that point.
It can be case by case, but how about the times when people report the cops just sit there and pick only on the foreigners? What about that "case"?

Here's the thing, I didn't move the goalposts.
Yes you did, by going from generality to specific. Stop it, and we can have a sensible debate.