Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
Wow, could you just leave the school premises without written authorization and not fear being punished or even fired ? It's also strange to me that another teacher should let you attend their class, even art, if you are not on the list of students of that class.
At this particular school, it was strict, but they didnt have people on the gates during class times, because obviously you are supposed to be in class. During lunchtimes we could leave if we had a 'lunch pass'. I lived too far away, so couldnt really get away with that... but if I left before lunch, and came back in time I was generally ok.
My art teacher loved me, and because I would spend my art period buying him croissants and other things from the bakery, he didnt really care when I made it up, and my japanese teacher didnt care... they had some kind of understanding Just had to make sure I parked my car in a convenient place to jump the fence and ruuuun!

Did you have horticulture classes at school ?

Our school was great, we had all sorts of subjects, but horticulture was one of the sciences offered. We went on lots of field trips which was fun, but our teacher really babied us, like we were tomato plants or something and couldnt stand by ourselves. Yes so because we took horticulture we had our own gardens in the school grounds, with REALLY high fences that had barbed wire etc, just incase someone wanted to break in and steal our precious veges.
We also had Skateboarding, Golf, Surfing, Go Karting, and nearly any sport you can imagine. That was only twice a week though, and you could only choose one at a time. I chose golf because my friend lived on the golf course closest to our school... seems that the teacher realised that though, and always took us to the golf courses furtherest away. It was ok though because once they took our names, we were free to do what we wanted.

This answers my previous question.
This was at my first high school, which doubled as intermediate (junior high). It was in the middle of no-where so we were hardly going to wander very far, the shops were about five minutes down the hill... had to hide from my nana a few times haha, that school was the easiest to escape from.